PDA

View Full Version : Laurence Holmes: Total Idiot

Viva Medias B's
02-19-2007, 09:20 PM
Last night, I saw the Score's Laurence Holmes on Fox Chicago's "The Final Word." On last night's edition, Holmes participated in the "Rant and Rave" segment with Tom Waddle and ripped everything Kenny Williams did during the offseason. Tonight on his own show, this supposed White Sox fan is doing it again. He is acting as if KW is intentionally running the White Sox into the ground and misrepresenting the franchise. He says the ballpark will be empty by midseason. You know, since Holmes seems to have all the right answers (in his own mind), I think the White Sox should fire KW and appoint Laurence Holmes the new GM. Then, I'm sure every move the White Sox will be so good that a World Series championship is an absolute certainity. In fact, with Holmes as GM, I am certain the White Sox will never lose a single, solitary ballgame under his tenure.

Lawrence Holmes is just another mediot who is omnipotent only in his own mind. Maybe not every move KW made this offseason will pan out; he certainly can be questioned for the moves he made. But Holmes is essentially making him out to be the Bob Pulford of Chicago baseball. He is a complete idiot.

If he were ever to leave the Score, it would be a dramatic improvement. I think his Bears reporting sucks. I can't stand his DePaul infatuation. The guy is so amateurish, his lack of professionalism is obvious.

SOXSINCE'70
02-19-2007, 09:30 PM
God,am I glad I have a satellite radio in my car.

Don't waste your time with these ****ing idiots.
Start listening to CD's in your car,hook up an MP3 player
or get a satellite radio.Your life will be much better.
Mine has improved dramatically since I got a Sirius
radio in my car 2 years ago.

MincHiaPettito
02-19-2007, 10:29 PM
This is what I was saying in another thread. The so called Sox fans in the media are always the first to criticize and be first to represent the sterotype (and then rip others who follow). Then You can throw Macneil, Hood, Bernstein, etc all in there. I would say North, but he actually sounded reasonable on Chicago Tribune Live the other night (again, not like Im going to hate if you disagree with something the Sox did, but this is much different than what these guys do). Most of them are an embarrasment.

itsnotrequired
02-19-2007, 10:40 PM
People still listen to what sports radio personalities have to say?

CHISOXFAN13
02-19-2007, 10:52 PM
Last night, I saw the Score's Laurence Holmes on Fox Chicago's "The Final Word." On last night's edition, Holmes participated in the "Rant and Rave" segment with Tom Waddle and ripped everything Kenny Williams did during the offseason. Tonight on his own show, this supposed White Sox fan is doing it again. He is acting as if KW is intentionally running the White Sox into the ground and misrepresenting the franchise. He says the ballpark will be empty by midseason. You know, since Holmes seems to have all the right answers (in his own mind), I think the White Sox should fire KW and appoint Laurence Holmes the new GM. Then, I'm sure every move the White Sox will be so good that a World Series championship is an absolute certainity. In fact, with Holmes as GM, I am certain the White Sox will never lose a single, solitary ballgame under his tenure.

Lawrence Holmes is just another mediot who is omnipotent only in his own mind. Maybe not every move KW made this offseason will pan out; he certainly can be questioned for the moves he made. But Holmes is essentially making him out to be the Bob Pulford of Chicago baseball. He is a complete idiot.

If he were ever to leave the Score, it would be a dramatic improvement. I think his Bears reporting sucks. I can't stand his DePaul infatuation. The guy is so amateurish, his lack of professionalism is obvious.

How can you hate anyone for being infatuated about their alma mater when we consistently are treated to Marist badminton and knitting results every other night from you?

Pot meet kettle.

Jjav829
02-19-2007, 11:03 PM
Lawrence Holmes is the best Bears beat reporter in Chicago. Period.

Viva Medias B's
02-19-2007, 11:06 PM
How can you hate anyone for being infatuated about their alma mater when we consistently are treated to Marist badminton and knitting results every other night from you?

Pot meet kettle.

First of all, I did not say I hate Laurence Holmes. That is too strong a word.

Second, I generally report results of Marist sporting events I attend here at WSI (just like many other WSIers do with their respective high school alma maters), not get on a 50,000-watt radio station and claim the Marist RedHawks are God's gift to prep sports.

crazyozzie02
02-19-2007, 11:12 PM

i couldnt agree with you more (no teal needed)

santo=dorf
02-19-2007, 11:14 PM

Pot meet kettle.
Anybody know how Loyola did against that Division-II team from Cleveland the other night?

