PDA

View Full Version : Twins having fun with Ozzie's nickname

CHIsoxNation
02-28-2007, 10:14 AM
Looks like the Twins are using Ozzie's "little piranhas" nickname as their slogan for the year.

The Twins this week released a television advertisement they’re calling — not surprisingly — “Little Piranhas” in which shortstop Jason Bartlett and third baseman Nick Punto star as the piranhas.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/whitesox.asp?id=285802

You can view the video on the Twins' website (http://www.twins.mlb.com/).

chisoxmike
02-28-2007, 10:19 AM
Thanks Ozzie.

:chunks

oeo
02-28-2007, 10:31 AM
Hate to break the news to ya Twins...but you already did this "Little Piranhas" dealie last year. Come up with something new, that your marketing comes up with, not your rival's manager.

EDIT: Actually, this thread is incorrect. Their slogan is still, "This is Twins Territory"...this was just a commercial.

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/min/fan_forum/commercials_2007.jsp
If you notice there's another commercial entitled, "Car Pool," which has nothing to do with piranhas.

ondafarm
02-28-2007, 10:34 AM
Big deal. If those are the guys they count on to help them win, then the Sox will easily blow them away.

oeo
02-28-2007, 10:38 AM
Big deal. If those are the guys they count on to help them win, then the Sox will easily blow them away.

Exactly. Without a very good pitching rotation, the Twins will not be very good.

CHIsoxNation
02-28-2007, 10:57 AM
Hate to break the news to ya Twins...but you already did this "Little Piranhas" dealie last year. Come up with something new, that your marketing comes up with, not your rival's manager.

EDIT: Actually, this thread is incorrect. Their slogan is still, "This is Twins Territory"...this was just a commercial.

http://minnesota.twins.mlb.com/min/fan_forum/commercials_2007.jsp
If you notice there's another commercial entitled, "Car Pool," which has nothing to do with piranhas.

I apologize for misleading...I should have been more specific.

soxtalker
02-28-2007, 11:05 AM

True. But the question with the Twins always seems to be what up-and-coming players do they have lurking in their minor leagues.

ewokpelts
02-28-2007, 11:29 AM
they seem awfully pre-occupied with what WE say or do...how bout focus on the fact that your team had made the playoffs 4 out of 5 years, and that you only advanced to the alcs ONCE in that span

I want Mags back
02-28-2007, 11:41 AM
they seem awfully pre-occupied with what WE say or do...how bout focus on the fact that your team had made the playoffs 4 out of 5 years, and that you only advanced to the alcs ONCE in that span
no one is obsessed with the Sox more than the twinkies

pmck003
02-28-2007, 12:01 PM
True. But the question with the Twins always seems to be what up-and-coming players do they have lurking in their minor leagues.

Hopefully Poson and Ortiz take care of that :D:.

IspepAloc
02-28-2007, 12:23 PM
One my company's clients is based in Minnesota and he sent me over a Piranhas t-shirt for fun after our season ended. Its pretty generic with a picture of the fish eating a baseball with CHI on it. Also pictured is Det and Bos, if I remember. Then underneat it, there's Ozzie's quote.

jackbrohamer
02-28-2007, 12:26 PM
Thank God Johan Santana is going to be playing on a different team next year (and at $20 million or more per).

ma-gaga
02-28-2007, 12:36 PM
Thank God Johan Santana is going to be playing on a different team next year (and at $20 million or more per).

Sorry man. They already have him signed for this year AND NEXT. He'll be a FA in 2009, but he'll likely be extended before that.

I logged out, and was reading this thread as a guest. Never again. Too many people on my "ignore list".

cleanwsox
02-28-2007, 12:40 PM
but he'll likely be extended before that.

Enjoy your one man team then.

ma-gaga
02-28-2007, 12:56 PM
Enjoy your one man team then.

Johan, Mauer, and a bunch of scrubs. I think that's the Twins 2009 motto.

:cool:

SoxSpeed22
02-28-2007, 01:10 PM
They did that last year, and of course, Cheeses H Rice had this response after they got swept on their asses.

Dibbs
02-28-2007, 01:14 PM
Johan, Mauer, and a bunch of scrubs. I think that's the Twins 2009 motto.

Oh and don't forget the American League MVP....might want to include that on the list.

ma-gaga
02-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Oh and don't forget the American League MVP....might want to include that on the list.

Well, according to a lot of people around here, they won't be able to afford him. So you know, the Twins will probably just waive the guy after next season when he asks for $10mm in arbitration.

But they did sign an arm to an extension today:

"Mauer, Santana, Crain, and a bunch of Scrubs."

That's the 09 motto. I'll update it if they sign anyone else to a long-term deal. But I doubt it'll happen. Santana will be making too much money.

itsnotrequired
02-28-2007, 07:01 PM
The Twins are only relevant as far as their performance against the Sox and the Sox opponents are concerned. Everything else is superfluous.

cwsfannick
02-28-2007, 08:25 PM
For Twin fans sake I hope thier management does decide to re-up with their star player, but it has not been the organization's track record. I would expect Hunter to be traded at some point this year.

soxwon
02-28-2007, 08:38 PM

the twinkies are garbage this year, no competition for us.

Hitmen77
02-28-2007, 10:39 PM
The Twins are only relevant as far as their performance against the Sox and the Sox opponents are concerned. Everything else is superfluous.

Too bad Ozzie had to hand them a rally-cry on a silver platter. Maybe he can come up with a nice phrase for the Tigers or Tribe this year.

Oh well, if we want to shut them up, the Sox will just have to go out and win the games.

itsnotrequired
02-28-2007, 10:53 PM
Too bad Ozzie had to hand them a rally-cry on a silver platter. Maybe he can come up with a nice phrase for the Tigers or Tribe this year.

Oh well, if we want to shut them up, the Sox will just have to go out and win the games.

I'm not too worried about it. Ozzie threw it out there and they jumped on it. More power to them. They beat out the Sox last year but fell on their faces in the postseason. At the end of the day, all they did was shorten their golf season by a week. Well, they did get a 2006 AL Central crown so that's something to hang their hats on.

esbrechtel
03-01-2007, 10:19 AM
I tried to watch the video but my computer locked up on the twins website...I guess even my computer is an avid Sox fan and refuses to have any part in that team at all...

ondafarm
03-01-2007, 10:46 AM
the twinkies are garbage this year, no competition for us.

Exactamundo.