PDA

View Full Version : when did USCF put flag on back of scoreboard?

Fenway
02-22-2007, 06:37 PM
I noticed something today I had not seen before, that being a giant painting of the US Flag on the back of the USCF scoreboard. When did they do that?

I "usually" approach The Cell from the north and only saw it today at the end of my train trip from hell

Boston to Chicago via West Virginia?

Whitesox029
02-22-2007, 06:39 PM
I noticed something today I had not seen before, that being a giant painting of the US Flag on the back of the USCF scoreboard. When did they do that?

I "usually" approach The Cell from the north and only saw it today at the end of my train trip from hell

Boston to Chicago via West Virginia?
Off the top of my head...I want to say since 9/11. But that might be very wrong. I always approach from about WNW and never take the Dan Ryan.

roylestillman
02-22-2007, 09:33 PM
Off the top of my head...I want to say since 9/11. But that might be very wrong. I always approach from about WNW and never take the Dan Ryan.

Yep, but originally it was on the back of the panel that they put the 2005 champion panel. They then moved the flag to the back of the scoreboard.

WhiteSox5187
02-22-2007, 10:46 PM
Since 9-11 about I think...

Soxfanspcu11
02-22-2007, 10:50 PM
I don't even notice anymore.

Meaning, it has been there for a few years now.

More than likely, it was right after, or a few months after 9/11.

I'm pretty sure though that some WSI'er knows the EXACT date and time, and probably has pictures of them putting it up as well.

No teal needed. WSI'ers are freakin INSANE!!!! In a GREAT way though!:cool:

Martinigirl
02-22-2007, 11:23 PM
If I recall correctly, it was after 9/11, and it was originally a large fabric flag. That was then replaced by the flag that was permantly painted on to the building.

Soxfanspcu11
02-23-2007, 12:57 AM
If I recall correctly, it was after 9/11, and it was originally a large fabric flag. That was then replaced by the flag that was permantly painted on to the building.

I don't know if making it a "permanent" was such a good idea.

I mean, what happens after Canada invades us?? Someone is going to have to go out there and paint over the flag with a hockey puck or Labet Blue bottle.

Just kidding by the way to all the Canadians on this board, and I know that there are a few, and I know that one is a mod, so please don't hate me, it was just a joke. I'm sorry by the way that I can't remember the mod from Canada. I want to say "West", but that's not right.:?:

bridgeportcopper
02-23-2007, 04:13 PM
Off this topic, but closely related....I don't know if it's still there, but most of the offseason at least there has been a pink flag flying just to the left field side of the scoreboard. Anyone know what that is?

RealMenWearBlack
02-23-2007, 04:31 PM
Off this topic, but closely related....I don't know if it's still there, but most of the offseason at least there has been a pink flag flying just to the left field side of the scoreboard. Anyone know what that is?

Probably breast cancer support, I remember some players using pink bats for a few games last season for breast cancer support.