PDA

View Full Version : Any Sox Pride members take advantage of today's sale?

KenBerryGrab
03-01-2007, 01:11 PM
I'm pretty well set for April, but I wondered whether any Sox Pride members went through the process today. If so, how did it go?

SoxRox
03-01-2007, 01:48 PM
It seems the Sox Pride tix are all in the upper rows of Sec 101. It looks like there is no way to see over to left field from there. I would rather be in the upper deck and see all the action. Doubt I will use the ticket-buying feature of the club at all. Just the MLB.com radio.

Also, I'm really PO'd that I learned about the sale of April tickets from this board. I didn't get an email from Sox/MLB about this.

I was hoping for a shot at opening day tix but by the time I found out about it they were looong gone.

-SoxRox

KenBerryGrab
03-01-2007, 02:03 PM
Sorry to hear you didn't get an e-mail. I received one yesterday afternoon.

Opening day tickets were gone before any Sox Pride sales. Our group of 20 -- with a 23-year history -- has been moved upstairs and almost out of the yard. Such is success.

DoItForDanPasqua
03-01-2007, 02:51 PM
It seems the Sox Pride tix are all in the upper rows of Sec 101. It looks like there is no way to see over to left field from there. I would rather be in the upper deck and see all the action. Doubt I will use the ticket-buying feature of the club at all. Just the MLB.com radio.

-SoxRox

Same here. That was nice of them to hook us up with seats where you can't see the whole field and only charge $35 each with the service fee.

SoxRox
03-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Looks like some of those opening day tickets in the SoxPride section are already on Stubhub for $100. @@#@#!^&* scaplers!

-SoxRox

tags22
03-01-2007, 09:09 PM
I was lucky enough to get 2 tickets for the Soxpride section for opening day no problem. Not the best seats sec 101 row 22 but I'll take it cause I wasn't going any other way.

bryPt
03-01-2007, 09:51 PM
yep, got the sunday angels game. I like this idea. I had ozzie plan last year, but can't score them this year, so having an opportunity to still get first level seats at the start of the month is tasty.

ewokpelts
03-02-2007, 06:56 AM
i wonder why they moved the seats from where they were last year?

soxfan1983
03-02-2007, 08:31 AM
i was able to get opening day tickets, row 22 also. never been, so im pretty happy

DoubleO
03-02-2007, 08:59 AM
I was able to score 2 as well, sec. 101 row 22. Price was $40 plus the service fee...

Lukin13
03-02-2007, 09:03 AM
what a joke...

pretty darn expensive for obstructed view seats.

BS

SouthSide_HitMen
03-02-2007, 09:09 AM

I'm sure it is easier to sell non obstructed view season tickets.

I sat in section 163 near the top left hand corner (next to 164 and the centerfield fan deck obstruction) for the World Series. Section 163 is the LF equivalent to Section 101.

The only balls you were not able to see were on the warning track / over the fence. I would pass on the seats when Upper Deck Box infield box seats are available but I would purchase them for sell-outs, near sell-outs (where only the UD Foul Poul seats remain).

PatK
03-02-2007, 09:24 AM
I don't know if I'm renewing my Sox Pride membership. It did little for me last year and I don't see any reason why I would want it this year.

Is there any advantage in getting it?

Hitmen77
03-02-2007, 09:27 AM
I don't know if I'm renewing my Sox Pride membership. It did little for me last year and I don't see any reason why I would want it this year.

Is there any advantage in getting it?

I did it for access to MLB radio broadcasts. Last year, that was worth $10 for the year for me.

itsnotrequired
03-02-2007, 09:34 AM
I did it for access to MLB radio broadcasts. Last year, that was worth $10 for the year for me.

Last year was a steal, especially if you wanted the Game Day Audio. It was cheaper to get it through the Sox Pride Club than directly from MLB. This year it is $5 more than the Game Day Audio subscription (which I was going to get anyway) so I just re-upped my Sox Pride membership. I may not ever need to buy tickets in the Sox Pride section but at least I have the option...

KenBerryGrab
03-02-2007, 12:34 PM
Last year was a steal, especially if you wanted the Game Day Audio. It was cheaper to get it through the Sox Pride Club than directly from MLB. This year it is $5 more than the Game Day Audio subscription (which I was going to get anyway) so I just re-upped my Sox Pride membership. I may not ever need to buy tickets in the Sox Pride section but at least I have the option...

I'm right there with you in your thinking.

bahn1225
03-02-2007, 09:58 PM

Where were they last year? :?:

Unblyleven Bread
03-02-2007, 10:03 PM
I bought the fake beard Terry Forster wore in a day/night doubleheader in 1971. He was only 19 at the time, so he had to wear the beard in order to trick security into letting him in.

itsnotrequired
03-02-2007, 10:59 PM
I bought the fake beard Terry Forster wore in a day/night doubleheader in 1971. He was only 19 at the time, so he had to wear the beard in order to trick security into letting him in.

Steve Stoute is the type of guy who just looking at him you assume he could grow a powerful beard.

Unblyleven Bread
03-03-2007, 10:27 AM
Steve Stoute is the type of guy who just looking at him you assume he could grow a powerful beard.

Who is Steve Stoute? :?:

I think we are in the dawn of a new age of beard renaissance in MLB. If you ask me, long time coming and long overdue.