LOL

SoxxoS
02-19-2007, 11:50 PM

I like Zach Zaidman...at first I didnt, but I think he is a quality reporter...and more importantly, speaks well.

lakeviewsoxfan
02-20-2007, 12:13 AM
I like Zach Zaidman...at first I didnt, but I think he is a quality reporter...and more importantly, speaks well.

Zach Zaidman is an ass kisser who often becomes the mouthpiece for the Bears.

hsnterprize
02-20-2007, 01:09 AM
Well...at least Lawrence Holmes is consistent with his Sox analysis. I saw him on WTTW's "Chicago Week in Review" show last Friday, and he said virtually the same thing...that he doesn't expect a lot out of the Sox this season because of the young people they've put on the team in place of proven players like Freddy Garcia and such. He did say that in 2008, his expectations of the Sox will be higher. As for the Cubs, he said he's "excited" about the possibility of the Cubs doing well this year with all the money they spent.

We'll see just how well the north siders' money was spent starting in April. As for my team, I feel the Sox are going to do very well this season, and being "under the radar" is the best way to approach this season. Let the mediots and all rave on the Cubbies with their "Cubbie swagger"...by September, they'll be as "useless" as usual.

NSSoxFan
02-20-2007, 01:53 AM
Shame on Laurence Holmes for saying what he thinks. After all, isn't that is his job? Isn't that the reason that shows like the Final Word ask him to be on their show? And what is with the attack on the guy for his DePaul 'infatuation'? DePaul's home station is 670, besides Holmes, nobody else talks Demons except for North (which is because the 'Jerry Wainwright Show' airs during his show).

You don't have to agree with him. You must not remember what these people were saying before the 2005 season started.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-20-2007, 05:01 AM
If he's too pro-Sox and always anti-Cubs, guess what he is? A reporter with bias. If he's too anti-Sox, he's an "idiot".

Holmes is a good guy and a good reporter. How many of you can honestly say you disagree with what he was saying? Did KW make these moves this offseason to increase our chances in 2007? If anyone says "yes" you truly are a moron. We lost a proven pitcher in Garcia and another one that KW himself was infatuated with, McCarthy. We got a handful of "project pitchers". Thus, our chances to win in 2007 decreased. At least at this very moment they've decreased. For all we know Danks, Floyd, Masset, etc., will flourish by May and help us win the division, pennant, and the World Series. Then and ONLY THEN can you look back at this offseason and say, "he made those moves and he increased our chances of winning this year".

As it stands, we had a better team, on paper, last year compared to this year. But what the hell does a team on paper win?

dcb56
02-20-2007, 06:14 AM

Bull, Laurence Holmes is one of the few personalities on the Score who actually deserves the paycheck he receives unlike most of the folks (frauds) on that station. The fact is his concerns about the Sox are completely justified (you mean to tell me that SS, the rotation, and outfield don't worry you going into this season?), and if you can't understand that then I don't know what to tell you. Why don't you refute some of his arguments instead of resorting to cheap**** name calling? Perhaps Laurence really isn't so much the mediot as you are just another sheep who thinks KW can do no wrong.

MincHiaPettito
02-20-2007, 06:27 AM
Concerns are one thing, but when you say that the park will be empty quick, which multiple media personalities who claim to be Sox fans have done, you are just being an *******.

The recurring theme I\'ve seen in the last 2 weeks by the media, and mentioned about 20 times yesterday on Chicago Tribune Live was that Kenny messed with something that was good, and had so much turnover. Actually, the offense which was fine and one of the best in the league last year stayed completely the same. You lost 1 starter and a few bullpen arms, but you also made some bullpen moves which I think will improve it. My only worry is the #5 spot and my only criticism is my thinking that more could have been gotten for Kenny. But yes, it sure is hilarious now to see how every one loves Garcia. He was hated more than Vazquez, he was fat, he lost his fastball, he didnt care about most of the games, and he showed up his teammates, and most of you ripped Kenny prematurely thinking he would never deal one of Ozzies boys. It was common sense that Freddy was leaving, so don\'t act so shocked.

And to be honest, I dont see how shortstop is a huge issue. If you want an all star at every position then go plug in your PS2. It is good defensively, bad offensively but is also at the bottom of the order, and you have a great backup for the position. I\'d rather not give up another pitcher for offensive #s for a shortstop which will cancel out anyway after another pitching hole.

caulfield12
02-20-2007, 08:09 AM
If he's too pro-Sox and always anti-Cubs, guess what he is? A reporter with bias. If he's too anti-Sox, he's an "idiot".

