PDA

View Full Version : Flubsessed Comeback lines

thomas35forever
02-20-2007, 06:44 PM
What would you say to a Cubs fan who says the following:

"Cubs are gonna be awesome this year."

"Marquis is good. He has as many wins as Clemens and Maddux during the last couple years."

"Lilly is awesome."

"Cubs have won back-to-back World Series titles. Sox haven't."

"Ozzie Guillen wasn't American when he won the World Series."

"Cubs have a better bullpen. Sox bullpen is too young."

"Cubs have a better rotation."

lumberjack923
02-20-2007, 06:47 PM
Who cares?....worst thread ever....

MarySwiss
02-20-2007, 06:55 PM

"Marquis is good. He has as many wins as Clemens and Maddux during the last couple years."

"Lilly is awesome."

"Wanna see my picture of the World Series trophy?" :D:

skobabe8
02-20-2007, 06:58 PM
Who cares?....worst thread ever....

LOL...you gotta love that response from a newbie with 4 posts. And I agree with him! :D:

WizardsofOzzie
02-20-2007, 07:02 PM
If you have to ask for a good comeback line then you shouldn't be getting into debates

itsnotrequired
02-20-2007, 07:34 PM
Here's my response:

Best little Liqour store in the Northwoods

By itsnotrequired

Whenever i ; itsnotrequired get up north from Chicago; i have to stop at the House of Spirits ! When i was a kid; we used to go up to Rhinelander, Wi. the last 3 weeks of August thru the 60's and 70's. May dad would stop there on the way to the cabin on Squash Lake; off Hwy 8 just past Woodboro, Wi. (Paddocks Resort). My dad would buy a case of Rhinelander Beer (sometimes the shorties) returnable bottles and a fifth of V.O. for ummmmm the week. Ridicalous Day there would be an old Chrysler convertable parked in from of the store. A must Stop; for Grog !!!!!

chisoxmike
02-20-2007, 07:37 PM
This is almost as bad as the Zambrano/Soriano thread...almost. But still...

:threadsucks

:threadblows:

:whocares

sox1970
02-20-2007, 07:40 PM
The Jerk Store called....

oeo
02-20-2007, 08:00 PM
The Jerk Store called....

"Well I slept with your wife!"

That's what I thought this thread was going to be about...best comeback lines. What a serious disappointment...:(:

thomas35forever
02-20-2007, 08:04 PM
If you have to ask for a good comeback line then you shouldn't be getting into debates
I'm not trying to get into debates. They insist on stirring them up.

rdwj
02-20-2007, 08:08 PM
"Cubs are gonna be awesome this year." At sucking ****!

"Marquis is good. At sucking ****!

"Lilly is awesome." At sucking ****!

"Cubs have won back-to-back World Series titles. Sox haven't." Ya, but the Cubs suck ****!

"Ozzie Guillen wasn't American when he won the World Series." Ya, but you suck****!

"Cubs have a better bullpen." At sucking ****!

"Cubs have a better rotation." At sucking ****!

That should do it

Edit: Wow! Language filter doesn't star c**k?!??! That's not good!

chisoxmike
02-20-2007, 08:12 PM
"Cubs are gonna be awesome this year." At sucking ****!

"Marquis is good. At sucking ****!

"Lilly is awesome." At sucking ****!

"Cubs have won back-to-back World Series titles. Sox haven't." Ya, but the Cubs suck ****!

"Ozzie Guillen wasn't American when he won the World Series." Ya, but you suck****!

"Cubs have a better bullpen." At sucking ****!

"Cubs have a better rotation." At sucking ****!

That should do it

Edit: Wow! Language filter doesn't star c**k?!??! That's not good!

Oh dear. :o:

itsnotrequired
02-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Oh dear. :o:

Let's all call a dog.

SoxandtheCityTee
02-20-2007, 08:27 PM

"So what? What do you mean by that, exactly?" Non-aggressive tone, but look him right in the eyes. No matter the answer, drop it after that.

The rest: "We'll just have to wait and see." With a small, contented smile.

I don't generally argue with these types, it's pointless.

