PDA

View Full Version : Defense?

mrwag
03-17-2002, 06:13 PM
I know all the talk this year has been on pitching, but is anyone besides me really worried about the horrible defense we've played so far this spring? Does anyone have the total # of errors so far? We have to be in the tops of all MLB teams so far. Not a good thing to take to the field with iffy pitching.

OEO Magglio
03-18-2002, 09:54 PM
I am not worried about their Defense at all. The reason is Kenny Lofton is one of the best defensive Cf's ever, Maggs is a very goo Rf, Carlos sucks at defense, but he played winter ball, so he might have got better, Jose hopefully will get used to 3b, Royce Clayton is one of the ss's in the league, Durham is descent, and Konerko, is a real good 1b.

Daver
03-18-2002, 10:00 PM
Originally posted by OEO Magglio
I am not worried about their Defense at all. The reason is Kenny Lofton is one of the best defensive Cf's ever, Maggs is a very goo Rf, Carlos sucks at defense, but he played winter ball, so he might have got better, Jose hopefully will get used to 3b, Royce Clayton is one of the ss's in the league, Durham is descent, and Konerko, is a real good 1b.

What?

Your kidding right?

mrwag
03-19-2002, 08:22 AM
Just look at the numbers being put up so far. Who's making those errors?

SoxRulecubsdrool
03-19-2002, 11:54 AM
Don't worry, I have a plan. My man Bush said we are expanding the budget on defense. After I finish here I will be emailing the White House and will get some of that money coming our way. One of you guys get on the horn with the Skipper and let him know. Star Wars defense may be perfect for left field and C. Lee.
:gulp:

Procol Harum
03-19-2002, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by SoxRulecubsdrool
Don't worry, I have a plan. My man Bush said we are expanding the budget on defense. After I finish here I will be emailing the White House and will get some of that money coming our way. One of you guys get on the horn with the Skipper and let him know. Star Wars defense may be perfect for left field and C. Lee.
:gulp:

Outstanding idea--perhaps we can get the Pentagon to ok F-16 flyovers to shoot down some of the enemy shots flying out of Comiskey...

baggio202
03-19-2002, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by Procol Harum

Outstanding idea--perhaps we can get the Pentagon to ok F-16 flyovers to shoot down some of the enemy shots flying out of Comiskey...

i dont think there are enough patriot missiles left for that task...we'd have a better chance of bringing a lasting peace to the middle east :smile:

nut_stock
03-19-2002, 01:05 PM
It's really not as bad as it seems guys. Arizona is not a fun place to play defense. Everyone is struggling out there. I started busting a gut after watching Alou drop a seemingly lazy fly ball. The tall sky and the wind sucks; also that infield is rock hard.

Dadawg_77
03-19-2002, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock
It's really not as bad as it seems guys. Arizona is not a fun place to play defense. Everyone is struggling out there. I started busting a gut after watching Alou drop a seemingly lazy fly ball. The tall sky and the wind sucks; also that infield is rock hard.

Question then, how comparable are number of Sox and Backs errors? They play on the same home field.