PDA

View Full Version : Sox-And-Roll Radio

baggio202
03-17-2002, 05:53 PM
these guys did an excellent job...RPS..youre onto something here...i recommend all sox fans check these guys out..im reminded of jimmy piersall...only what it would have been like if he was given free reign...its sox broadcasts with an attitude..and with an edge...i loved it

FarWestChicago
03-17-2002, 05:53 PM
That broadcast was both Totally Biased and hysterical! I couldn't stop laughing the whole time. :gulp: :)

WinningUgly!
03-17-2002, 05:55 PM
It was pretty good. Somebody get Joe Batters another beer! :gulp:

baggio202
03-17-2002, 05:56 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
That broadcast was both Totally Biased and hysterical! I couldn't stop laughing the whole time. :gulp: :)

guess we had the same thought at the same time....you guys can let my thread die on this subject..or just have a moderator remove it...those guys were great..i thought i was listening to jimmy piersall all over again...these guys are onto something...guido..the play by play guy...is as good as any in baseball...i cant believe that's the first time he has ever done that...i was really impressed with the on air quality...every sox fan that reads this should check these guys out..

PaleHoseGeorge
03-17-2002, 05:58 PM
Nice job by the whole crew. We should all chip in and buy Guido a computer. He would make a good WSI poster!!!

:gulp:

danman31
03-17-2002, 06:09 PM
What was so great about it? I didn't hear it so you guys would be doing me a favor by telling me what I missed out on. It sounds cool.

baggio202
03-17-2002, 06:19 PM
Originally posted by danman31
What was so great about it? I didn't hear it so you guys would be doing me a favor by telling me what I missed out on. It sounds cool.

what i liked about it was you dont have guys being paid by the team to broadcast the game...so they can say whatever they want...and was fun to heat them rip on the cubs..calling freddie mgriff "mcwiff" cracked me up...never heard that one before...when a great play was made..like crede made at third they got genuinely excited...

something about life long sox fans with a genuine love for the game and the team doing the broadcast..for free...not getting paid...that really made it special..

check it out..they are really onto something

JoeBatters
03-17-2002, 06:45 PM
Thanks a lot guys. We had some great feed back and tried our best to give you a good game call so you didn't have to listen to Chimp and Mo. Whoa! Too many beers today. Glad to everyone listening and we really appreciate it. Too bad them ****in flubbies won!! :angry: I still can't figure out how in the hell they shut us out.

Rockysdadswife
03-17-2002, 06:46 PM
:D: I couldn't agree more baggio. I LOVED them. Real people, our people doing the game. I laughed through the whole thing. I was surprised how good they were, this being their first time and all. These guys ROCK! I wish they could do every game. I'm not buying that they actually have lives and can't do this all the time. :oP

FarWestChicago
03-17-2002, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by Rockysdadswife
I'm not buying that they actually have lives and can't do this all the time. :oP You have a very good point there! And welcome to WSI, RDW! :gulp:

Rockysdadswife
03-17-2002, 06:58 PM
Thanks for the Welcome. Noticeably devoid of cubs fans here - I LIKE that!

baggio202
03-17-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Rockysdadswife
Thanks for the Welcome. Noticeably devoid of cubs fans here - I LIKE that!

yes..be devoid of cubs fans is a nice thing:)

hey..we went out with hotsox chick last night and she gave us your x-mas present...than ks a bunch..im already 30 pages into the book..your the coolest :cool:

Rockysdadswife
03-17-2002, 07:14 PM
:smile: I'm so glad you liked it baggio. I finished my copy on the plane. It's a GREAT book for baseball fans. :smile:

baggio202
03-17-2002, 07:26 PM
RPS...are you guys gonna sell sox and roll t-shirts with the logo on them???....would be a great way to advertise at the park..ill wear it to every game i go to :smile: ...put the logo on there with the internet address...

RedPinStripes
03-17-2002, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
RPS...are you guys gonna sell sox and roll t-shirts with the logo on them???....would be a great way to advertise at the park..ill wear it to every game i go to :smile: ...put the logo on there with the internet address...

