PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Waiting Room Support Thread

Foulke You
02-23-2007, 11:17 AM
Another Cub single game ticket day and another lifetime spent watching a Tickets.com browser window endlessly refresh in a foolish attempt to get tickets. This has become a tradition for me the last couple years. I make an attempt to get Sox/Cubs tickets and end up wasting about an hour of my life for nothing.

Another yearly tradition of mine is ripping on tickets.com after I don't get tickets for the series...again. The "virtual waiting room" is the dumbest idea ever. In an effort to make things "fair" for everyone, I think it ends up wasting people's time more than anything because you can't leave your computer while this thing is refreshing every 30 seconds. This year, it doesn't even allow you to open multiple browser windows. (At least I haven't figured out how to get around it) Does tickets.com think we don't have lives to get back to? The minute you get up for 5 minutes, that's when the browser will probably let you in. As much as I hate Ticketmaster, they run a better website. I purchased tickets to 4 Sox games in about 5 minutes on their site.

ComiskeyBrewer
02-23-2007, 11:19 AM
I have 36 windows up right now. Hoping for Cubs/Sox(as i didn't get any at the cell), but if i have to settle for Brewers/Cubs, i will take that(7-1 the last two years at the Urinal).

Foulke You
02-23-2007, 11:21 AM
I have 36 windows up right now. Hoping for Cubs/Sox(as i didn't get any at the cell), but if i have to settle for Brewers/Cubs, i will take that(7-1 the last two years at the Urinal).
How do you get multiple windows open? I right clicked open a new window and it changes the existing waiting room window I had open. I have the new Internet Explorer...I wonder if this is the cause?

ComiskeyBrewer
02-23-2007, 11:23 AM
As i post that, i get 4 tickets to Cubs/Sox on the Sunday game. Sweet.

ComiskeyBrewer
02-23-2007, 11:23 AM
How do you get multiple windows open? I right clicked open a new window and it changes the existing waiting room window I had open. I have the new Internet Explorer...I wonder if this is the cause?

Ctrl + N while in the VWR.

SouthSide_HitMen
02-23-2007, 11:24 AM
I was able to purchase 6 bleacher seats for the White Sox game on Saturday. :cool:

Once again my wristband was not within 10,000 of the winning number.

For White Sox fans only : Hit Ctrl N in the Virtual waiting room to open multiple windows.

:gulp:

Foulke You
02-23-2007, 11:25 AM
Ctrl + N while in the VWR.
Thank you!

Well, I'm glad at least one Sox fan got tickets. I hope I'm as lucky.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-23-2007, 11:26 AM
I was able to purchase 6 bleacher seats for the White Sox game on Saturday. :cool:

For White Sox fans only : Hit Ctrl N in the Virtual waiting room to open multiple windows.

Ctrl N is not working this year, well for me it isn't. Which web browser did you use?

Foulke You
02-23-2007, 11:27 AM

Damn...I'm trying control + N and it isn't working.:(:

Foulke You
02-23-2007, 11:28 AM
Bizarre...now it popped up one extra window but it is not letting me open more. :?:

Foulke You
02-23-2007, 11:32 AM
Ok, I figured it out, for those people who are having no luck with Control+N...you have to wait until the browser is about to refresh. So when the countdown reaches 2 or 1, start tapping control N and you'll get 1 extra browser window.

ComiskeyBrewer
02-23-2007, 11:33 AM
Damn...I'm trying control + N and it isn't working.:(:

It didn't work for opera and firefox for me, so i had to use IE

WS in 05
02-23-2007, 11:35 AM
This is quite ridicoulous(sp) all I'm trying to get is a friday june game against the phillies for a buddys birthday and have been waiting a half hour with no luck
:angry:

Mr.1Dog
02-23-2007, 11:36 AM
My girlfriend, who is a Cubs fan:angry: , just got us tickets for the Friday Sox Cubs game.:bandance: Sec 205.

