PDA

View Full Version : Dmitri Young update

caulfield12
02-22-2007, 02:47 AM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/story/10010336

IndianWhiteSox
02-22-2007, 07:28 AM
That's good that he has found a chance to resurface in Washington and that's even more impressive if he does it despite having diabetes.

Murphy10
02-22-2007, 07:29 AM
I've always liked Nationals, I dunno why, but I really hope, although I don't like Dimitri to much, that he can help this ball club. They are really going to need it this year. Unfortunately to say we are probably going to see them at the bottom of NL east again. But when I become the owner of the nationals in 25 years, I will lead them to the World Series!!!

If not the Nationals I can just settle with the sox I guess..:redneck

DarkHorse35
02-22-2007, 07:34 AM
Just keep him away from sausage.

IndianWhiteSox
02-22-2007, 08:04 AM
Just keep him away from sausage.

That would be Randall Simon

maurice
02-22-2007, 12:04 PM
The Young brothers are a couple of idiots. They should thank their lucky stars that their talent keeps getting them second and third chances.

Oblong
02-22-2007, 08:57 PM
Sorry but Dmitri's an idiot and a jerk. In 2005 he got just enough at bats to let an option for 2006 kick in. Then when called upon to pinch hit, he was hurt all of a sudden.

Check out this nugget (http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070219&content_id=1808224&vkey=spt2007news&fext=.jsp&c_id=was) and you'll know all you need.

The story goes that in 2001, Bowden and Young met at a restaurant in Cincinnati. Young parked his truck in a handicapped space. After the two finished eating, Bowden and Young noticed that Young's truck was towed because it was parked illegally. Bowden drove Young to the impound lot to retrieve the vehicle.

Professional athlete parked in a handicapped space. Pure class.

There's a reason he's not had a major league invitation.

IndianWhiteSox
02-22-2007, 09:15 PM
Wait in the article, Jim Bowden the same guy who got arrested for a DUI is telling Dmitri Young there's a no tolerance policy?
:?:

DumpJerry
02-22-2007, 10:52 PM
I'm still convinced that Freddy got close to two no-no's last year because he plunked Delmon in his first MLB at-bat. Freddy got all the close calls from umps after that.

drewcifer
02-22-2007, 11:12 PM
Wait in the article, Jim Bowden the same guy who got arrested for a DUI is telling Dmitri Young there's a no tolerance policy?

Yes.

His charges were dropped. It was a horse**** collar.

Dmitri is a ****up. Jim Bowden is a major league GM (though, not a good one, IMO).

Scottiehaswheels
02-22-2007, 11:15 PM
Sorry but Dmitri's an idiot and a jerk. In 2005 he got just enough at bats to let an option for 2006 kick in. Then when called upon to pinch hit, he was hurt all of a sudden.

Check out this nugget (http://washington.nationals.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070219&content_id=1808224&vkey=spt2007news&fext=.jsp&c_id=was) and you'll know all you need.

Professional athlete parked in a handicapped space. Pure class.

There's a reason he's not had a major league invitation.
Well maybe its just me, but I have to believe he's mentally handicapped.. Doesn't that count? :smile:

Palehose Pete
02-22-2007, 11:45 PM
From what I've SEEN, Dmitri Young seems like a nice guy. During a marathon rain-delay game about three years ago against the Tigers (4 hr. rain delay, game didn't end until about 12:30 a.m., maybe 2,000 fans at Comiskey when it all ended, Sox made a valiant late-game rally for naught), a foul ball was hit near Dmitri while he was in the on-deck circle. Instead of tossing it to the ump or the batboy, he walked to the seats right next to the dugout and gave the ball to a little kid. Maybe the guy has had some off-field problems, but he seemed to have a good heart and some class, generally, if you can extrapolate that from this moment that I witnessed, not just read about. I wish him the best of luck.

FedEx227
02-24-2007, 09:00 AM
From what I've SEEN, Dmitri Young seems like a nice guy. During a marathon rain-delay game about three years ago against the Tigers (4 hr. rain delay, game didn't end until about 12:30 a.m., maybe 2,000 fans at Comiskey when it all ended, Sox made a valiant late-game rally for naught), a foul ball was hit near Dmitri while he was in the on-deck circle. Instead of tossing it to the ump or the batboy, he walked to the seats right next to the dugout and gave the ball to a little kid. Maybe the guy has had some off-field problems, but he seemed to have a good heart and some class, generally, if you can extrapolate that from this moment that I witnessed, not just read about. I wish him the best of luck.

Was that not the worst game ever? My friend and I stayed through most of the rain delay but after Colon got absolutely wrecked, I believe Young hit a grand slam, we left, missed the train and had to get picked up at about 1:30am. Thankfully, the Sox gave up free tickets to anyone who attended that game.

VivaOzzie
02-24-2007, 11:44 AM

We're not all perfect. Just because Bowden screwed up once doesn't mean that he shouldn't do the right thing concerning Dmitri Young. I don't think there's any question that a zero tolerance policy is appropriate.

IndianWhiteSox
02-24-2007, 11:54 AM
We're not all perfect. Just because Bowden screwed up once doesn't mean that he shouldn't do the right thing concerning Dmitri Young. I don't think there's any question that a zero tolerance policy is appropriate.

I know that, it just seems hypocritical that a guy like Bowden who himself has a messed up lifestyle, telling someone like Young what to do. Maybe, its just the way I think?

VivaOzzie
02-24-2007, 12:03 PM
I know that, it just seems hypocritical that a guy like Bowden who himself has a messed up lifestyle, telling someone like Young what to do. Maybe, its just the way I think?

It's not hypocritical so long as Bowden is getting his **** together as well.

IndianWhiteSox
02-24-2007, 12:04 PM
It's not hypocritical so long as Bowden is getting his **** together as well.

I guess you're right.