It's definatly in the plans. I just have to make sure we don't get thrown in the joint for this. :D: It's definatly in the plans though. I think they'd look pretty cool. The best thing about his is: none of us had to put on an act. this is how we really are toward eachother when we have a night on the town or just hang out. We'll have to get you on there baggs. You know all of us so you'll blend right in.

CLR01
03-17-2002, 08:39 PM
I didnt get to hear the play by play but i did tune in to the pregame show just in time to here the crew basically say i was a moron for thinking Singleton was a HOF'er. No need to bash me because the rest of you are blind. :)

baggio202
03-17-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

It's definatly in the plans. I just have to make sure we don't get thrown in the joint for this. :D: It's definatly in the plans though. I think they'd look pretty cool. The best thing about his is: none of us had to put on an act. this is how we really are toward eachother when we have a night on the town or just hang out. We'll have to get you on there baggs. You know all of us so you'll blend right in.

im looking forward to it...it wouyld be great...and tell guido im really with his play by play...hawk better watch out..lol

MarqSox
03-17-2002, 09:54 PM
This thing sounds like an awesome idea and I can't wait to hear it...

Just out of curiousity, has anyone considered whether this is a "rebroadcast, retransmission or other account of this game without the express written permission of the Chicago White Sox and Major League Baseball?" I'd hate to see WSI go under because of an MLB lawsuit.

FarWestChicago
03-17-2002, 10:07 PM
Originally posted by MarqSox

Just out of curiousity, has anyone considered whether this is a "rebroadcast, retransmission or other account of this game without the express written permission of the Chicago White Sox and Major League Baseball?" I'd hate to see WSI go under because of an MLB lawsuit. :?: WSI didn't do any broadcast.

JoeBatters
03-17-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by CLR01
I didnt get to hear the play by play but i did tune in to the pregame show just in time to here the crew basically say i was a moron for thinking Singleton was a HOF'er. No need to bash me because the rest of you are blind. :)

O Dude , I don't belive we EVER said you we're a MORON for thinking Singleton was a HOF ! Nope ! We said for those people who might think that he is , are trapped in a LSD world of trails and flash backs !!!!!!!!!!!

HawkDJ
03-17-2002, 10:17 PM
:?: WSI didn't do any broadcast.

I doubt this matters but it does say on the front page New at WSI: Sox-and-Roll. I don't think MLB would sue or anything over this though. Well actually you never know with MLB. :(:

Although I probably won't ever listen, good luck guys! (honestly)

FarWestChicago
03-17-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2

I doubt this matters but it does say on the front page New at WSI: Sox-and-Roll. I don't think MLB would sue or anything over this though. Well actually you never know with MLB. :(:

Although I probably won't ever listen, good luck guys! (honestly) We have links to all sorts of different sites. We are not responsible for what happens on those sites.

MarqSox
03-17-2002, 10:23 PM
:?: WSI didn't do any broadcast.

My bad, not having heard Sox and Roll yet, I was under the impression that it was a game broadcast type thing.

FarWestChicago
03-17-2002, 10:29 PM

My bad, not having heard Sox and Roll yet, I was under the impression that it was a game broadcast type thing. It was. But, it wasn't done by WSI. It was done by our good friends at www.sox-and-roll.com. :smile:

nut_stock
03-17-2002, 10:37 PM

Just out of curiousity, has anyone considered whether this is a "rebroadcast, retransmission or other account of this game without the express written permission of the Chicago White Sox and Major League Baseball?" I'd hate to see WSI go under because of an MLB lawsuit.

Exactly what I was thinking, Im sure the WhiteSox organization are aware of WSI and could follow the link to Sox & Roll. I just don't see the Sox brass allowing you to rebroadcast.

Personally though, I think the broadcast is awesome, except for the fact that I only have a 56k modem.