SouthSide_HitMen
02-23-2007, 11:37 AM
I opened them up before 9:30am. (I have I.E. 7 - Don't laugh you geeks :D: ). It appears they block the Ctlr-N once the rooms open at 9:30 am though hopefully it works when the clock runs to zero as Foulke You posted.

Since I know enough to turn on a PC and check for email and that is about it, I have no further tips. I found the CTRL-N in a google search this morning. :cool:

WhiteSoxFan84
02-23-2007, 11:37 AM
Ok, I figured it out, for those people who are having no luck with Control+N...you have to wait until the browser is about to refresh. So when the countdown reaches 2 or 1, start tapping control N and you'll get 1 extra browser window.

thats not working either.

ComiskeyBrewer
02-23-2007, 11:39 AM
I opened them up before 9:30am. (I have I.E. 7 - Don't laugh you geeks :D: ). It appears they block the Ctlr-N once the rooms open at 9:30 am though hopefully it works when the clock runs to zero as Foulke You posted.

Since I know enough to turn on a PC and check for email and that is about it, I have no further tips. I found the CTRL-N in a google search this morning. :cool:

You wanna hear geeky? I didn't have IE till this morning. At 9am i checked Opera and Firefox to see if the Ctrl N would work. It didn't so i had to DL IE 7.

Foulke You
02-23-2007, 11:39 AM
thats not working either.
I have the newest Internet Explorer...not sure if that is what you need to do that trick. I start tapping the button at the 2 sec mark.

ComiskeyBrewer
02-23-2007, 11:45 AM
My girlfriend, who is a Cubs fan:angry: , just got us tickets for the Friday Sox Cubs game.:bandance: Sec 205.

i'm in the same boat as you man. Girlfriend's a Cubs fan, her dad's a Cubs fan. Altho i have converted her Mother to a Brewers fan. The next step is to get her to go to a Sox game with me.:D:

spiffie
02-23-2007, 11:45 AM
The way to get the multiple windows easily in IE is select File, New, Window. I opened up 40 windows, got all 3 crosstown games, and 6 bleacher seats to Cubs vs. Cardinals which will be paying for those crosstown games after they go on stubhub.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-23-2007, 11:53 AM
Damn, why is it I always find out about the trick an hour later? lol, thanks FoulkeYou, now it's working. I have 20 open on my laptop and 8 on my desktop.

WizardsofOzzie
02-23-2007, 11:54 AM
i'm in the same boat as you man. Girlfriend's a Cubs fan, her dad's a Cubs fan. Altho i have converted her Mother to a Brewers fan. The next step is to get her to go to a Sox game with me.:D:
Likewise here. The gf's entire family are Cubs fans. Me and her grandpa had it out in a war of words last thanksgiving :redneck. I'm taking her to the crosstown at Comiskey for her birthday. I figured it was the first step in converting her

Mr.1Dog
02-23-2007, 11:57 AM

It's an easy sell. The food, the fire works, the winning team. Give it time. At my girlfriend's parents house they have an original seat from Wrigley abobe their fire place.:o: :?: So naturally it was a tough sell. Now her parents want to come to Sox games with us to see what the hype is all about. They will be sold after their first game.

bryPt
02-23-2007, 11:59 AM
one day, there will be a Sox virtual waiting room to get tickets.

of course, this will only happen when they win their 3 WS in a row, the tribune co and the rest of the media get off the cub bandwagon, and when lemmings stop going in millions to the sacred garden.

all this for a team that won 63 games last year?

WhiteSoxFan84
02-23-2007, 12:01 PM

of course, this will only happen when they win their 3 WS in a row, the tribune co and the rest of the media get off the cub bandwagon, and when lemmings stop going in millions to the sacred garden.

No dude, you got it all wrong. All this for a team that's GOING to win 93 games and the World Series! Rock on dude!

spiffie
02-23-2007, 12:05 PM

Meh, the Sox will have this VWR when they switch to tickets.com one day. As it is it looks like the sales are nowhere near what they were the last few years for the Cubs, as no games are sold out as of 11AM. Usually by now the highest demand games are beginning to reach that point.

