PDA

View Full Version : White Sox in Oakland 04/09, 04/10, 04/11

SFCASoxFan
02-24-2007, 02:50 PM
I'm not sure if anybody has posted about this so I'm sorry if I repeated. Is there anybody out there that lives in the Bay Area that wants to go catch these games. The Sox come out here twice this year: this series in April and another series in August. I don't know many Sox fans so I was wondering if anybody would be interested in getting a small group to go to one or two or even all three of the games.

tony1972
02-24-2007, 03:52 PM
I'm not sure if anybody has posted about this so I'm sorry if I repeated. Is there anybody out there that lives in the Bay Area that wants to go catch these games. The Sox come out here twice this year: this series in April and another series in August. I don't know many Sox fans so I was wondering if anybody would be interested in getting a small group to go to one or two or even all three of the games.

I hate that they are going to Oakland so early....but better to get the 'nightmare' West Coast trip to Oakland done early..

Hopefully they can take 2 out of 3...

ondafarm
02-24-2007, 04:20 PM
The opening game is the A's home opener. I was thinking of hosting watching the Sox on my big screen.

oeo
02-24-2007, 05:45 PM
I hate that they are going to Oakland so early....but better to get the 'nightmare' West Coast trip to Oakland done early..

Hopefully they can take 2 out of 3...

I love it. Last year, they really ****ed up that series (when they could have won every one of those games), and that's what put them in the ****ter for good.

getonbckthr
02-24-2007, 06:08 PM
I love it. Last year, they really ****ed up that series (when they could have won every one of those games), and that's what put them in the ****ter for good.
Thats when JD played SS right?

oeo
02-24-2007, 06:13 PM
Thats when JD played SS right?

No, that was in 2005. I'm talking about 2006, when they were swept, and that pretty much put them out of the division race for good.

KempersRS
02-24-2007, 06:23 PM
Yeah I recently moved to Oakland and I'll be there for probably 2 of the games. Probably not the first one because it is the A's home opener so ticket prices will be inflated.

HomeFish
02-25-2007, 12:01 AM
Given how we play out there, why would any Sox fan voluntarily watch a Sox game at Oakland? Just roll around in a fire ant hill -- it'll be just as painful but absolutely free.

ondafarm
02-25-2007, 01:31 AM
Given how we play out there, why would any Sox fan voluntarily watch a Sox game at Oakland? Just roll around in a fire ant hill -- it'll be just as painful but absolutely free.

Sir, I see you as a glass is half broken and smashed sort of gentleman.

HomeFish
02-25-2007, 02:17 AM
I don't think this is just a "HomeFish is being pessimistic" thing. I don't think very many people would disagree with the fact that the White Sox play terribly in Oakland (and against Oakland in general) and that this has remained true despite all sorts of changes in who is on the team.

It's freaky, really.