PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Survivor! (round 7)

HawkDJ
03-16-2002, 05:27 PM
In round 6, Paul Konerko was voted off.

There are 4 players left for round 7. As always vote for the one you want out.

Here is who is left:
:maggs :hurt :keith :burly

danman31
03-16-2002, 06:09 PM
Why is Foulke getting so much love?

czalgosz
03-16-2002, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by danman31
Why is Foulke getting so much love?

Take the current Sox bullpen, subtract Keith Foulke, and... yoinks!

danman31
03-16-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
Take the current Sox bullpen, subtract Keith Foulke, and... yoinks! That doesn't mean he has to be popular.

czalgosz
03-16-2002, 07:44 PM
That doesn't mean he has to be popular.

I don't know, I voted for Big Frank. He needs to win his way back into my good graces with a good season this year.

bc2k
03-16-2002, 07:55 PM
Keith Foulke and Magglio got in the middle of the fight against the Tigers. Mark Buerhle wasn't on the team yet but Frank Thomas was. Frank Thomas didn't help one of his teammates, didn't throw one punch and didn't take one either. For that, he gets my vote.

danman31
03-16-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
Keith Foulke and Magglio got in the middle of the fight against the Tigers. Mark Buerhle wasn't on the team yet but Frank Thomas was. Frank Thomas didn't help one of his teammates, didn't throw one punch and didn't take one either. For that, he gets my vote. Well without Frank we wouldn't have been as good that year. Sometimes it's smart to just stay out of harm's way so you don't get suspended like Foulke did.

bc2k
03-16-2002, 08:24 PM
Well without Frank we wouldn't have been as good that year. Sometimes it's smart to just stay out of harm's way so you don't get suspended like Foulke did. \

And sometimes you alienate yourself from your teammates.

Daver
03-16-2002, 08:25 PM
\

And sometimes you alienate yourself from your teammates.

When you are an unproven rookie,maybe,when you are one of the best hitters in the history of the game,no you don't.

KempersRS
03-16-2002, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

Take the current Sox bullpen, subtract Keith Foulke, and... yoinks!

Take the current Sox staff, subtract Mark Buehrle, and...Bigger yoinks!

Nellie_Fox
03-17-2002, 02:22 AM
This is getting painful, but I think Buerhle is the real deal, which most of you obviously don't. No question in anyone's mind about Mags. Big Frank has earned the right (do two MVP's ring any bells?) to retire in a Sox uni. Who's left?

Dadawg_77
03-17-2002, 10:29 AM
I voted for Foulke, but the reaction to Mark's St Louis comments could throw some votes his way.

foulkesfan11
03-17-2002, 07:20 PM
Again, Bye Bye Mark! I didn't vote for him because of his value. He's obviously one of our best starters. I just think the Sox screwed him & he will leave on his own.

bjmarte
03-18-2002, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
This is getting painful, but I think Buerhle is the real deal, which most of you obviously don't. No question in anyone's mind about Mags. Big Frank has earned the right (do two MVP's ring any bells?) to retire in a Sox uni. Who's left?

I think Buerhle may be the real deal. But he has yet to prove that he can be successful for more than one season, unlike the other three on the list.

Konerkofan
03-18-2002, 09:34 AM
can't believe Paul's gone!
Oh well, bye bye Mark (again)

bc2k
03-19-2002, 01:12 AM
Originally posted by daver

When you are an unproven rookie,maybe,when you are one of the best hitters in the history of the game,no you don't.

Daver, what does it matter how many deer your buddy bagged when he leaves you hangin in a bar fight. If my friend did that to me, well he wouldn't be my friend anymore.

RedPinStripes
03-19-2002, 04:16 AM

Daver, what does it matter how many deer your buddy bagged when he leaves you hangin in a bar fight. If my friend did that to me, well he wouldn't be my friend anymore.

The kid's got a point there.

RedPinStripes
03-19-2002, 04:16 AM
Bu Bye Keith.

oldcomiskey
03-19-2002, 04:05 PM

and just when did he do that