The only reason the Sox don't have the same giant first day numbers as them is because of all our different presales that spread out the sales.

skottyj242

That has nothing to do with it. It's the fact that we use Ticketmolester and they use Tickets.com. I was in and had a chance to buy opening day tickets and didn't. Then I was in again and was able to navigate around the schedule but I couldn't get Sox tickets.

Foulke You
Woo hoo! I finally got thru! 2 upper deck seats for the Friday Crosstown game!

DumpJerry
02-23-2007, 12:06 PM
This is quite ridicoulous(sp) all I'm trying to get is a friday june game against the phillies for a buddys birthday and have been waiting a half hour with no luck
:angry:
Come on, admit it. You're going to see Rowand......:wink:

At least we can say this much about the Cubs: they sell the Crosstown Classic to the general public and don't limit it to season ticket holders and group sales. Those of you who don't get lucky today will be able to get tickets later, it'll just cost a little more $$$.

skottyj242
02-23-2007, 12:10 PM

At least we can say this much about the Cubs: they sell the Crosstown Classic to the general public and don't limit it to season ticket holders and group sales. Those of you who don't get lucky today will be able to get tickets later, it'll just cost a little more $$$.

Last year I was able to buy a single for the Sunday debacle on their website for face that was right behind the Cubs bullpen the Wednesday before the game.

crazyozzie02
02-23-2007, 12:12 PM
will the heading change on the window on the tool bar? (meaning it wont say waiting room anymore?)

WhiteSoxFan84
02-23-2007, 12:13 PM
will the heading change on the window on the tool bar? (meaning it wont say waiting room anymore?)

yeh, it should change to Chicago Cubs Ticket Schedule or something that starts with Chicago Cubs, you'll notice it.

spiffie
02-23-2007, 12:14 PM
Yes. It will say "Chicago Cubs Ticketing"

crazyozzie02
02-23-2007, 12:14 PM
thank you. now wish me luck and i do the same for everyone else. im trying for sunday cubs/sox

WhiteSoxFan84
02-23-2007, 12:16 PM
At this time, Friday would be the best available. Saturday sells out first, then Sunday, followed by their Opening Day, and then the Friday Cubs/Sox game sells out.

Good luck man.

If anyone has Sox home openers and wants to trade them for the Sunday Cubs/Sox game; http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=84541

crazyozzie02
02-23-2007, 12:19 PM
saturdays cubs/sox is now sold out

dcb56
02-23-2007, 12:20 PM
I'm helping a Cubs fan friend get tickets for games in exchange for one of the Sox/Cubs tix he was able to get earlier today. So far I've gotten four vs. the Mets and four vs. the Cardinals in August.

skottyj242
02-23-2007, 12:24 PM
About an hour ago I had a chance to get opening day tix but they were all the way in the right field corner and that was best available so I would have imagined that that would sell out first but I was wrong.

crazyozzie02
02-23-2007, 12:25 PM
quesion #2- will it bring up a new scheduel once your in the new room?

DumpJerry
02-23-2007, 12:30 PM
That has nothing to do with it. It's the fact that we use Ticketmolester and they use Tickets.com. I was in and had a chance to buy opening day tickets and didn't. Then I was in again and was able to navigate around the schedule but I couldn't get Sox tickets.

About an hour ago I had a chance to get opening day tix but they were all the way in the right field corner and that was best available so I would have imagined that that would sell out first but I was wrong.
:cleo
How many hints do you need?

I'm not surprised that their OD is not sold out. It will be too cold to take your shirt off, so why bother going?

I want Mags back
02-23-2007, 12:36 PM
:angry: **** FLUB TICKS WENT ON SALE TODAY. I COMPLETELY FORGOT:angry:

SouthSide_HitMen
02-23-2007, 12:39 PM

For the White Sox, Opening Day, Cardinals and other Saturday games yes. For regular games (weekday, weeknight in April / September) you should be able to get tickets no problem (without the service charges) tomorrow or Sunday at the latest.