Holmes is a good guy and a good reporter. How many of you can honestly say you disagree with what he was saying? Did KW make these moves this offseason to increase our chances in 2007? If anyone says "yes" you truly are a moron. We lost a proven pitcher in Garcia and another one that KW himself was infatuated with, McCarthy. We got a handful of "project pitchers". Thus, our chances to win in 2007 decreased. At least at this very moment they've decreased. For all we know Danks, Floyd, Masset, etc., will flourish by May and help us win the division, pennant, and the World Series. Then and ONLY THEN can you look back at this offseason and say, "he made those moves and he increased our chances of winning this year".

As it stands, we had a better team, on paper, last year compared to this year. But what the hell does a team on paper win?

The same trophy the 2006 White Sox and Red Sox received.

Viva Medias B's
02-20-2007, 08:16 AM
Bull, Laurence Holmes is one of the few personalities on the Score who actually deserves the paycheck he receives unlike most of the folks (frauds) on that station. The fact is his concerns about the Sox are completely justified (you mean to tell me that SS, the rotation, and outfield don't worry you going into this season?), and if you can't understand that then I don't know what to tell you. Why don't you refute some of his arguments instead of resorting to cheap**** name calling? Perhaps Laurence really isn't so much the mediot as you are just another sheep who thinks KW can do no wrong.

Sure I have some issues about the shortstop position, the No. 5 starter, and the outfield. However, I am not going to simply write the 2007 White Sox off like Holmes is doing. That is the main problem I have with him.

DeadMoney
02-20-2007, 09:50 AM
I am not going to simply write the 2007 White Sox off like Holmes is doing.

The ironic thing is how quickly these people forget. The people who are writing the team off now, are the ones who did the same in '05. And if I remember correctly...

Dan Mega
02-20-2007, 10:32 AM
How many of you can honestly say you disagree with what he was saying? Did KW make these moves this offseason to increase our chances in 2007? If anyone says "yes" you truly are a moron. We lost a proven pitcher in Garcia and another one that KW himself was infatuated with, McCarthy. We got a handful of "project pitchers". Thus, our chances to win in 2007 decreased.

As someone who hasn't yet jumped ship, I suppose I am one of these "morons". :rolleyes:

Areas improved upon:
Backup catcher (the Hall signing is bigger than people think)
Backup CF
Bullpen

Yes, Garcia was proven. What have the Sox really lost besides that? McCarthy, the guy who was throwing batting practice? Did you really want to stick with Cotts and Riske in the bullpen? Its a shame that there are so many dark clouds this early in the season even though several key areas were improved upon from last season's 90 win ballclub.

WizardsofOzzie
02-20-2007, 10:39 AM
I seem to recall a few people ripping on Kenny's moves before the 05' season. I can't really remember what happened that season but I'm sure all those critics were dead on :rolleyes:

WizardsofOzzie
02-20-2007, 10:44 AM

And we had a better team on paper in 2006 than we did in 2005. I see that worked out well so don't try to say we have less of a shot this year than last year just based on your opinion that we were better on paper last year. The theory of the "White Sox" username prefix continues :tongue:

skobabe8
02-20-2007, 10:44 AM
This is what I was saying in another thread. The so called Sox fans in the media are always the first to criticize and be first to represent the sterotype (and then rip others who follow). Then You can throw Macneil, Hood, Bernstein, etc all in there. I would say North, but he actually sounded reasonable on Chicago Tribune Live the other night (again, not like Im going to hate if you disagree with something the Sox did, but this is much different than what these guys do). Most of them are an embarrasment.

Funny b/c I just heard North yesterday morning telling Peter Gammons on the morning show that the Sox "got rid of Nancy Faust last year and look where it got them."

I almost ripped the radio out of my car.

WizardsofOzzie
02-20-2007, 10:46 AM
Funny b/c I just heard North yesterday morning telling Peter Gammons on the morning show that the Sox "got rid of Nancy Faust last year and look where it got them."