RedPinStripes
03-17-2002, 10:49 PM
It was. But, it wasn't done by WSI. It was done by our good friends at www.sox-and-roll.com. :smile:

Yup. WSI and Sox-and-roll are 2 different sites. If there ever is any blame, it's all soxandroll. Not WSI. We're not making money, so if anyone gets pissed of fthat we speak the truth , I would imagine all that will be done is they'd tell us to cut it out. If we get attention it's because we're doing something right and using our freedom of speech that someone wants to take away. We're 10 seconds behind on the play by play and there are no rebroadcasted voices or sounds of the game.

voodoochile
03-17-2002, 10:52 PM
Originally posted by nut_stock

Exactly what I was thinking, Im sure the WhiteSox organization are aware of WSI and could follow the link to Sox & Roll. I just don't see the Sox brass allowing you to rebroadcast.

Personally though, I think the broadcast is awesome, except for the fact that I only have a 56k modem.

I don't think it is a rebroadcast, unless you are using the words and pictures they are using. I assume you are watching on TV and doing PBP yourselves.

Might want to have a legal mind look at it anyway, just to be safe. Certainly wouldn't want to enter a gray area on slander and end up losing more than just your website.

RedPinStripes
03-17-2002, 10:55 PM

*****!
CLR.... You egomaniac. That wasn't about you. And I do remeber apologising to you personally over the air for us ripping your boy. It might have sounded sarcastic as I like to be, but the intent was there. I really hope you are kidding about Singleton going to the HOF. :D:

RedPinStripes
03-17-2002, 10:56 PM

Although I probably won't ever listen, good luck guys! (honestly)

Did you enjoy listening to Chimp and Mo today? I'll bet every Sox fan wanted to hear that crap.

RedPinStripes
03-17-2002, 11:33 PM

Nope. I didn't listen to the game at all. I was watching NCAA tournament. Why is everyone giving me a hard time? I said good luck and I mean it.

I'm not givin you a hard time. If we're not your style, then so be it. I just thought you'd rather hear them 2 idiot cub lovers then us. lol.

CLR01
03-18-2002, 12:03 AM

*****!
CLR.... You egomaniac. That wasn't about you. And I do remeber apologising to you personally over the air for us ripping your boy. It might have sounded sarcastic as I like to be, but the intent was there. I really hope you are kidding about Singleton going to the HOF. :D:

Oh yeah, I forgot there have been others who have come out of the closet about their true feelings of Singleton as a ball player. :smile: I only caught about 3 minutes of the pregame so i didnt hear very much. Looking forward to catching more of the next broadcast.

Do i really have to answer the singleton question for you? :?: :?:

RedPinStripes
03-18-2002, 12:16 AM

Oh yeah, I forgot there have been others who have come out of the closet about their true feelings of Singleton as a ball player. :smile: I only caught about 3 minutes of the pregame so i didnt hear very much. Looking forward to catching more of the next broadcast.

Do i really have to answer the singleton question for you? :?: :?:

Naaaa. I know what answer i'll get. lol

RedPinStripes
03-18-2002, 12:30 AM
Originally posted by nut_stock

Was it breaking up on you a lot? I was wondering how the dialup people's pc's were handling it.

LongDistanceFan
03-18-2002, 12:37 AM

Was it breaking up on you a lot? I was wondering how the dialup people's pc's were handling it. i am kinda of pissed that i missed this............. i now have this in my favorites and will listen.

Daver
03-18-2002, 12:40 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
i am kinda of pissed that i missed this............. i now have this in my favorites and will listen.

I missed it too,I had to fish,the freezer was getting low.

JoeBatters
03-18-2002, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by daver

I missed it too,I had to fish,the freezer was getting low.

Daver , you are one of the Best freinds a HUMAN could have !

RedPinStripes
03-18-2002, 12:47 AM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
i am kinda of pissed that i missed this............. i now have this in my favorites and will listen.

Wear headphones if children are near. lol . We have a good time.

bjmarte
03-18-2002, 02:59 PM
Hey Red,

When do you change up the music? I started listening this morning and it is starting to repeat the playlist.

Iwritecode
03-18-2002, 03:10 PM
Was it breaking up on you a lot? I was wondering how the dialup people's pc's were handling it.

Dialup wasn't handling it too well at all. I checked it out the other day and I would get about 5 seconds of music and then 10 seconds of nothing. I'm sure DSL or Cable work much better.

Damn, I upgrade my computer and it still isn't fast enough...

doublem23
03-18-2002, 06:06 PM
So when's the next broadcast?

