PDA

View Full Version : Kenny with North this morning

kevin57
02-27-2007, 01:27 PM
Around 8:30 this morning, Kenny Williams was "interviewed" by Mike North of WSCR (if it is even accurate to say that North interviews anybody).

Actually what I enjoyed most of all was Kenny's continued candid style. You'll remember that in the midst of speculations about Crede and Mark B. he said he said more than he should have and that in the future he would be more guarded.

Well, I did not find that to be the case at all. He was confident and convincing as he explained the Garcia and McCarthy trades. He was not politically correct as he defended how much Ozzie gets paid as manager. Etc. The one area where he did withhold information was in speculating about desirable free agents for next year. He did admit that the Sox are already looking at some possibilities but he wouldn't spill the beans on individual names or ball clubs. I can live with this sort of discretion.

AuroraSoxFan
02-27-2007, 02:21 PM
I'd rather have him not mention names of prospects they are looking at. In this town those rumors would get blown far out of hand. Then the entire organization would get ridiculed if they failed to land whoever it is. Even in they failed to land him due to severe injuries or a major dropoff in play the entire club would still take a beating in the local press.

itsnotrequired
02-27-2007, 02:22 PM
I'd rather have him not mention names of prospects they are looking at. In this town those rumors would get blown far out of hand. Then the entire organization would get ridiculed if they failed to land whoever it is. Even in they failed to land him due to severe injuries or a major dropoff in play the entire club would still take a beating in the local press.

It would be idiotic for KW to announce what free agents he is after, especially a year in advance.

AuroraSoxFan
02-27-2007, 02:22 PM
On another note, why the hell would Kenny agree to even appear on that guy's show??

CashMan
02-27-2007, 02:27 PM
It would be idiotic for KW to announce what free agents he is after, especially a year in advance.

I have a feeling Kenny is looking at a leadoff hitter who wears #51.

soxtalker
02-27-2007, 02:32 PM

Also against the rules of MLB -- isn't this tampering?

mjmcend
02-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Actually what I enjoyed most of all was Kenny's continued candid style. You'll remember that in the midst of speculations about Crede and Mark B. he said he said more than he should have and that in the future he would be more guarded.

I will believe this when I see it.

Dan the Man
02-27-2007, 03:01 PM

Bernie Williams?

nysox35
02-27-2007, 03:06 PM
Bernie Williams?

:D:
Funny thing is that was the first thing that popped in my head too.

CashMan
02-27-2007, 03:11 PM
:D:
Funny thing is that was the first thing that popped in my head too.

LOL, this one play for a Seattle team.

BigBadBobbyJenks
02-27-2007, 03:22 PM
2 things:

1) i cant wait for this season to get going so we can get back to the playoffs and make some noise. but it does somewhat excite me that KW is acknowledging the strong free agent class that will be present after this season. he always said he wasnt going to overpay for mediocre talent. i can DEFININTELY see him dishing out money next yr for a star player because that player is actually worth the money.
2) even tho he is an amazing ballplayer and worth going after, not many people are aware that ichiro is 33 yrs old, and will be 34 after this season. i'd love to see him in a sox uni, but would KW dish out a long term contract to someone of his age? i find it hard to believe.

Flight #24
02-27-2007, 03:33 PM

and/or a SS currently playing out of position.........

itsnotrequired
02-27-2007, 03:41 PM
Also against the rules of MLB -- isn't this tampering?

I believe it would only be tampering if they actually discussed a deal with the player. Coming out in the media and saying "I'm going to make a run at Player X" without actually engaging in conversation with said player is not tampering, as I understand it. It would be stupid to say but not illegal.

Scottiehaswheels
02-27-2007, 04:03 PM
I have a feeling Kenny is looking at a leadoff hitter who wears #51.I've been kinda hoping this to be a possibility.. Signing him would I think possibly require also re-signing Tadahito... image that as a 1-2 combo at the top of the lineup...

sox1970
02-27-2007, 04:51 PM
I've been kinda hoping this to be a possibility.. Signing him would I think possibly require also re-signing Tadahito... imagine that as a 1-2 combo at the top of the lineup...

Sound the gong.....

LongLiveFisk
02-27-2007, 06:56 PM
On another note, why the hell would Kenny agree to even appear on that guy's show??

I guess he must have some listeners. :dunno: :tongue: