PDA

View Full Version : I think I dreamed this last night

thomas35forever
02-19-2007, 04:42 PM
I dreamed that I was at a White Sox game this season and Gene Honda was still introducing the Sox as the "World Series Champion." It's gonna be so depressing not to hear that this year.:whiner:

soxwon
02-19-2007, 06:27 PM
Did Honda leave? When its news to me?
Who's taking his place?

sox1970
02-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Who's taking his place?

....DER

4th Gen. Sox Fan
02-19-2007, 06:30 PM
Who's taking his place?
He's still with the team. I think the original post was being upset over not hearing "World Series Champions" this year, but we will here it for the 2008 season

santo=dorf
02-19-2007, 07:14 PM
Who's taking his place?
I really hate using this tag because I like your posts Soxwon, but come on!
:dumbpeople:

DSpivack
02-19-2007, 10:46 PM
I dreamed that I was at a White Sox game this season and Gene Honda was still introducing the Sox as the "World Series Champion." It's gonna be so depressing not to hear that this year.:whiner:

You dreamed it or you dreamt it?

SoxxoS
02-19-2007, 11:07 PM
I really hate using this tag because I like your posts Soxwon, but come on!
:dumbpeople:

My best contribution to the forum.

stl_sox_fan
02-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Same goes with not seeing the Trophy on all the TV graphics.

Jerko
02-20-2007, 04:57 PM
Same goes with not seeing the Trophy on all the TV graphics.

Or the montage before the games....... AND THE WHITE SOX HAVE WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!

oeo
02-20-2007, 08:16 PM
Or the montage before the games....... AND THE WHITE SOX HAVE WON THE WORLD SERIES!!!!!!!

That can still be in the montage, and I don't see why it wouldn't. That's a big part of the history of the Sox; it shouldn't be removed. Now, the trophy graphic that comes out as that's being said, should be removed, but I see no reason to remove, "And the White Sox have won the World Series!"

thomas35forever
02-20-2007, 08:47 PM
That can still be in the montage, and I don't see why it wouldn't. That's a big part of the history of the Sox; it shouldn't be removed. Now, the trophy graphic that comes out as that's being said, should be removed, but I see no reason to remove, "And the White Sox have won the World Series!"
It could still be in if the montage includes other great radio/TV calls from team history. The bit with all the team artifacts and photos could do that.

oeo
02-20-2007, 09:59 PM
It could still be in if the montage includes other great radio/TV calls from team history. The bit with all the team artifacts and photos could do that.

That shouldn't matter. "And the White Sox win the World Series," says nothing about the Sox being defending champions. It's not the same thing as announcing the team as World Series Champions, or having graphics dedicated to the championship. The whole opening video is about the team history..."And the White Sox win the World Series" caps it off.