HomeFish
02-20-2007, 08:27 PM
"Kiss my ring".

Anyone else have their replica World Series ring? It's given me the chance to say that on more than one occasion.

crazyozzie02
02-20-2007, 08:29 PM
i got nothing. i just found myself shaking my head. Hey i got an idea. Dont sink to their level

WhiteSox5187
02-20-2007, 08:57 PM
"Cubs are gonna be awesome this year." What mental institution did you say you escaped from again?

"Marquis is good. He has as many wins as Clemens and Maddux during the last couple years." Yes, and Marquis also has twice as many losses during that time and an ERA in the sixes.

"Lilly is awesome." He is the best below five hundred pitcher the Cubs have.

"Cubs have won back-to-back World Series titles. Sox haven't." Yes, in the Taft administration

"Ozzie Guillen wasn't American when he won the World Series." Your point?

"Cubs have a better bullpen. Sox bullpen is too young." The Cubs bullpen blew about sixteen saves last year...

"Cubs have a better rotation." When are they removing the morphine drip?

RedHeadPaleHoser
02-20-2007, 08:58 PM
Tell them this -

Good seasons are judged in October.
Get back to me when the Cubs play in October.....

So, dig me up and tell me in 100 years.

cws05champ
02-20-2007, 09:06 PM
boring!!!!

rocky biddle
02-20-2007, 09:12 PM
I thought cub fans didn't care about the Sox?

RadioheadRocks
02-20-2007, 09:56 PM
http://picpop.com/gallery/albums/userpics/1-14-05/disappointing-thread.jpg

Dan Mega
02-20-2007, 10:12 PM

:rowand Exactly

DumpJerry
02-20-2007, 11:37 PM
Ok...this is so pre-October 26, 2005. Why do people still care what Cub fans say or think or what that team does?????

When Cub fans tell me their team will do well I just smile and say "why not? The Cards won the division with only 83 wins last year."

Really, why can't we spend our intellectual engergies on something else like how many wins our fifth starter will get?

MincHiaPettito
02-21-2007, 12:21 AM
Ok...this is so pre-October 26, 2005. Why do people still care what Cub fans say or think or what that team does?????

When Cub fans tell me their team will do well I just smile and say "why not? The Cards won the division with only 83 wins last year."

Really, why can\\\'t we spend our intellectual engergies on something else like how many wins our fifth starter will get?

That is just living in this city. I think some take it too far, but everyone interacts with Cub fans and has this friendly (well sometimes) back and forth on each others teams. To say its only a Sox fan thing is ridiculous, most Cubs fans initiate it with me, and this can hold true for a lot of sports teams and rivals around the country. Yes, our real rivals are AL Central opponents, but we also dont live and work with those fans, and the Cubs are direct competition from a business standpoint.

I will sometimes check up on their games and will read the story lines here. There is no way it goes furthur than the time I spend on the Sox. I try to embrace having more than 1 team here though, I am a baseball nut. Some people live in their teams market and still spend hundreds to see other teams games, in a way we are lucky to get some other free games, even if the NL sucks, there are some players or pitchers I like to see. So I dont think that just talking about the Cubs makes you obsessed with them, there is no way it outweighs what I give to the Sox, and I will never cheer for them, I just try to be unbiased and see it as another NL team (just like I follow other teams). Living here and with the media [which is who I DO hate, that is where I get an obsession, when they dont treat both teams on the same level. Everyone talks about each others teams, they are really the ones who first force the stereotypes and then they rip people for it], it is basically impossible to avoid that other team

chisoxmike
02-21-2007, 01:26 AM
:rowand Exactly

:rolling:

:thumbsup:

Scottiehaswheels
02-21-2007, 01:36 AM

I find this one hilarious... One guy has played maybe a full season in 2 years and the other played for their crapass team already.. Well it'd be hard for a guy that pitched for the Cards NOT to have more wins than both... Hell, the Card's prolly have relievers with more wins than those 2 in the past couple years.

