PDA

View Full Version : Chris Widger update

BainesHOF
02-24-2007, 10:38 PM
It looks like Widger's out of baseball. I checked the Orioles spring training roster and then the rest of baseball and he isn't listed anywhere.

I know Widger wasn't the greatest player, but it's amazing how quickly someone's fortune can turn. One moment he's collecting his ring as a member of the defending World Series champions and then 10 months later he apparently can't get a club to even take a look at him.

I hope a memorabilia dealer or show promoter bring him to the area for an autograph signing. I have some 2005 collectibles for him to sign, and I suspect many Sox fans are in the same boat. (Are you reading this George Johnson?)

BainesHOF
02-24-2007, 10:39 PM
By the way, while checking on Widger I saw that Willie Harris is a non-roster invitee in the Braves camp.

CLR01
02-24-2007, 10:44 PM
What does this have to do with the White Sox?

Brian26
02-24-2007, 10:56 PM
By the way, while checking on Widger I saw that Willie Harris is a non-roster invitee in the Braves camp.

This is completely coincidental, because I was thinking of doing some through-the-mail autographs during Spring Training and checked on his whereabouts last night. Widger seems to be out of baseball. Willie, as you said, is a non-roster invite to Braves camp. And Timo, likewise, is a non-roster invite to Tigers camp. I believe everybody, except Everett, is still in baseball.

DumpJerry
02-24-2007, 11:15 PM
I thought I read somewhere a couple of weeks ago someone other than the O's signed Widger to a minor league contract.

HomeFish
02-24-2007, 11:47 PM
One moment he's collecting his ring as a member of the defending World Series champions and then 10 months later he apparently can't get a club to even take a look at him.

And don't forget that the year before he won a World Series he was playing softball for a living.

RadioheadRocks
02-25-2007, 12:48 AM
A World Series ring and hitting a 3-run shot off Randy Johnson... not a bad moment in the sun!

Cheers to the Widge :cheers: , best wishes wherever the future takes you! (I for one would love to see him make some personal appearances at sports collector shows, etc.)

bafiarocks03
02-25-2007, 12:52 AM
That's kinda sad..
I loved Chris! <3

ANd yeah Willie Harris is gonna be ON the Braves.

Fo shoo:bandance:

QCIASOXFAN
02-25-2007, 12:54 AM
This is completely coincidental, because I was thinking of doing some through-the-mail autographs during Spring Training and checked on his whereabouts last night. Widger seems to be out of baseball. Willie, as you said, is a non-roster invite to Braves camp. And Timo, likewise, is a non-roster invite to Tigers camp. I believe everybody, except Everett, is still in baseball.
What happened to Everett?

thomas35forever
02-25-2007, 01:28 AM
Bafia, haven't seen you around here for awhile.

Anyway, too bad for Widger. If he finds a ballclub, I wonder how long he'll last there.

IndianWhiteSox
02-25-2007, 01:35 AM
What happened to Everett?

He sucked it up in Seattle and then got cut three months into the season.

DSpivack
02-25-2007, 03:13 AM

Did someone sign Dustin Hermanson?

IndianWhiteSox
02-25-2007, 03:19 AM
Did someone sign Dustin Hermanson?

I heard that Hermanson was being looked by the Reds.

hose
02-25-2007, 10:27 AM
I'm glad that "the Widge" got a ring with the Sox.

Plus I will always pull for the guy because of his family situation. Chris is a first class act.

tick53
02-25-2007, 12:24 PM
I'm glad that "the Widge" got a ring with the Sox.

Plus I will always pull for the guy because of his family situation. Chris is a first class act.

No doubt. Chris came to the Sox while he was playing softball, became a decent backup cather to AJ and wound up with a ring. I'm sure he had the time of his life. Good luck to wherever you go Widge!

DumpJerry
02-25-2007, 12:33 PM
That's kinda sad..
I loved Chris! <3

ANd yeah Willie Harris is gonna be ON the Braves.

Fo shoo:bandance:
Does this mean Emory U is now your top choice for college?

CPditka
02-26-2007, 09:43 AM
I miss the Widge.