PDA

View Full Version : Some People Just Don't Understand...

sox_fan_forever
03-16-2002, 01:08 AM
Okay, at another message board I belong to that has nothing to do with baseball we occasionally do off topic polls and I did one recently asking everyone which was their favorite baseball team. Someone went with the Cubs because she said "I like to root for the underdog". OMG, I feel so sorry for outsiders who think that the Cubs and Wrigely are like some sacred thing. They just don't know. They see ivy on their television screens and think it's great. They see SamMe hit a home run and think that this is baseball. There are too many people in the world that think that the Cubs are the only *underdog*. As we all know, there are only a handful of teams that win all the time and that's because they got the $$$. :angry:

Alright, I just had to vent for a minute. Have a nice day! :gulp:

CubKilla
03-16-2002, 01:26 AM
Anyone who think the Cubune doesn't have influence in Chicago now has proof.

AsInWreck
03-16-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by sox_fan_forever
Someone went with the Cubs because she said "I like to root for the underdog"....
... There are too many people in the world that think that the Cubs are the only *underdog*.

Yeah, if you want to root for an underdog, go for
pittsburgh, tampa bay, montreal, milwaulkee even,
those are underdogs. Just because you suck doesn;t make you an underdog, you should be disadvantaged,too/ i wouldn't say the cubs are in that
boat