I almost ripped the radio out of my car.
Why damage your own car? Drive to the studio and beat him over the head with a dictionary until he agrees to actually think before he speaks :D:

spiffie
02-20-2007, 10:46 AM

Our bullpen is now a collection of power arms, Scott Podsednik should finally be healthy for the first time since July 2005, our guys have had a full offseason to recover (no postseason or WBC bull****), we have a good backup catcher and solid backup for the OF, and we have four pitchers who should all be ready to step up and pitch like aces, along with a collection of highly talented arms ready to fight for the #5 spot. I'd say our chances are certainly no worse than last year and probably better since we're less likely to blow so many games due to the bullpen.

spiffie
02-20-2007, 10:48 AM
I seem to recall a few people ripping on Kenny's moves before the 05' season. I can't really remember what happened that season but I'm sure all those critics were dead on :rolleyes:
Amen to that. Geez, guy wins a World Series as a GM and less than 18 months later already everyone has forgotten that he knows more than everyone on this board combined.

caulfield12
02-20-2007, 10:52 AM
Our bullpen is now a collection of power arms, Scott Podsednik should finally be healthy for the first time since July 2005, our guys have had a full offseason to recover (no postseason or WBC bull****), we have a good backup catcher and solid backup for the OF, and we have four pitchers who should all be ready to step up and pitch like aces, along with a collection of highly talented arms ready to fight for the #5 spot. I'd say our chances are certainly no worse than last year and probably better since we're less likely to blow so many games due to the bullpen.

Hall, Erstad instead of Mackowiak, Masset/Sisco/Aardsma is GREATER than the difference between what our fifth starter would have done vis a vis Freddy Garcia. We'll certainly find out soon enough.

And there's no arguing we're in a much better position for 08/09/10...which won't be much consolation if we come up just short with this team in 07. Still, we held onto the 00 team a couple of seasons too long (Valentin, Lee, Magglio, Thomas), so maybe KW doesn't want to repeat that mistake this time ?around.

ChiSox14305635
02-20-2007, 10:56 AM
Once the Sox won it all in 2005, I no longer was concerned with the opinion that the sportswriters, sportstalk radio, or any other outlet had on the Sox. I remember before the start of spring training in 2004 how George Ofman said in one of his scoreboard updates how the Sox were trying to pawn Konerko off on a different team. I posted a thread about it saying that was wrong (and got absolutely lit up because of it :D:), yet a little more than a year and a half later, the same guy the Sox were trying to "pawn" on another team was hitting possibly the biggest home run in this franchise's history.

Somehow, I think KW isn't too concerned with what the media is saying. Sox fans shouldn't either.

caulfield12
02-20-2007, 11:28 AM
Once the Sox won it all in 2005, I no longer was concerned with the opinion that the sportswriters, sportstalk radio, or any other outlet had on the Sox. I remember before the start of spring training in 2004 how George Ofman said in one of his scoreboard updates how the Sox were trying to pawn Konerko off on a different team. I posted a thread about it saying that was wrong (and got absolutely lit up because of it :D:), yet a little more than a year and a half later, the same guy the Sox were trying to "pawn" on another team was hitting possibly the biggest home run in this franchise's history.

Somehow, I think KW isn't too concerned with what the media is saying. Sox fans shouldn't either.

It does seem he has been "somewhat" concerned with how fans would treat Buehrle if they knew he had turned down a contract extension in 2006, for some reason. It seems they were trying to get MB from getting "thrown under the bus" on the whole issue until Mark divulged the information himself, more or less, and spoke openly about it. Certainly different that knowing they had no intention at all of keeping him around...like with Magglio.

veeter
02-20-2007, 12:10 PM
The Sox were bashed VERY hard after the C.Lee trade. Then, after winning the WORLD SERIES, they were given one year of leeway. Well, things are back to normal in the great city of Chicago. The cubs are celebrating the greatest off-season in the history of baseball. And the Sox are getting bashed every day in the papers and on the radio. Today the trib. cites problems with AJ. That he's pissed they got Hall because his playing time will be cut. In my recent memory, this is the fiercest attempt to topple everything White Sox. It's more than annoying, but I've decided not to listen to the radio anymore. And I'm very happy. I even yelled at my dad yesterday, because he called to tell me what ******* Murphy was saying. I asked him not to update me on all the crap. That I'm at peace and want to stay that way.

veeter
02-20-2007, 12:11 PM

Somehow, I think KW isn't too concerned with what the media is saying. Sox fans shouldn't either.Well said and right on the money.

tick53
02-20-2007, 12:34 PM
I used to like him, but I now agree he's a total pantload!

chaerulez
02-20-2007, 12:40 PM

Holmes has his opinion and you have yours, but to question if Holmes' is a "true" Sox fan because he didn't like KW's moves is ridiculous. Just because someone disagrees with the direction their team is going makes them less of a fan? The guy broadcasted the postgame after the World Series win until 6 am, and I'm pretty sure 670 didn't make him, he did it as a Sox fan. When did Kenny Williams become a saint like figure in Chicago that we can't question what he does? Yes, he brought the first World Series title to Chicago in 88 years. But he's not perfect, nor do I expect him to be. He has made bad moves in the past and he will make bad moves in the future. Do I agree with Holmes? Not really, I think the Sox are still contenders, but there are question marks on the team. At least he doesn't make up false information like North who has been claiming the Sox ran Nancy Faust out, even though it was well documented on WSI that it was her decision to be at less games.

