PDA

View Full Version : Sox-and-Roll Totally Biased broadcast Sunday.


RedPinStripes
03-15-2002, 10:08 PM
As most of you have heard already, JoeBatters and I have created a Sox radio station.
Sunday will be the 1st broadcast for Sox-and-roll internet radio. We plan to give Sox fans the Sox biased coverage that they've been wanting for years as the cubune and the rest of the flubby and SamMe loving media leave the Sox in the dust.

Sox-and-Roll is affilliated with WSI so you can expect the same biased attitude on the air. There will be a 10 second delay that we cannot control. I' m pretty sure MLB has a much longer delay then that. Sice this is the 1st broadcast and none of us are pro's , we look forward to your feedback so we can improve during the season. You will hear an unsencored broadcast of the game with opinions of true Sox fans that don't have to worry about what sponsors or bosses think (as far as I know for now). Or until we get in trouble. Beside talking as fans , we are going to do our best to cover the game for those of you without access to a tv, and everyone else who is sick of people making bad excuses for bad umpires and bad ball players. We're going to call it as we see it as fans with no holding back.

This Sunday we might have a special guest on the show. "CubsF'nBlow" might drop in and give his thoughts about the Sox and that poor excuse of a team on the North side. There will be other guests over the season from WSI including our graphics guy WinnigUgly and, the mastermind behind WSI. (PaleHoseGeorge). I've talked to WSI's very own redneck Daver about coming on the show too. :D:

Music is played around the clock on Sox-and-Roll.com. We play a variety of tunes. Linkin Park, Metallica, Punk, Classic rock , Pantera, and very little rap.

Your request of music will help us out a lot with play lists. You might have to download a media player to get the station in. For best results, we highly suggest getting the "live365 player it offers you. With a good internet connection and a decently powered pc, the music should sound very clear.

Might be a good idea to have headphones on sunday if you have children around while listenng. :smile:

Check out the site and let me know if you have any trouble getting the station. After the media player is downloaded, it will just automatically pop up when you want to tune into the station next time and you will be connected in no time.

We will be on air Sunday at 1:00 central to give everyone an idea of what we're about and then talk white sox baseball until game time.

Check the link below my signature.

Daver
03-15-2002, 10:20 PM
Can you improve on the garbage you call music?

Call it request number one.:redneck

RedPinStripes
03-15-2002, 10:22 PM
Originally posted by daver
Can you improve on the garbage you call music?

Call it request number one.:redneck

I didn't leave out Ted Nugent, Neil Young , and some other hippy music for you. :D:

Pete_SSAC
03-15-2002, 10:23 PM
Looking for a commentator? Anyone hear of Lewis Black? I've been told I'm a young version of him.

:)

- Pete

RedPinStripes
03-15-2002, 10:29 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC
Looking for a commentator? Anyone hear of Lewis Black? I've been told I'm a young version of him.

:)

- Pete

I'll have to meet up with you at Comiskey. If you're there opening day, I'll talk to you about it then and whoever else is interested in coming on the show some time.

Pete_SSAC
03-15-2002, 10:32 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes


I'll have to meet up with you at Comiskey. If you're there opening day, I'll talk to you about it then and whoever else is interested in coming on the show some time.

Damn, I doubt I'll be there, I hope to be around SOMETIME in April though.

I already got an idea in mind about how painful it is to listen to Chip Carey and that other dorkus that's on the WGN broadcasts that I can't remeber right now.

- Pete

bc2k
03-15-2002, 10:52 PM
I'm impressed with this radio station. What a great idea. During the pre-game show will you take questions from callers?

RedPinStripes
03-15-2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by bc2k
I'm impressed with this radio station. What a great idea. During the pre-game show will you take questions from callers?

Don't have a phone line yet. That's in the plans though and hopefully we can get listeners on the air. For now, we will be accepting emails during the show. SoxAndRoll@hotmail.com

Jerry_Manuel
03-15-2002, 11:05 PM
Originally posted by Pete_SSAC
Anyone hear of Lewis Black? I've been told I'm a young version of him.


Lewis Black is a crazy bastard, but that's what makes him funny.

Pete_SSAC
03-15-2002, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel


Lewis Black is a crazy bastard, but that's what makes him funny.