They cease honoring wristbands either after Friday or at some point on Saturday (I've seen them do it both ways throughout the years). The ticket limits are still in effect (6 tickets each for seven maximum games - up to 42 tickets total) over the entire weekend.

The demand goes White Sox / Opening Day, then Cardinals, then Saturday games followed by Sunday and Summer night games. I also think scalpers, which have bought hundreds of thousands of seats in the past, are scaling back this year after eating tons of tickets last season. They will focus on the Saturday games and Sox / Cardinals but for regular games, I would wager you will have a much better selection this season than in years past.

Whatever you do, do not hit the back button if you are not happy with the seats. I did it on accident and was unable to use that window to select another game (kept getting an error message).

EDIT - **** - I should have continued to hit continue (stopped after a couple of minutes). I may have gotten Sunday White Sox vs. Cubs tickets as well.

I was able to score tickets for my New York Mets as well!!!

The seat prices are crazy - nearly all seats for "Prime" games are $40 - $50 dollars with the exception of Upper Deck reserve which I purchased for the Mets game. The best non Upper Deck Reserve seats at that point were Terrace Reserve way in the corner or Upper Deck Box near the foul pole. I'll take the UD Reserve behind home and pray a pole will not be blocking my view. :redneck

crazyozzie02
02-23-2007, 12:41 PM
im in, but it says that due to high demand it cant process at this time. yet its not sold out. damn cubs

dcb56
02-23-2007, 12:44 PM
im in, but it says that due to high demand it cant process at this time. yet its not sold out. damn cubs

Just keep clicking continue, it will eventually go through.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-23-2007, 12:44 PM

When you get that message keep clicking CONTINUE until it either tells you to change teh quantity of tickets requested or it'll give you tickets.

crazyozzie02
02-23-2007, 12:46 PM
got them. Friday Cubs vs. Sox

Sec-438
Row 12
Seats-7 and 8

I have no money now, but ill make by

SouthSide_HitMen
02-23-2007, 12:55 PM
Attn Sox Fans:

The entire White Sox vs. Cubs series at Wrigley is sold out (as well as Opening Day and the Saturday Cardinals game in August).

http://img521.imageshack.us/img521/867/larrysanderscastan6.jpg

"You may now flip."

bryPt
02-23-2007, 01:03 PM
a buddy just said only 5 games have sold out so far, 3 versus the Sox. didn't they sell out the entire season last year in like 2 hours? If this is true, I am getting proud of the lemmings. Maybe they are starting to group up their working brain cells together and actually use them.

gosox3072
02-23-2007, 01:29 PM
Well that blows, i just wasted 2 hours of my life with no luck there. So now thats 4 years in a row ive been un successful in my attempt to buy sox cubs tickets on tickets.com. Ticketmaster is much more efficient, amazing that i can get thru 2 out of 2 times when limited playoff tickets were on sale, but i cant get thru on tickets.com when the entire stadium is on sale

Fenway
02-23-2007, 01:32 PM
tickets.com makes ticketmaster look good.

Red Sox fans have a zillion stories over VWR hell. One thing the Boston boards figured out. For some insane reason IE6 seems to get selected the most out of the VWR, Firefox not as much and Safari almost never.

The more multiple windows you have open the better your chances.

spiffie
02-23-2007, 01:41 PM
Well that blows, i just wasted 2 hours of my life with no luck there. So now thats 4 years in a row ive been un successful in my attempt to buy sox cubs tickets on tickets.com. Ticketmaster is much more efficient, amazing that i can get thru 2 out of 2 times when limited playoff tickets were on sale, but i cant get thru on tickets.com when the entire stadium is on sale
I'm the exact opposite. I can't get jack on TM, but I have never failed to get everything I want with tickets.com and the VWR.

mrfourni
02-23-2007, 02:27 PM
I finally got through.

Going to the Cubs Cardinals Monday August 20 @ 1:20
Going to WSI fest Monday August 20 @ 7:11

And then i'm going to run out on the field and attack an ump

salty99
02-23-2007, 03:15 PM
I finally got through.

Double-dip...nice!