Domeshot17
02-21-2007, 07:07 AM
The one line that I used that seem to get a rise out of my buddy who is a cubs fan during all his talking "Oh yah, Pinella is awesome at rebuilding teams. He was great in Tampa. Isn't he the one who had that awesome idea to start his closer, then goto middle relief, and bring his starter in in the 4th inning? I bet that would be a great gimmick for the lovable losers"

That or just inform them you heard the same lines when Dusty Baker signed, and every year is there year.

bryPt
02-21-2007, 07:48 AM
I think what rdwj was trying to do was the old steve dahl fortune cookie trick, but instead of saying "in bed" ala the fortune cookies, you can basically say what rdwj said after every response and it works.

cws05champ
02-21-2007, 08:17 AM
The only thing you should have to say is " Hey, you wanna come over and watch my 2005 World series DVD?" "You can bring the DVD from the Cubs 1908 championship run if you want."

jenn2080
02-21-2007, 08:21 AM

soxstarter
02-21-2007, 08:54 AM
"Kiss my ring".

Anyone else have their replica World Series ring? It's given me the chance to say that on more than one occasion.

Love this one!

I work & live in the north burbs so a playful banter with the fans of that "other" team is actually Kinda fun. Particularly, when we can say things like this. It doesn't have to take on cosmic porportions that zap our intellectual energies. (I have that coming out the wazoo, so it is no drain on me anyway)

Jurr
02-21-2007, 09:14 AM

"Lilly is awesome."

I would grab them gently by the head and begin looking for bleeding from the ears. Then I would start asking them simple questions such as "what day is it today?" Obviously a severe head injury had recently taken place.

WizardsofOzzie
02-21-2007, 09:17 AM

"Lilly is awesome."

Any baseball fan, let alone a sox fan, would have intelligent arguments for every one of these statements. Don't stoop to their level with little quips and stupid comebacks. Deep down inside if you make a good argument, they know they lost.

Mr.1Dog
02-21-2007, 09:47 AM
Roll your eyes and tell them they have got to relax. People hate being told to relax.:cool: Or just say, "My cat's breath smells like cat food."

I want Mags back
02-21-2007, 10:19 AM

http://65.214.37.88/ts?t=15440645480910464527

WORST THREAD EVER

skottyj242
02-21-2007, 10:31 AM
"Kiss my ring".

The little dinky one they gave out last year? You've had people kiss that? WOW!

WizardsofOzzie
02-21-2007, 10:39 AM
http://65.214.37.88/ts?t=15440645480910464527

WORST THREAD EVER
I don't know, the Pennies in a jar thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81414&highlight=pennies+in+a+jar) was pretty bad

Uncle_Patrick
02-21-2007, 10:56 AM

"Lilly is awesome."

All I would say is "It doesn't matter how good you think the Cubs are. They will blow it, just like they always do. History is on my side."

But seriously, no Cubs fans I know would say most of this stuff. A lot of these quotes sound like they come from children or teenagers.

Chicken Dinner
02-21-2007, 12:53 PM
:thankgod

jenn2080
02-21-2007, 01:10 PM
I don't know, the Pennies in a jar thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=81414&highlight=pennies+in+a+jar) was pretty bad

Don't forget about the Pods needs glasses.

Jerko
02-21-2007, 01:16 PM
Don't forget about the Pods needs glasses.

Now THAT was a classic thread.

IndianWhiteSox
02-22-2007, 11:09 AM
You can always tell them that:

The last time the Cubs went to the World Series, India was a colony.

SOXSINCE'70
02-22-2007, 11:54 AM
"Welcome to year #99 without a championship."

Dick Allen
02-22-2007, 01:33 PM
All I would do is say "Thank God I don't have to hold my breath while waiting for you to say something intelligent". Of course that would apply to all Cub fans.

TDog
02-22-2007, 02:29 PM
I've never heard a Cubs fans brag about winning back-to-back World Series titles. If I did, I might suggest that it was only because the White Sox didn't make it to the World Series as they did in 1906 to beat the Cubs. But if I did, I would probably point out that no one watched the games on television. No one listened to the games on the radio. And for the final game in 1908 that capped the feat, only 6,210 people paid to get in -- the lowest attendance for any World Series game ever.

Obviously, no one cared.