PDA

View Full Version : Article on Darin Erstad

caulfield12
02-25-2007, 02:42 PM
http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/whitesox.asp

Didn't realize he had a .353 lifetime BA at USCF.

It says something that he thought the Sox had a better chance to get to the playoffs that Oakland and the Marlins. We're starting to get a little respect in that regard, especially with the Konerko, Dye, Garland and Contreras contracts coming into the fold at less than market value.

Also interesting that he could make as much as $6 million in 08 if he gets 600 AB's this year. That doesn't bode well for BA.

balke
02-25-2007, 02:55 PM
Things are gonna get real competitive in the outfield this season. I think between Pods, Erstad, and BA its hit or sit. Anderson has to really come out in spring training and hit if he's gonna be an opening day starter I'm guessing. Its kinda nice having so much outfield depth. I just hope no Mack in CF this season.

caulfield12
02-25-2007, 03:44 PM
Things are gonna get real competitive in the outfield this season. I think between Pods, Erstad, and BA its hit or sit. Anderson has to really come out in spring training and hit if he's gonna be an opening day starter I'm guessing. Its kinda nice having so much outfield depth. I just hope no Mack in CF this season.

He will platoon in LF with Ozuna until Pods comes back.

WhiteSox5187
02-25-2007, 04:44 PM
He will platoon in LF with Ozuna until Pods comes back.
Yea, I think you MIGHT see him in left, but I think Erstad is going to get a lot of time in left until Pods gets back too. But Mackowiak ain't getting anywhere near CF this year.

ondafarm
02-25-2007, 05:01 PM
Also interesting that he could make as much as $6 million in 08 if he gets 600 AB's this year. That doesn't bode well for BA.

First off, I doubt anybody will get 600 ABs for the White Sox this year. Second, having a veteran gold glove outfielder, is probably the best thing for BA. Erstad plays the game that BA should be playing for the next decade.

Craig Grebeck
02-25-2007, 06:33 PM
I'm hoping or no more than 150 AB's, so if he gets 600 I'll need someone to put me out of my misery.