PDA

View Full Version : Sox uniform change?

PaleHoseGeorge
03-16-2002, 03:06 PM
Maybe it's my imagination, but watching the game on WGN, it appears the Sox are wearing white pants with a much thinner and lighter pinstipe than previous years.

I know for fact the early-90's uniform had light pinstripes, too. They darkened them sometime around 1995.

It's a very subtle difference. Anybody else notice this?

pearso66
03-16-2002, 03:34 PM
maybe it looks a little different, but its also very sunny out, so it could just seem that way

danman31
03-16-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Maybe it's my imagination, but watching the game on WGN, it appears the Sox are wearing white pants with a much thinner and lighter pinstipe than previous years.

I know for fact the early-90's uniform had light pinstripes, too. They darkened them sometime around 1995.

It's a very subtle difference. Anybody else notice this? When I read the beginning of your post, I turned the game on. I looked for a difference and I found the lighter pants too. You are not alone.

CubKilla
03-17-2002, 02:14 AM
Maybe it's the black uniform jersey contrasting with the white/black pinstripe pants. But seeing a highlight film of the game on ESPN, I see what you are saying.

PaleHoseGeorge
03-17-2002, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by CubsF'nBlow
Maybe it's the black uniform jersey contrasting with the white/black pinstripe pants. But seeing a highlight film of the game on ESPN, I see what you are saying.

The desert sun can play tricks on the camera. If the Sox are wearing pinstripes again for today's game, I'll be watching closely again.

To my memory, the last year's pinstripes on the Sox uniforms were visible on TV even from the center field camera. I was watching Saturday's game and couldn't make out any pinstripes whatsoever from that camera angle. On close ups of the players, the pinstripes seem lighter and thinner than memory serves.

It's funny how this sort of nonsense can hold my attention during spring. :smile: