PDA

View Full Version : Masset looking good so far; Jenks goes deep

WizardsofOzzie
02-20-2007, 01:37 PM
Notes from Spring Training

Masset didn't disappoint, showing nasty velocity on his fastball and movement to the inside and outside of the plate.
At one point after Masset was finished, Williams even yelled to A.J. Pierzynski to get the catcher's reaction to Masset's throwing session. Pierzynski responded with a thumbs up.

Not only is he the Sox' best closer, but Jenks proved to be the pitcher with the most pop in his bat.
In the pitchers' first batting practice of the spring, Jenks crushed a pitch over the left-field wall and into the parking lot beyond the practice field. :o: I can only imagine the reaction that one got

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/264180,CST-SPT-soxnt20.article

AuroraSoxFan
02-20-2007, 02:25 PM
Would have been sweet to see Bobby go yard. Reserve bat off the bench??

I am glad Masset is turning some heads. Most Sox personnel appear to have a lot of confidence in him. With a guy like that I am glad most media will overlook him and focus on Cubs, Yanks, BoSox. If he got all that press it may disrupt his flow or development. I hope he can continue to go somewhat under the radar and mow some people down come April.

chisoxfanatic
02-20-2007, 02:30 PM
:jon
"Been there, done that! And MINE was in a game situation!"

Anyways, good for Bobby!

Mr.1Dog
02-20-2007, 02:32 PM
It would have been sweet to see Jenks go deep. Did he do the double fist pump or the single?

Taliesinrk
02-20-2007, 02:54 PM

Anyways, good for Bobby!

HELL OF A GAME!!! that was awesome... just to see a collective 35,000 gasp as the ball left the bat and we lept out of our seats. it was something else..

skobabe8
02-20-2007, 03:20 PM
Great place to insert a "Was Neil Cotts throwing bp?" joke if not for him being traded.

God did he give up alot of dongs last year.

Whitesox029
02-20-2007, 03:28 PM
Great place to insert a "Was Neil Cotts throwing bp?" joke if not for him being traded.

One can hope. Notice the lack of deep pink here. I wouldn't be surprised if he gives up a couple of them to pitchers this year, especially in that ballpark, and especially if he ends up in their rotation.
"I'll have that giant underwear ad of a ballpark shakin' in their boots when I step up to bat against Cotts."

jenn2080
02-20-2007, 03:29 PM

Always a guarentee that he would clear the bases as soon as he came in the game. The Riske - Cotts - Vazquez combo....:o:

D. TODD
02-20-2007, 04:20 PM

Anyways, good for Bobby! I was at that game it was a majestic blast big John.:tongue:

Madvora
02-20-2007, 04:28 PM
Bobby Jenks would make a good Babe Ruth.

ondafarm
02-20-2007, 04:32 PM
Swing hard in case you hit it Bobby.

DumpJerry
02-20-2007, 04:36 PM
Great...........Jenks' contract price just went up 5 million...........(teal) :angry: (teal)

stl_sox_fan
02-20-2007, 04:41 PM
Bobby Jenks would make a good Babe Ruth.

Ha! I just had an image of Ruth/Jenks in the vintage footage where everyone seemed to be moving at triple time.

:D:

StillMissOzzie
02-20-2007, 05:55 PM
Great...........Jenks' contract price just went up 5 million...........(teal) :angry: (teal)

OK, so you put the word "teal" in teal both times, does that mean that you are being sarcastic about making a teal angry Smilie and it's a real angry Smilie?

SMO
I'll go away now...

thomas35forever
02-20-2007, 06:52 PM
:jenks:
Look out for this man during interleague play.

infohawk
02-20-2007, 07:55 PM
Maybe it was former Cub standout Dave Otto.

Soxfanspcu11
02-20-2007, 08:03 PM
As the Cubune goes nuts about the flubs, believing that they will go 162-0, and refusing to admit that they have paid over a quarter of a billion dollars for mediocrity.......

they are conviently and predictably ignoring the Sox, who I personally believe will be better this year then they were in 2006.

Same solid starting rotation, perhaps better.

New and improved bullpen, perhaps the best in the MLB.

And

The same potent offense.

I love the Sox being considered underdogs!

Why they are? I have not a clue. I believe that they will win at least 100 games. We really have a GREAT team for 2007!!!

I SERIOUSLY CAN NOT WAIT!!!!:supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

Taliesinrk
02-20-2007, 08:39 PM
:jenks:
Look out for this man during interleague play.

if things play out right, "this man" should never get an AB in interleague play...

thomas35forever
02-20-2007, 08:49 PM
if things play out right, "this man" should never get an AB in interleague play...
He could if we're up 15-0.

TDog
02-21-2007, 11:47 AM

Bobby Thigpen was a designated hitter in college and hit better than .360 playing outfield and first base during a summer in Alaska before he was drafted, and he never got a major league at bat. Closers aren't going to be used as pinch-hitters and they generally don't stay in the game to hit after they have blown leads. Jenks probably won't pitch more than an inning a game and won't be on the field if the score is 15-0.

But his hit sounds like it was quite a poke. The parking lot isn't just over the fence. It's beyond the fence.