ChiSoxGirl
02-23-2007, 04:04 PM
I finally got through.

Nice!:roflmao: But don't you mean first base coach? :wink:

mrfourni
02-23-2007, 04:38 PM
Nice!:roflmao: But don't you mean first base coach? :wink:

The guys from alsip attacked the first base coach. The guy who went to wrigley before the sox game attacked the umpire, I think.

jenn2080
02-23-2007, 04:47 PM
I was in the VWR for over an hour and got nothing. I had about 8 windows open and I finally shut down and left my house. Last year I got tickets 3 days before through Cubs website.

MincHiaPettito
02-23-2007, 04:51 PM
Stop giving them money! :p

jenn2080
02-23-2007, 04:53 PM
Stop giving them money! :p

IT is better then giving them money through their scalping system.

bryPt
02-23-2007, 05:54 PM
IT is better then giving them money through their scalping system.

No, just don't walk into the sacred garden. I wouldn't give the cubune one single penny. I would rather drive up to milwaukee to see NL teams, and if the sox are playing at the urinal, I will watch them on TV.

SouthSide_HitMen
02-23-2007, 06:12 PM
a buddy just said only 5 games have sold out so far, 3 versus the Sox. didn't they sell out the entire season last year in like 2 hours? If this is true, I am getting proud of the lemmings. Maybe they are starting to group up their working brain cells together and actually use them.

This is not true. Most Saturday games, Cardinal games, all White Sox games and Opening Day sold out on the first / second day last year (and in prior years). You can probably add a few more games but nothing near the full season was sold out.

Also, the team releases tickets (the day before in most cases) that they reserved for players, the club, vendors, etc. and then subsequently cancelled before the game. I bought tickets five rows behind home plate (Club Boxes - better than Field Boxes) to the Sunday White Sox game (Buehrle got hammered that game :whiner: ).

tickets.com makes ticketmaster look good.

Red Sox fans have a zillion stories over VWR hell. One thing the Boston boards figured out. For some insane reason IE6 seems to get selected the most out of the VWR, Firefox not as much and Safari almost never.

The more multiple windows you have open the better your chances.

I'm the exact opposite. I can't get jack on TM, but I have never failed to get everything I want with tickets.com and the VWR.

I'm with Spiffie. I usually have much better luck via Tickets.com vs. Ticketmaster.

The White Sox did not release tickets for the Cubs series this year (or if they did only a handful to "Premium" Season Ticket holders) so people should not use this as a basis for comparison. Rather, people should compare the websites / number of different customers served and time it takes for the order. I think Tickets.com wins the first two categories and Ticketmaster the third (which may not be a good thing for you).

The VWR (Tickets.com) takes more time but the tickets are allocated more fairly / to more people via this method. The Cubs limits people to 6 games / 6 tickets per also helped combat the scalpers. You are also required to show ID and are subject to limits in person as well which prevents scalpers from plopping dozens of homeless in lines for $5 - $10 bucks and buying up thousands of tickets (I have seen this personally at Wrigley as well as Ticketmaster outlets).

Scalpers literally pay off hundreds of Ticketmaster agents across America to print out tickets to any / every event they need tickets for. The general public gets scraps / the leftovers (if anything) unless they are lucky enough to get through online or a monitored phone bank (even phone people purchase the tickets before taking calls when they are able) before the tickets are gone. Ticketmaster has a much larger server build up / many more locations and agents which makes the sale go faster (i.e. the tickets are snatched up faster) but that doesn't mean you are any more likely to get the tickets (and in most cases I would contend less likely).

I have personally known Ticketmaster employees who did this. I also had contacts in the Cubs Box Office until they purged nearly everyone over a decade ago for scalping tickets.

The Critic
02-23-2007, 07:18 PM
I'm taking my wife and daughter to Wrigley in late July (wife's a Cub fan, don'tchaknow), so I opened 5 browser windows and sat for over 90 minutes waiting for one of them to hit.
Nothing.
Finally got fed up and called the 800 number. 5 minutes of hitting redial and voila!
Hooray for technology!!!!!
:mad:

ewokpelts
02-24-2007, 01:00 AM
Another Cub single game ticket day and another lifetime spent watching a Tickets.com browser window endlessly refresh in a foolish attempt to get tickets. This has become a tradition for me the last couple years. I make an attempt to get Sox/Cubs tickets and end up wasting about an hour of my life for nothing.

Another yearly tradition of mine is ripping on tickets.com after I don't get tickets for the series...again. The "virtual waiting room" is the dumbest idea ever. In an effort to make things "fair" for everyone, I think it ends up wasting people's time more than anything because you can't leave your computer while this thing is refreshing every 30 seconds. This year, it doesn't even allow you to open multiple browser windows. (At least I haven't figured out how to get around it) Does tickets.com think we don't have lives to get back to? The minute you get up for 5 minutes, that's when the browser will probably let you in. As much as I hate Ticketmaster, they run a better website. I purchased tickets to 4 Sox games in about 5 minutes on their site.i had it on virtual waiting room and went off to watch battelstar galactica, and just check on it every 10 minutes.....much less stressful

ewokpelts
02-24-2007, 03:40 AM
It's not even worth worrying about, considering that most cub fans bought to scalp. there's ticket all over craigslist and stubhub, and aside from the sox and cards series, almost all of them will go down in price as fans realize that this is yet another sinking ship, albeit a very expensive one.

Gene

p.s. and tickets ALWAYS open up, since thier scapler appears to not sell many tickets.

Bruizer
02-24-2007, 10:19 AM
I couldn't get through during the work day but there was no problem in the evening at home. Got the games I wanted for my girls, who are Cubs and Mets fans (They all love David Wright :rolleyes: ). Being from Seattle, I picked up a Mariners game, too. The Mariners don't play in Wrigley very often.

Bru :cool:

mshake10
02-24-2007, 11:14 AM
It's not even worth worrying about, considering that most cub fans bought to scalp. there's ticket all over craigslist and stubhub, and aside from the sox and cards series, almost all of them will go down in price as fans realize that this is yet another sinking ship, albeit a very expensive one.

Gene

p.s. and tickets ALWAYS open up, since thier scapler appears to not sell many tickets.
In other news, there's plently of White Sox tickets available at Stubhub (http://www.stubhub.com/chicago-white-sox-tickets/). :D:

oeo
02-24-2007, 11:48 PM
In other news, there's plently of White Sox tickets available at Stubhub (http://www.stubhub.com/chicago-white-sox-tickets/). :D:

And mshake10 continues to troll. :rolleyes:

I thought Flub fans don't care about the Sox?

ewokpelts
02-25-2007, 03:23 AM
In other news, there's plently of White Sox tickets available at Stubhub (http://www.stubhub.com/chicago-white-sox-tickets/). :D:if you use the fan codes, you can get some good seats, that actually have a "good view" ...unlike the urinal you call a shrine

MincHiaPettito
02-25-2007, 04:21 AM
if you use the fan codes, you can get some good seats, that actually have a "good view" ...unlike the urinal you call a shrine

And if you somehow do get one, theyll put a wall up and sue you

WizardsofOzzie
02-25-2007, 05:07 PM
Ahemmmm :rolleyes:
Wrigley Field Premium Ticket Services (http://www.wrigleyfieldpremium.com/about_us.html)

Wrigley Field Premium Ticket Services, Inc. is a licensed Illinois ticket broker that purchases tickets from the Chicago Cubs for resale. Both Premium and the Cubs are owned by Tribune Company.

Mshake10, just by opening your mouth on a daily basis, you continue to prove that 90% of your fanbase including you are truly stupid beyond belief

soxwon
02-25-2007, 05:57 PM
2-1/2 Hours Waiting Got Me Nothing.

Scottiehaswheels
02-25-2007, 06:10 PM
took me 6 hours but I got 6 bleachers each for a Saturday Cardinals game, memorial day, father's day, a giants game, a mets game, a houston game and labor day game... figure I'll pop em on ebay and make 1500 or so... :cool: