PDA

View Full Version : Sox to Have '70s Night, per Gallas

Viva Magglio
03-16-2002, 03:41 PM
Could we see either the red pinstripe uniforms or the collard ones from the late '70s?

PaleHoseGeorge
03-16-2002, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
Could we see either the red pinstripe uniforms or the collard ones from the late '70s?

2002 is the...

25th anniversary of the 1977 Southside Hitmen (90 wins, 3rd place), and

30th anniversary of the 1972 Dick Allen MVP Sox (87 wins, 2nd place).

Either would be a good choice.

:gulp:

czalgosz
03-16-2002, 04:17 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge

2002 is the...

25th anniversary of the 1977 Southside Hitmen (90 wins, 3rd place), and

30th anniversary of the 1972 Dick Allen MVP Sox (87 wins, 2nd place).

Either would be a good choice.

:gulp:

I would prefer the floppy collar uniforms, myself, for a couple reasons -

1) I have faint memories of the floppy-collar uniforms,

and

2) I always thought that the red pinstripes was just a cheap ploy to capitalize on the Big Red Machine's success from the same period.

CubKilla
03-16-2002, 05:19 PM
70's Night? How about re-creating Disco Demolition? Except this year, we can fling and destroy CD's by N'SYNC, Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees and the like.

RedPinStripes
03-16-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

I would prefer the floppy collar uniforms, myself, for a couple reasons -

1) I have faint memories of the floppy-collar uniforms,

and

2) I always thought that the red pinstripes was just a cheap ploy to capitalize on the Big Red Machine's success from the same period.

Easy now! :D:

RedPinStripes
03-16-2002, 05:32 PM
Originally posted by CubsF'nBlow
70's Night? How about re-creating Disco Demolition? Except this year, we can fling and destroy CD's by N'SYNC, Backstreet Boys, 98 Degrees and the like.

Hell yeah!!!!!!!! NO MORE BOY BANDS!!!!!!!! :cool:

czalgosz
03-16-2002, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Easy now! :D:

LOL! I was wondering when you'd pop in...

No, the red pinstripes actually come in fourth on my list of White Sox unis - behind the late '40s - late '60 pinstripes (which they never should have gotten rid of in the first place), the current ones (without names on the home unis, though, they ruin the look for me) and the ones from the teens.

The red pinstripes were certainly better than the cubby blue pinstripes they tried in 1970...

I just like the floppy collar for nostalgia purposes. Only in the 70s could you get away with a uniform that bad...

RedPinStripes
03-16-2002, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz

LOL! I was wondering when you'd pop in...

No, the red pinstripes actually come in fourth on my list of White Sox unis - behind the late '40s - late '60 pinstripes (which they never should have gotten rid of in the first place), the current ones (without names on the home unis, though, they ruin the look for me) and the ones from the teens.

The red pinstripes were certainly better than the cubby blue pinstripes they tried in 1970...

I just like the floppy collar for nostalgia purposes. Only in the 70s could you get away with a uniform that bad...

I like the redpinstripes a lot. They're my second, but my favorite is the 1917 uni's that they wear on Sundays at home. I took this name kind of out of sarcasm because who the hell would ever think the white sox would be the only american league team to ever wear redpinstripes? When i saw pictures of those uni's as a kid, I asked my dad why he had pictures of red sox players. lol I've had people call me a troll on the mlb boards because of my name as I talk as a sox fan. lol! (clueless bastards)

RedPinStripes
03-16-2002, 05:55 PM
Arg! those flubbie blue uni's were aweful!

PaleHoseGeorge
03-16-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I like the redpinstripes a lot. They're my second, but my favorite is the 1917 uni's that they wear on Sundays at home. I took this name kind of out of sarcasm because who the hell would ever think the white sox would be the only american league team to ever wear redpinstripes? When i saw pictures of those uni's as a kid, I asked my dad why he had pictures of red sox players. lol I've had people call me a troll on the mlb boards because of my name as I talk as a sox fan. lol! (clueless bastards)

The red uniforms wouldn't have been so bad if they had simply left off the pinstripes. That's what made the home uniforms look cheesy.

Personally, I think the road uniforms (powder blue with red trim), matched with the red Adidas shoes, were some of the coolest MLB threads of the early 70's. 1000-times cooler than those rubber-band pullover pajamas the Cubs were wearing.

hsc1
03-17-2002, 03:04 AM
anyone who saw royces hair today on wgn would know he has already started the 70's promotions... wonder if hes going to get the air time for that when they make the big push to sell it out......lol

OKCSoxFan
03-17-2002, 11:41 AM
Bring back the Shorts!!