PDA

View Full Version : Good news on Crede's back

ChiSoxGirl
02-20-2007, 11:17 PM
Per whitesox.com... Good news on Crede's back! (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070220&content_id=1809471&vkey=spt2007news&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

The changes [in his conditioning program] seem to have agreed with Crede, although the program still needs to survive under the test of Cactus League and regular season action. But Crede sees no reason to hold back with on-field activity and has no regrets in regard to choosing the therapy over the surgery.

This sounds promising! Here's hoping our beloved 3rd baseman has another dominating season! :bandance:

AJ Hellraiser
02-20-2007, 11:22 PM
I hope this is true... I know it seems like a longshot right now, but if he can stay healthy and the back problems go away I think KW may need to sign Crede long-term to save face here...

I mean, I'll always give KW the benefit of the doubt...However, Joe is still young enough and has gained such a following that he can become the face of this franchise for a long time...

Diehard and long time Sox fans waited a few years for him to develop after hearing such great things for a few years, now he has reached stardom and we deserve to see him peak and go through his prime...

ondafarm
02-20-2007, 11:27 PM
Well, I think this is great news. If nothing else, we should be able to count on a solid third baseman for this entire season.

caulfield12
02-20-2007, 11:29 PM
I hope this is true... I know it seems like a longshot right now, but if he can stay healthy and the back problems go away I think KW may need to sign Crede long-term to save face here...

I mean, I'll always give KW the benefit of the doubt...However, Joe is still young enough and has gained such a following that he can become the face of this franchise for a long time...

Diehard and long time Sox fans waited a few years for him to develop after hearing such great things for a few years, now he has reached stardom and we deserve to see him peak and go through his prime...

Save face? That's why they drafted Fields, to provide insurance for something like this. The only reason they would need to save "face" is if KW left the team in a position where they were forced to give Crede whatever he wanted because there were no other viable alternatives.

Now whether or not he becomes the next Snopek/Borchard or closer the Crede/Ventura standard, time will tell. But KW is never going to give someone a long-term extension to save face. He's much more likely to want to prove detractors wrong, that he can win WITHOUT Crede.

balke
02-20-2007, 11:34 PM

I bet he wishes he would've signed him long term before last season, but Joe never broke out. I want to see him locked down. I don't know if he still has Boras or what, but hopefully not.

tony1972
02-20-2007, 11:42 PM
Per whitesox.com... Good news on Crede's back! (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070220&content_id=1809471&vkey=spt2007news&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws)

This sounds promising! Here's hoping our beloved 3rd baseman has another dominating season! :bandance:

I hope no one steps on any cracks...

Oh wait..that's your mother's back..never mind..

DumpJerry
02-20-2007, 11:43 PM
During Soxfest, I heard an interview with Joe where he explained that the docs felt surgury was not needed because of the low level of discomfort. He wnet on to explain that the physical therapy he's doing directly adresses the problem and that the back feels like it is injury free.

WhiteSox5187
02-21-2007, 01:15 AM
I bet he wishes he would've signed him long term before last season, but Joe never broke out. I want to see him locked down. I don't know if he still has Boras or what, but hopefully not.
I'm pretty sure that he still has Boras but I've heard him say he'd get another agent...

esbrechtel
02-21-2007, 01:18 AM
Thats great news! I really hope he has a decent season and gives us the hometown discount...:praying: then we trade fields for a good SS....

AJ Hellraiser
02-21-2007, 01:44 AM
Save face? That's why they drafted Fields, to provide insurance for something like this. The only reason they would need to save "face" is if KW left the team in a position where they were forced to give Crede whatever he wanted because there were no other viable alternatives.

Now whether or not he becomes the next Snopek/Borchard or closer the Crede/Ventura standard, time will tell. But KW is never going to give someone a long-term extension to save face. He's much more likely to want to prove detractors wrong, that he can win WITHOUT Crede.

I only meant Save face should MB, Dye and Iguchi all walk in the offseason... if the Chicago media and fans are ripping into KW just for talking about the possibility of this happening, imagine what will be going on if it actually happens... then imagine the backlash if he lets Joe walk as well...

BainesHOF
02-21-2007, 02:19 AM
Let's not overreact to a report of a good back in the first week of spring training.

I highly suspect that Joe's back trouble is why he hit so poorly in the last month of last season.

esbrechtel
02-21-2007, 10:04 AM
every paper this morning is reporting this story as well...

maurice
02-21-2007, 10:32 AM
Of course it feels good now. Let's see how it feels after 100+ days of twisting it every time he swings the bat or throws to 1B. You never know with a chronic back problem.

The Erstad signing could mean much more Mackowiak at 3B to rest Crede.

caulfield12
02-21-2007, 10:47 AM
Of course it feels good now. Let's see how it feels after 100+ days of twisting it every time he swings the bat or throws to 1B. You never know with a chronic back problem.

The Erstad signing could mean much more Mackowiak at 3B to rest Crede.

Or more Ozuna...if we don't have Pods' speed in the line-up in LF.

INSox56
02-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Good for joe...hopefully good for us too