BainesHOF
02-20-2007, 12:43 PM

Yes. He's an embarrassment to the basics of journalism.

spiffie
02-20-2007, 12:44 PM
Holmes has his opinion and you have yours, but to question if Holmes' is a "true" Sox fan because he didn't like KW's moves is ridiculous. Just because someone disagrees with the direction their team is going makes them less of a fan? The guy broadcasted the postgame after the World Series win until 6 am, and I'm pretty sure 670 didn't make him, he did it as a Sox fan. When did Kenny Williams become a saint like figure in Chicago that we can't question what he does? Yes, he brought the first World Series title to Chicago in 88 years. But he's not perfect, nor do I expect him to be. He has made bad moves in the past and he will make bad moves in the future. Do I agree with Holmes? Not really, I think the Sox are still contenders, but there are question marks on the team. At least he doesn't make up false information like North who has been claiming the Sox ran Nancy Faust out, even though it was well documented on WSI that it was her decision to be at less games.
A real Sox fan gives the guy the benefit of the doubt, not guarantees that the park will be empty by summer. If you want to have concerns about KW's moves, fine. I can't for the life of me understand who the hell would think such a thing, but whatever. But when you're a media person in a town that already slants constantly against the team you supposedly "care" for, you have an obligation to try and not be a pants-pissing dark cloud.

caulfield12
02-20-2007, 12:46 PM
I think White Sox fans were exaggeratedly against KW after the Kip Wells and Koch deals (moreso on the message boards than the average fan that goes to 3-5 games per year) and now the pendulum has swung back too far the other direction.

Williams is getting a lot of cover on the boards because of 2005. Rightly so, but not enough to justify this ubiquitous KW "love." As a Sox fan, I can say that I haven't liked the moves as much I "understood" them from a strategic, cost/benefit-oriented business perspective. You should be able to express your honest opinion without getting crucified when there are some legitimate questions about this year's team.

Perhaps we're so enmeshed in defending the franchise and KW/JR from the merciless assault of the media that we're confusing "real" Sox fans with the national and local media who tend to have their biases.

CHISOXFAN13
02-20-2007, 12:46 PM
A real Sox fan gives the guy the benefit of the doubt, not guarantees that the park will be empty by summer. If you want to have concerns about KW's moves, fine. I can't for the life of me understand who the hell would think such a thing, but whatever. But when you're a media person in a town that already slants constantly against the team you supposedly "care" for, you have an obligation to try and not be a pants-pissing dark cloud.

Geez. I was listening to the same segment and at no point did he guarantee that the ballpark would be empty.

He said, Sox fans don't accept medicority, and if they struggle, the fans will stop coming. Kinda hard to argue with him when you look at the past.

spiffie
02-20-2007, 01:34 PM
Geez. I was listening to the same segment and at no point did he guarantee that the ballpark would be empty.

He said, Sox fans don't accept medicority, and if they struggle, the fans will stop coming. Kinda hard to argue with him when you look at the past.
At the end of the segment either he or Waddle said "The park will be empty by summer" and the other one agreed with that.

soxtalker
02-20-2007, 01:50 PM
I guess that I don't understand this constant bashing of the media. If they wanted to destroy the Sox, they would avoid talking about them. As far as Lawrence Holmes is concerned, I enjoy listening to him. Now, I don't agree with his analysis here, but he usually has some interesting points.

Also, regarding the comment about the ballpark being empty, there is some truth in it. If the Sox tank -- acquisitions don't work out, key players get injured, one of other teams take off, etc. -- I can see a lot of fans cutting their attendance. But that probably wouldn't show up until the following year or two, as there are now an awful lot of season ticket holders.

areilly
02-20-2007, 01:51 PM

I'm a real Sox fan, I'm hoping the offseason moves work out for the best, and if the Sox tank this year I personally guarantee the park starts emptying out mid-summer.

We've seen it before, we'll see it again. A real Sox fan does not reward mediocrity and failure, nor does the real Sox fan expect other Sox fans to reward mediocrity and failure.

