PDA

View Full Version : White Sox in Tucson Roll Call

Viva Medias B's
02-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Who is travelling to Tucson, Arizona, this month to catch White Sox spring training games and when?

I'll be down in Tucson March 22-26. I'll be attending a Sox-Rockies game at Hi Corbett Field on the 23rd and a Sox-Diamondbacks game at TEP Park on the 24th. I'll also be attending three University of Arizona baseball games that weekend at Jerry Kindall Field.

AZChiSoxFan
02-28-2007, 03:25 PM
I'll also be attending three University of Arizona baseball games that weekend at Jerry Kindall Field.

Viva, actually it's Jerry Kindall Field at Frank Sancet Stadium.

BTW, the score yesterday at Sancet Stadium......

ASU 22

u of a 8

:bandance: :gulp: :bandance: :gulp:

Viva Medias B's
02-28-2007, 03:30 PM
Viva, actually it's Jerry Kindall Field at Frank Sancet Stadium.

BTW, the score yesterday at Sancet Stadium......

ASU 22

u of a 8

:bandance: :gulp: :bandance: :gulp:

Was Buehrle pitching for UA yesterday?

DeadMoney
02-28-2007, 03:39 PM
I'm leaving next Thursday and coming home the following Monday (so the 8th/9th to the 12th). So I'll be catching them:
Friday vs Arizona
Saturday vs Oakland
Monday vs San Diego
...and most likely on the back fields for some time on all 4 of the days there.

Basically just a short Spring Break, Spring Training trip to Tucson.

JDub35
02-28-2007, 09:31 PM
Mots09 and I will be out there 3/14-3/17. Looking forward to some Sox baseball and sun!

:supernana: :supernana:

Two By Four
03-01-2007, 01:17 AM
Who is travelling to Tucson,

I am here now.

pdimas
03-01-2007, 10:01 AM
We are gonna be there from the 14 until the 16.

KRS1
03-01-2007, 01:24 PM
I'll be down there next monday.

Dick Allen
03-01-2007, 02:20 PM
I'll actually be in Scottsdale 3/23-3/31. I'll be at the 3/26 game vs. SF and the 3/27 game vs. the Angels in Tempe.

logansquaresox
03-01-2007, 02:29 PM
I'll be there the 7th through the 11th. We'll be taking in the game vs. Colorado at Hi Corbett on the 8th and the games against Arizona and Oakland on the 8th and 9th at TEP. Can't bloody wait. :bandance:

chrisp64
03-06-2007, 12:24 AM
My husband and I are leaving for Tucson the 9th and coming back the 16th. I have been a Sox fan for over 30 years and this is my first time. I'm so excited to go to the games on the 10th, 12th and 14th. I only want to get a chance to thank some of the players for the championship and enjoy the warm weather. :cool:

GO WHITE SOX!

RadioheadRocks
03-06-2007, 04:37 AM
Flying out first thing in the morning, going to the games Wednesday (vs. KC) and Thursday (vs. the Rockies at Hi Corbett). :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

JayBeast
03-08-2007, 12:24 PM
Me & the gf will be there the 14th - 18th... for 3 games.:gulp:

cwsfannick
03-08-2007, 09:54 PM
We are gonna be there from the 14 until the 16.
Heah, me to. We should get together for a pop or two.:D:

pdimas
03-09-2007, 10:19 AM
Heah, me to. We should get together for a pop or two.:D:

Only a few more days buddy :smile:. I can't wait for the real thing to start. I feel kind of like a drug addict. Next week is something to get me over until the real thing starts in two weeks. Im glad I saw your post it reminded me that I have to set up a rental car for us. I think my pops is already getting ready for opening day because I was moving around a cooler and found it stocked with beer already. This may not some seem odd at first but when you factor in that we have 3 refrigerators with nary a beer in them (or anything else at the moment) you gotta think he is prepping for a big ass tailgate for opening day.

cwsfannick
03-09-2007, 09:43 PM
Only a few more days buddy :smile:. I can't wait for the real thing to start. I feel kind of like a drug addict. Next week is something to get me over until the real thing starts in two weeks. Im glad I saw your post it reminded me that I have to set up a rental car for us. I think my pops is already getting ready for opening day because I was moving around a cooler and found it stocked with beer already. This may not some seem odd at first but when you factor in that we have 3 refrigerators with nary a beer in them (or anything else at the moment) you gotta think he is prepping for a big ass tailgate for opening day.
Or was the cooler of Beer left over from the Super Bowl party?

