PDA

View Full Version : Sox season preview on Deadspin

hi im skot
03-01-2007, 01:54 PM
Linky. (http://deadspin.com/sports/baseball/baseball-season-preview-chicago-white-sox-240679.php)

Disappointing that this is written by a "fan"...not surprised if this finds its way to the roadhouse.

Check out the reader comments if you're into blood boiling.

Dan Mega
03-01-2007, 02:02 PM
I don't know what is more childish, Deadspin or Moronotti's articles.

twsoxfan5
03-01-2007, 02:07 PM
Was the Deadspin website created in some kids basement with an 8 dollar budget? I have never seen a more generic website with less informed people.

Corlose 15
03-01-2007, 02:08 PM
Ah yes, there is nothing quite so clever and original as a good stereotype.:rolleyes:

esbrechtel
03-01-2007, 02:16 PM
"we're with you all the way...mostly" what a crock:rolleyes:

areilly
03-01-2007, 02:57 PM
I think she nailed it perfectly with this last paragraph:

It wouldn't be Chicago White Sox baseball -- or any kind of baseball -- without the doomsday predictions and cautious optimism. I'm curious to see what this 2007 season brings, and curiosity brings hope, and hope springs eternal (until the first bad slump of the season).

That's been my experience with this team. That's been the experience of three generations of my Sox-loving family before me. That's been the experience of every Sox fan friend I have in this world. The Sox are unstoppable until something - anything - goes wrong, and suddenly the sky is falling.

(Personally I thought Matt Ufford's Mariners preview (http://deadspin.com/sports/baseball/baseball-season-preview-seattle-mariners-239131.php) was the funniest baseball column I've read in a looooong time.)

EndemicSox
03-01-2007, 03:40 PM
People hating on deadspin now? It's one of the best sites on the internet folks...move along.

RedHeadPaleHoser
03-01-2007, 03:46 PM
A guy rags on the White Sox, saying they should be contracted but his avatar is of that child molester freakshow who admitted to killing Jon Benet?

Yeah, I really give a flying **** what Deadspin thinks about the White Sox. Or their "bloggers".

All the world's a masquerade made up of fools, and philosophers....

twsoxfan5
03-01-2007, 04:14 PM
People hating on deadspin now? It's one of the best sites on the internet folks...move along.

In your opinion

chaerulez
03-01-2007, 04:17 PM
One person questions the White Sox's 2007 chances and now Deadspin sucks. Great logic here. :rolleyes:

twsoxfan5
03-01-2007, 04:22 PM
One person questions the White Sox's 2007 chances and now Deadspin sucks. Great logic here. :rolleyes:

I dont think everyone hates it and I like to think I look at most things objectively. I just dont like the website and I never have. Just my opinion.

Dan Mega
03-01-2007, 04:24 PM
I dont think everyone hates it and I like to think I look at most things objectively. I just dont like the website and I never have. Just my opinion.

Same here. Unfortunetly, there are those that roll their eyes at you if you don't share the exact same opinion as they do.

The Immigrant
03-01-2007, 04:27 PM
Deadspin is a great site overall, but this batch of comments was beyond lame.

EDIT: although it is nice to see patbooyah representin'

chisoxfanatic
03-01-2007, 06:32 PM
Lets's go go-go White Sox! I'm with you all the way. Mostly.

You're either with them or not with them. None of this half/half will be tolerated.

Over By There
03-01-2007, 08:09 PM
IMO:

Deadspin = Good
That preview = Lousy.

And the Deaspin commenters hold just about everything under the sun with disdain, not just the Sox, so don't take it too personally.

Gavin
03-01-2007, 08:14 PM
IMO:

Deadspin = Good
That preview = Lousy.

And the Deaspin commenters hold just about everything under the sun with disdain, not just the Sox, so don't take it too personally.

Yep. Deadspin rocks. You're with me, leather.

Vernam
03-01-2007, 08:24 PM
Whoa, that's some seriously bad writing there. And her blog reads like a parody of the form, which is really saying something.

Besides which, what's she talking about re: no fanfare for the champs at Opening Day '06? If she sat through the rain delay, she'd have first seen a helluva pre-game show, including banners unveiled and that too-close-for-comfort fighter jet flyover. And who gives a **** that she and her companion ate a couple of Koshers? http://www.cipherdom.com/pix/yawn.gif

Vernam

TheGipper
03-01-2007, 11:07 PM
I think she nailed it perfectly with this last paragraph:

That's been my experience with this team. That's been the experience of three generations of my Sox-loving family before me. That's been the experience of every Sox fan friend I have in this world. The Sox are unstoppable until something - anything - goes wrong, and suddenly the sky is falling.

(Personally I thought Matt Ufford's Mariners preview (http://deadspin.com/sports/baseball/baseball-season-preview-seattle-mariners-239131.php) was the funniest baseball column I've read in a looooong time.)

Freaking hilarious!!!!!!:rolling:

Jerome
03-02-2007, 03:55 PM
Linky. (http://deadspin.com/sports/baseball/baseball-season-preview-chicago-white-sox-240679.php)

Disappointing that this is written by a "fan"...not surprised if this finds its way to the roadhouse.

Check out the reader comments if you're into blood boiling.

i stopped reading when she used "team chemistry as one of her reasons why the 06 sox weren't as good.