PDA

View Full Version : Anyone planning on a Texas trip in August?

Scottiehaswheels
02-27-2007, 05:26 PM
I have some pretty good info about heading down there if ya'll might want it... Quite similar to the previous Cleveland info... :cool: PM me if interested...

Mingo
02-28-2007, 11:18 AM
Single game tickets go on sale for the Ranger games this Friday - March 2. I will be there for the Thursday night game.

ranger_bob
02-28-2007, 11:28 AM
For those taking in a game at Ameriquest, let me offer a few tips.

First, sit on the first base side. Those seats are in the shade while the sun can be brutal to those sitting down the third base line and especially the left field seats.

Secondly, you can bring outside food and drinks into the park (just no alcohol) provided it's in a soft cooler that meets the size requirements. It's gets damn hot there, especially in July and August. While the food in the ballpark is excellent, I'd recommend loading a cooler down with gatorade, water, or whatever you like. Staying hydrated there helps a lot.

Third the second level club seats with waiter service to your seat are the best seats in the house. The view is great, the seats and aisles are a little larger, and you don't have to get up for food or beverage. They are a little pricey, but worth the price.

Fourth, try one of the turkey legs! Yum, yum!

ondafarm
02-28-2007, 11:36 AM
Texas in August? Look for this under glutton for punishment. It's not hot, its really hot.

AZChiSoxFan
02-28-2007, 03:21 PM
Texas in August? Look for this under glutton for punishment. It's not hot, its really hot.

Totally agree with this post, as well as the one by Ranger Bob. In 2005 I went to the series between the Sox and Rangers in August in Arlington. I definitely made sure I had seats in the shade for the day game we attended.

TDog
02-28-2007, 03:40 PM
It's unfortunate that the Sox have to go to Texas in August.

ondafarm
02-28-2007, 05:33 PM

Punishment for missing the playoffs last year.

Mingo
03-03-2007, 06:44 AM
All three are night games and you can get great seats for Ranger games. I just wish it wasn't a Tuesday-Wednesday-Thursday series.

Frater Perdurabo
03-03-2007, 11:59 AM

It seems like its been that way for several years now. In fact, it seems like it's always at the end of August, usually during the first week of school. That's bad for me, given that I both work at a college and am in grad school.
:(:

TDog
03-03-2007, 02:02 PM
It seems like its been that way for several years now. In fact, it seems like it's always at the end of August, usually during the first week of school. That's bad for me, given that I both work at a college and am in grad school.
:(:

In 1977, the Sox had built up a lead of 5.5 games at the end of July and went down to begin August with four games in Texas. In blistering heat, hey lost three tough games, capped by a 12-inning 12-10 contest (this was 1977) before they beat Burt Blyleven, and the series took something out of them. By August 7, the Sox were only a half game ahead of the Twins and only three games ahead of third-place Texas. The Sox would finish in third place, 13 games behind the Royals. They never recovered from their August visit to Texas.

I hate August trips to Texas.

Frater Perdurabo
03-03-2007, 03:52 PM
In 1977, the Sox had built up a lead of 5.5 games at the end of July and went down to begin August with four games in Texas. In blistering heat, hey lost three tough games, capped by a 12-inning 12-10 contest (this was 1977) before they beat Burt Blyleven, and the series took something out of them. By August 7, the Sox were only a half game ahead of the Twins and only three games ahead of third-place Texas. The Sox would finish in third place, 13 games behind the Royals. They never recovered from their August visit to Texas.

I hate August trips to Texas.

The weather here is beautiful here in April and May. It would be great if the Sox opened the season here, or came here for their first road trip after opening at home.

Over By There
03-03-2007, 04:50 PM
I'm planning a trip for the Wednesday and Thursday games - closest the Sox will be to me this year.

Mingo
03-04-2007, 06:34 PM
I live in Texas anyway - its an inferno, but the Sox come here to play so it ain't hellish. I'm still trying to figure out why for the last two seasons the Astros make a trip to play the White Sox, but the White Sox don't come down to Houston.