PDA

View Full Version : Gonzales article: Room for a long shot on White Sox

A. Cavatica
02-28-2007, 09:28 PM
Linky (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-070227sox,1,6868919.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines)

Interesting article, but I thought his "Roster Roundup" was off. He breaks down the players into Locks, Strong Shots, On the Fence, and Long Shots. Sorry, but there's no way Sisco is a Lock or E. Perez is a Strong Shot (same as he rates Anderson.) IMHO Aardsma, Floyd, and Haeger (On the Fence) each have better shots at making the club than Perez -- and maybe Sisco -- though of course all three won't.

UserNameBlank
02-28-2007, 09:47 PM
Linky (http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-070227sox,1,6868919.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines)

Interesting article, but I thought his "Roster Roundup" was off. He breaks down the players into Locks, Strong Shots, On the Fence, and Long Shots. Sorry, but there's no way Sisco is a Lock or E. Perez is a Strong Shot (same as he rates Anderson.) IMHO Aardsma, Floyd, and Haeger (On the Fence) each have better shots at making the club than Perez -- and maybe Sisco -- though of course all three won't.

Ozzie is going to want a second lefty. Logan will probably be Sisco's only competition so Andy is about as close to a lock as there is in the bullpen other than our big 3.

Haeger IMO has almost no shot of making this club. Floyd would have to bomb AND all three of Danks/Gio/Broadway would have to show they aren't ready. Aardsma wil be in, but I agree on Perez. With all the OF's and Mackowiak, the only way he makes the team is if a bench player is traded (probably Mack if it happens).

HotelWhiteSox
02-28-2007, 09:54 PM
I would probably agree that Sisco is a lock

A. Cavatica
02-28-2007, 10:18 PM
Ozzie is going to want a second lefty. Logan will probably be Sisco's only competition

Phillips, Danks, Gio...

UserNameBlank
02-28-2007, 11:20 PM
Phillips, Danks, Gio...

No way do the Sox stunt the development of Gio or Danks by making one of them a LOOGY. Phillips, maybe, but certainly not two of the top lefthanded pitching prospects in baseball. If they don't make the team as fifth starter they will start in Triple A.

IMO, the only way Sisco doesn't make the team is if he and the Sox decide it would be better for him to go back to the minors to start.

itsnotrequired
02-28-2007, 11:49 PM
No way do the Sox stunt the development of Gio or Danks by making one of them a LOOGY. Phillips, maybe, but certainly not two of the top lefthanded pitching prospects in baseball. If they don't make the team as fifth starter they will start in Triple A.

What this guy said. Having Gonzales or Danks sitting in the bullpen is a waste of time.