Ziggy S
02-20-2007, 01:53 PM

Hangar18:See, I was totally right about the Sox dumping Nancy. Yet, you all laughed at me and said I didn't know what I was talking about.

wdelaney72
02-20-2007, 01:55 PM

Yep, who spent an entire Saturday morning show prior at the end of the 2005 season trying to argue the Cubs re-sign Nomar.

He's an idiot.

I won't speak for Holmes on baseball, but I find him to be an outstanding Bears beat reporter... miles above Zach Zaidman.

ChiSoxGirl
02-20-2007, 02:26 PM

Zach Zaidman is also the guy who, while on the air with Hub Arkush (IIRC) in August 2005, referred to Jon Garland and "John Gardner." :rolleyes:

itsnotrequired
02-20-2007, 02:33 PM
Zach Zaidman is also the guy who, while on the air with Hub Arkush (IIRC) in August 2005, referred to Jon Garland and "John Gardner." :rolleyes:

Wow, you were able to pick up the misspelling of 'Jon' over the air?

:tongue:

DeadMoney
02-20-2007, 02:38 PM
Boy, I can't wait until all this offseason crap is over. Come April, we'll get partial answers to some of our questions [on how the offseason turned out], and that'll be the new 'hot' topic.

As for right now, thank God for Spring Training. Because I wouldn't be able to take much more of the offseason banter. Let's just hope that our main bullpen additions have good Springs in the thin Tucson air, or we could be in for another month of painful 'analysis'. I personally cannot wait for April 2 though, because I want to get "Back to the Grind"...:redneck

Juice16
02-20-2007, 03:52 PM

Thank you. Its about time someone isn't drinking cool aid. I am a die hard Sox fan who happens to agree with Holmes. In fact, with the exception of the people on this board, all my Sox fan friends agree with Holmes. It does not mean we are less fans, nor do I think the rah rahs are less fans because they think Kenny can do no wrong. It's all opinion and feeling. The fact that there is 3 pages of Kenny defending and Holmes bashing is sick. We all are fans and see the trades differently.

rdivaldi
02-20-2007, 04:09 PM
Thank you. Its about time someone isn't drinking cool aid. I am a die hard Sox fan who happens to agree with Holmes. In fact, with the exception of the people on this board, all my Sox fan friends agree with Holmes. It does not mean we are less fans, nor do I think the rah rahs are less fans because they think Kenny can do no wrong. It's all opinion and feeling. The fact that there is 3 pages of Kenny defending and Holmes bashing is sick. We all are fans and see the trades differently.

Your post would have been much more effective if you had re-worded the two above. But you're right on, we all have our disagreements. I think we're all ready to start the games and see what we really have.

spiffie
02-20-2007, 04:20 PM
No, it just means that, as our esteemed board leader West would say, you and your friends are pants-pissing cowards.

Dan Mega
02-20-2007, 04:27 PM

When Holmes comes straight out and guarantees an empty park by mid-season before 1 damn game is played, what do you expect? I just find it funny that there are 3 common groups bashing KW: mediots, propellerheads, and darkclouds.

Juice16
02-20-2007, 05:42 PM
Your post would have been much more effective if you had re-worded the two above. But you're right on, we all have our disagreements. I think we're all ready to start the games and see what we really have.

You are right, I should not have said it like that. It just irritates me that when anyone is not happy with KW trades this offseason, they get blasted.

"No, it just means that, as our esteemed board leader West would say, you and your friends are pants-pissing cowards"

This is just flat out dumb.

"When Holmes comes straight out and guarantees an empty park by mid-season before 1 damn game is played, what do you expect? I just find it funny that there are 3 common groups bashing KW: mediots, propellerheads, and darkclouds."

I don't agree with Holmes on the park not being filled, just about the trades. I do not fit in any of the 3 stupid groups you came up with. I am a fan like the rest of you who cares about this team and just happen to think the trades sucked. This does not mean I am any less a fan.

IndianWhiteSox
02-22-2007, 11:02 AM
I really don't know why we waste so much time responding to what a bunch of mediots say in general. Granted I wasn't able to see what he actually said, but from what I'm reading in these posts, has KW ****ed up in some of his trades? Yes. Has he also discovered the diamonds in the rough? Yes as well. Listen people, regardless of yours or my opinon, this team has fixed the flaws that was the downfall of 2006(backup CF, Backup C, etc.). So when this season starts, this team will be ready to make the playoffs.