PDA

View Full Version : Maddux & Wells... two peas in a pod

JohnTucker0814
03-02-2007, 11:42 AM
Here is an article talking about how Greg Maddux and David Wells are somewhat similar:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring2007/columns/story?columnist=crasnick_jerry&id=2784095&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab4pos2

Maddux? For a guy with a CPA's demeanor, he has a sense of humor that a 12-year-old would envy. Maddux is a master of strategically timed nose picking, sidling up to an unsuspecting rookie in the shower and urinating on the kid's leg, and inventing just the right nickname for a teammate with big ears, a prominent schnozz or some other pronounced physical qualities.

I used to respect Maddux a lot... never liked Wells, but now I think I have ZERO respect for Maddux. Peeing on a rookie in the shower. If I was a rookie, I'd risk suspension or being traded to deck him if he did that to me. As big of a deal as ESPN has made over hazing incidents, why do they act like this is okay?

mccoydp
03-02-2007, 01:00 PM
..."sliding up to an unsuspecting rookie in the shower and urinating on the kid's leg, and inventing just the right nickname for a teammate with big ears, a prominent schnozz or some other pronounced physical qualities."

Gee, what a guy. :redneck

WhiteSox5187
03-02-2007, 01:25 PM
Maddux? For a guy with a CPA's demeanor, he has a sense of humor that a 12-year-old would envy. Maddux is a master of strategically timed nose picking, sidling up to an unsuspecting rookie in the shower and urinating on the kid's leg, and inventing just the right nickname for a teammate with big ears, a prominent schnozz or some other pronounced physical qualities.

Maddux was one of the few Cubs that I loved and I REFUSE to believe this! I've met Maddux, I've talked to him, and I've never heard of anyone doing something like this. I refuse to believe it.:whiner:

EndemicSox
03-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Oh come, his teammates have nothing but good things to say about him. Some of the Sox players need to grow thicker skin.

HotelWhiteSox
03-03-2007, 04:11 AM
I always took him for more of a jerk type. I was watching one Cubs game where he walked a guy, the catcher came up to visit him, and you saw him mouth 'get the **** back behind the plate' and some other unpleasant words. The catcher had a numb look like 'okay', and went back. Normal in sports, but you could tell he was disturbed of just how the catcher coming out to give a visit to him looked to other people.

Nellie_Fox
03-04-2007, 03:15 AM
If somebody pissed on me, I swear, I'd have to be stopped from beating him with a baseball bat, of which there are many in a clubhouse. I don't even think a twelve-year-old would try that.

IndianWhiteSox
03-04-2007, 12:52 PM

That's just sick, if he did that to me I'd kill him straight up.

pmck003
03-04-2007, 02:51 PM
I'd be honored to have Maddux pee on my leg

Gregory Pratt
03-05-2007, 10:21 PM
You would not kill anyone please stop exaggerating.
That happens in clubhouses. If it does, you wash it off. You are in the shower, after all.

PatK
03-06-2007, 09:29 AM
We used to pee on the rookies in the shower when I played hockey in high school, but that was only if they were in there before the upperclassman.

PennStater98r
03-06-2007, 09:53 AM
Here is an article talking about how Greg Maddux and David Wells are somewhat similar:

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/spring2007/columns/story?columnist=crasnick_jerry&id=2784095&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab4pos2

I used to respect Maddux a lot... never liked Wells, but now I think I have ZERO respect for Maddux. Peeing on a rookie in the shower. If I was a rookie, I'd risk suspension or being traded to deck him if he did that to me. As big of a deal as ESPN has made over hazing incidents, why do they act like this is okay?

Maybe Maddux found out the guy was 'into it.' There are some people that are you know...

:bandance:

Nellie_Fox
03-06-2007, 12:22 PM
We used to pee on the rookies in the shower when I played hockey in high school, but that was only if they were in there before the upperclassman.How many times have I heard the line about organized team sports "building character?"

soxfan13
03-06-2007, 01:36 PM
If somebody pissed on me, I swear, I'd have to be stopped from beating him with a baseball bat, of which there are many in a clubhouse. I don't even think a twelve-year-old would try that.

It has gone on forever!! I dont condone it but I recall my freshman year of high school football, running to the shower and washing and dressing as fast as possible. If you got caught in the shower when the varsity came in, it was a good bet that someone got pissed on.

JohnTucker0814
03-06-2007, 01:41 PM
It has gone on forever!! I dont condone it but I recall my freshman year of high school football, running to the shower and washing and dressing as fast as possible. If you got caught in the shower when the varsity came in, it was a good bet that someone got pissed on.

It was also "common" behavier for people to bash gay people, be racist, make people sit on the back of the bus, drink out of different water fountain... my point is...

Just because it has been done in the past and accepted, doesn't make it right.

That kind of attitude is why this country can really suck at times. Nobody is willing to stand up for what is RIGHT!

soxfan13
03-06-2007, 01:45 PM
It was also "common" behavier for people to bash gay people, be racist, make people sit on the back of the bus, drink out of different water fountain... my point is...

Just because it has been done in the past and accepted, doesn't make it right.

That kind of attitude is why this country can really suck at times. Nobody is willing to stand up for what is RIGHT!

Again I said I dont condone it but I was also smart enough to get out of the shower before varsity showed up. To compare it to the things you did, is really going abit over board.

chaerulez
03-06-2007, 02:05 PM
You would not kill anyone please stop exaggerating.
That happens in clubhouses. If it does, you wash it off. You are in the shower, after all.

Yeah, I understand if you guys don't want someone to piss on you, but lets cut out the tough guy act saying you'll kill someone.

Red Barchetta
03-06-2007, 06:58 PM
I think Maddox should have hooked up with Moises Alou to share the love. (I know there is a joke in there somewhere) :D:

Ziggy S
03-06-2007, 07:03 PM
I think Maddox should have hooked up with Moises Alou to share the love. (I know there is a joke in there somewhere) :D:
How are we so sure this never happened? They were on the same team three years ago (the Scrubs, of course)