PDA

View Full Version : Todd Walker wins arbitration case...

itsnotrequired
02-22-2007, 08:11 AM
...and thus concludes the arbitration hearings for this season. Seven cases went to arbitration with the owners winning four and the players winning three.

The Dude
02-22-2007, 08:27 AM
...and thus concludes the arbitration hearings for this season. Seven cases went to arbitration with the owners winning four and the players winning three.

phhhew...I'm glad that's over! I was worried about ol' Todd there for a second. Good for him.

itsnotrequired
02-22-2007, 08:36 AM
phhhew...I'm glad that's over! I was worried about ol' Todd there for a second. Good for him.

I could give two hoots about Walker but it was the last case to be decided. Up until Cabrera won his case against the Marlins, the owners were 4-0. The Devil Rays won their case against Josh Paul, the Dodgers won over Joe Beimel, the Nationals won over John Patterson (who asked for more than double what the club was offering) and the Marlins won over Kevin Gregg. Then Cabrera, Cordero and Walker won.

56 players exchanged figures with their respective clubs but only 7 of them ended up not being able to reach an agreement before it went to the arbitrators.