PDA

View Full Version : These Cubs fans...

Viva Magglio
07-31-2001, 09:13 PM
Last night, Tommy Williams of the Score posed a question to White Sox fans asking if they're jealous of the success the Cubs are having. I admit that I am somewhat jealous of their success but due to the fact that the media goes more "ga-ga" over the Cubs winning than they do over the White Sox winning. The Cubs haven't won a damn thing yet, but they seem to have already garnered more attention than we did all of last year!

Not only do we have to endure that from the biased media, but we also have to endure some of our friends on the North Side taking cheap shots at us while predicting that their team is greater than the '85 Bears. In the wake of the Fred McGriff acquisition, the most partisan of Cubs fans are wetting their pants. They seem to be preoccupied with bashing us, yet these same people often accuse us of the same crime all the time. It seems they like to talk the talk but can't walk the walk.

These particular Cubs fans are setting themselves up for a huge letdown. World Series aren't won in July. Anything can happen with a 4 game lead.

Jerry_Manuel
07-31-2001, 09:19 PM
The Score has been making me want to rip my hair out the past few days. The other day North was talking about the Cubs world series starting rotation vs. the Yankees. Thank god Dan and Terry talked some football today. I can't stand listening to Cub fans for 12 to 13 hours a day.

IA_soxfan
07-31-2001, 09:39 PM
Man, have you guys ever thought about how satisfying it would be for them to not make the playoffs? They'd be wetting their pants for different reasons then.

Jerry_Manuel
07-31-2001, 09:43 PM
Man, have you guys ever thought about how satisfying it would be for them to not make the playoffs? They'd be wetting their pants for different reasons then.

Well hopefully the Astros get their act together and get on a winning streak. If they do get in I will enjoy watching those games to see them go down hard.