RedPinStripes
03-18-2002, 07:14 PM
Originally posted by bjmarte
Hey Red,

When do you change up the music? I started listening this morning and it is starting to repeat the playlist.

I'll upload up a new play list tonight. it takes a while though. Sucks that i only get 100 mb on the server. Glad you listened enough to know it was the same playlist. it was 4 1\2 hours long. lol

RedPinStripes
03-18-2002, 07:15 PM
Originally posted by doublem23
So when's the next broadcast?

Might be March 31st. not sure yet. If they had a game on tv this weekend we would do it. Need more televised ST games. We need practice too. :D:

We will announce it on our website in a few days.

RedPinStripes
03-18-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by Iwritecode

Dialup wasn't handling it too well at all. I checked it out the other day and I would get about 5 seconds of music and then 10 seconds of nothing. I'm sure DSL or Cable work much better.

Damn, I upgrade my computer and it still isn't fast enough...

Yeah, music might sound a little off especially 2 hours before the game because it's a live broadcast and it's coming from my computer's hard drive however, the game broadcast should sound clear because it's much less information being processed. Any other time you listen to music, it should improve because it runs off a server. The station might be off air for a couple hours tonight because i have to upload about 50 songs for a new playlist. I might do that late tonight though.

Mathew
03-18-2002, 07:58 PM
Here's some more suggestions?

Everclear, Live, Springsteen, Talking Heads, Peter Gabriel, Foreigner. How's that for Variety?

Project Wyze's song Nothing's what is seems you could listen to and tell me what you think?

RedPinStripes
03-18-2002, 08:33 PM
Originally posted by Mathew
Here's some more suggestions?

Everclear, Live, Springsteen, Talking Heads, Peter Gabriel, Foreigner. How's that for Variety?

Project Wyze's song Nothing's what is seems you could listen to and tell me what you think?

Working on it now. You'll hear that late tonight or early tomorrow. You'll also hear much heavier stuff in the middle of it though. lol

bjmarte
03-19-2002, 12:04 AM

Working on it now. You'll hear that late tonight or early tomorrow. You'll also hear much heavier stuff in the middle of it though. lol

Got any Stryper? Just kidding.

I liked the harder stuff alot. Especially the old metal stuff like Iron Maiden. Most of the stuff I had was on cassette, some on vinyl, and most of it is long gone.

RedPinStripes
03-19-2002, 12:09 AM
Originally posted by bjmarte

Got any Stryper? Just kidding.

I liked the harder stuff alot. Especially the old metal stuff like Iron Maiden. Most of the stuff I had was on cassette, some on vinyl, and most of it is long gone.

Cool! That's out preferance as you see by the logo. :cool:

I have more maiden, motor head and metallica on there. some ac\dc too. wish i had more then just 100 mb on the server. that blows!

bjmarte
03-19-2002, 12:33 AM

Cool! That's out preferance as you see by the logo. :cool:

I have more maiden, motor head and metallica on there. some ac\dc too. wish i had more then just 100 mb on the server. that blows!

Good music to write code to. :smile:

Daver
03-19-2002, 12:45 AM
Please take further requsts to E-mail,the link is musicrequset@sox-and-roll.com

RedPinStripes
03-19-2002, 12:59 AM

Thanx daver. i should have posted that. :D:

Mathew
03-19-2002, 01:07 AM
Sorry guys I will direct as such in the future.

JoeBatters
03-19-2002, 05:06 PM

Thanks Daver for the Post , but the correct Email Addie is

musicrequests@sox-and-roll.com , JoeBatters

voodoochile
03-19-2002, 05:16 PM
Hey Joe... How's the kid? Is he allowed to use the computer yet?

:D:

RedPinStripes
03-19-2002, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by JoeBatters

Thanks Daver for the Post , but the correct Email Addie is

musicrequests@sox-and-roll.com , JoeBatters

DOH! I should have caught that.

RedPinStripes
03-19-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

LOL! I doubt it.

JoeBatters
03-19-2002, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by voodoochile

Sure he is , but he is finding it hard without any fingers !
Man O Man , do you think i should let him from under the kitchen sink now ?