Yeah, I can't wait for opening day either. I had a Fever Pitch moment today. Season tickets came in the mail. See you Wednesday.

Mots09
03-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Jdub and I are staying at Holiday Inn Palo Verde; which is a short distance from Electric Park.

Viva Medias B's
03-10-2007, 08:08 PM
Jdub and I are staying at Holiday Inn Palo Verde; which is a short distance from Electric Park.

I'll be at the same hotel in two weeks. Great lobby with the big waterfall.

Mots09
03-10-2007, 08:14 PM
Viva does the hotel have a shuttle to the park, if not what's a cab ride cost? We aren't going to rent a car b/c we plan on being ham-hocked majority of time?

Also is there any gas stations around the place?

drewcifer
03-10-2007, 08:23 PM
We're here. We split the day between both games starting with the game against Colorado.

We'll see the Padres on Monday also before heading back home.

DrGozzie
03-11-2007, 12:25 PM
My hubby and I were at the games against the D-Backs on the 2nd and 3rd. It was chilly - I'll have to remember to go a week or so later next time because the hot weather came right as we left. Got some nice close up pics of 2 of my 3 favorite players - Iguchi and Dye. My other favorite, Anderson wasn't at the game on the 3rd - must have away on the split squad. I think he's really going to develop into a force to be reckoned with. Plus he's so cute.

Mots, I wouldn't suggest a cab - they're super expensive. We stayed at the LaQuinta (not the one right by the airport, a few more miles away), and it was almost $30 to get there from the airport and the same to get to Electric Park. You can ride the bus, but it takes an hour to get to the park, and there are some pretty interesting characters on the bus. (I felt sorry for the people and found it depressing.) But it was only $2 a person for an all day bus pass.

Viva - my ex-husband went to Marist.

Viva Medias B's
03-11-2007, 02:15 PM
Viva does the hotel have a shuttle to the park, if not what's a cab ride cost? We aren't going to rent a car b/c we plan on being ham-hocked majority of time?

Also is there any gas stations around the place?

You could get the hotel to take you to the park. I think they use the airport van for that purpose.

Mots09
03-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Thanks Viva! The pool looks nice from the pictures what did you think of it?

Viva Medias B's
03-11-2007, 08:36 PM
Thanks Viva! The pool looks nice from the pictures what did you think of it?

It's a nice pool. I just wish they would open an outdoor bar there!

Mots09
03-11-2007, 08:56 PM
I thought there was an outside bar, maybe that a towel station.. dang.

oh well just going to have to roll down w/ a cooler:) Viva is there any gas stations around the hotel w/in walking distance?

Viva Medias B's
03-11-2007, 09:10 PM
I thought there was an outside bar, maybe that a towel station.. dang.

oh well just going to have to roll down w/ a cooler:) Viva is there any gas stations around the hotel w/in walking distance?

Well, not easy walking distance. It would be quite a walk, but there is a Circle K at Palo Verde and Ajo Way which is north of the Holiday Inn.

Mots09
03-11-2007, 09:11 PM
Viva last question I promise but is there free continental breakfast ? Also any decent restaurants around hotel?
thanks

Viva Medias B's
03-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Viva last question I promise but is there free continental breakfast ? Also any decent restaurants around hotel?
thanks

IIRC, you get a free continental breakfast if you're a Holiday Inn Priority Club member. Ask the hotel staff. Unfortunately, the only restaurant in your immediate area is the one in the hotel. Tucson is a wide open community, especially on the South Side where you are. If you want to get anywhere beyond walking distance, a car is essential.

pdimas
03-12-2007, 10:40 AM
Or was the cooler of Beer left over from the Super Bowl party?

Yeah, I can't wait for opening day either. I had a Fever Pitch moment today. Season tickets came in the mail. See you Wednesday.

I got mine on Friday too. Just like we do every year my dad and I took up our seats on the couch and opened our boxes at the same time (even though we have seats next to each other they are two seperate accounts). It seriously is one of my favorite days of the year :smile:. Only a couple more days until Tucson buddy!

I think you're right as the beer may be left over from the Super Bowl. I might have to hide it in with the fresh beer on opening day. Muhahahaha

SoxShirt
03-12-2007, 11:26 AM
I'll be there 13th-17th. We're going to Tuesday's game and Wednesday's game. I can't wait!!!!!!!!!

kobo
03-12-2007, 12:55 PM
My dad, brother and I will be in AZ from the 15th-20th. I'll be at the game on Friday agianst the Scrubs and then going to see different teams the other days. The best part is the high temps for those days are 94,94,90,90, and 85. Can't wait.