Damn straight he is :)

- Pete

RedPinStripes
03-16-2002, 12:07 AM
If anyone tries going there tonight, it might be off air because I'm uploading a new playlist, but the site is up and running.

Procol Harum
03-16-2002, 12:27 AM
Originally posted by daver
Can you improve on the garbage you call music?

Call it request number one.:redneck

Preach it! How 'bout some Procol Harum?
:D:

RedPinStripes
03-16-2002, 03:30 AM
Originally posted by Procol Harum


Preach it! How 'bout some Procol Harum?
:D:

Never heard of it? What kind of music is it? I can look fo it.

baggio202
03-16-2002, 04:08 AM
here are my requests....ready :D:

70's punk..how about the ramones, sex pistols, gen x, and the dead kennedys for starters..

80's new wave...missing persons , the plimsouls and souxsie and the banshees

70's rock...early 70's stones...when they got into a alot of jazzy riffs...steely dan, supertramp, yes, emerson lake and palmer, gotta get some ted nugent for daver, some alice cooper,pink floyd,of course...led zep.

80's rock...judas priest, def leppard,john cougar mellencamp,bryan adams,the police

is that enough???? :gulp:

RedPinStripes
03-16-2002, 04:30 AM
I've got most of your request already baggs, and looking for the rest now. Sex pistols and ramones are on the playlist now.

baggio202
03-16-2002, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
I've got most of your request already baggs, and looking for the rest now. Sex pistols and ramones are on the playlist now.

you guys are awesome...let me know if you still want me as a guest ...id love to come on the air and rip kenny williams anew one :angry:

Kilroy
03-16-2002, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
As most of you have heard already, JoeBatters and I have created a Sox radio station.

That's a damn cool idea.

pearso66
03-16-2002, 09:46 AM
as a request, anything by aerosmith.

also can this radio broadcast be found on this website, or must we go to yours?

HawkDJ
03-16-2002, 11:04 AM
I think this is a good idea for those who can't watch the games on TV, but personally, no offense, I don't think I would ever listen to it because I can just turn on my TV and watch Hawk and DJ. Obviously by my name, I love them. Are you guys going to do Sox talk shows? That I would listen to.

Daver
03-16-2002, 11:21 AM
Originally posted by pearso66
as a request, anything by aerosmith.

also can this radio broadcast be found on this website, or must we go to yours?

There will be a link on the WSI main page.:redneck

CubKilla
03-16-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
I think this is a good idea for those who can't watch the games on TV, but personally, no offense, I don't think I would ever listen to it because I can just turn on my TV and watch Hawk and DJ. Obviously by my name, I love them. Are you guys going to do Sox talk shows? That I would listen to.

I see what you are saying. But I lost all respect for Harrelson in '97 when he opened the broadcast after the "white flag trade" and said that it would be good for the White Sox. Hawk showed that day that he is no different than Chimp Carey when it comes to defending every assinine thing this organization does. Hawk is a tool.

The radio station will be run by die-hard Sox fans who will speak FOR the Sox fan AND NOT for the organization. I like the idea. It may also bring together more Sox fans from around the nation that do not know of WSI.

HawkDJ
03-16-2002, 11:49 AM
Originally posted by CubsF'nBlow


I see what you are saying. But I lost all respect for Harrelson in '97 when he opened the broadcast after the "white flag trade" and said that it would be good for the White Sox. Hawk showed that day that he is no different than Chimp Carey when it comes to defending every assinine thing this organization does. Hawk is a tool.

The radio station will be run by die-hard Sox fans who will speak FOR the Sox fan AND NOT for the organization. I like the idea. It may also bring together more Sox fans from around the nation that do not know of WSI.

Hawk and Chimp and all other broadcasters have to say all good things about the organization. That is what they are payed for. If they just go on and start saying how stupid KW is and how stupid JM is and how the Sox are going to bad, I'm sure that wouldn't go well upstairs.

Honestly if it weren't for Hawk and DJ(or at the time Hawk and Wimpy), I'm not so sure I would even like the Sox. Baseball is a pretty boring sport to watch if you are not at the game. What makes it fun, unless there is alot of scoring, is the broadcasters. Hawk and DJ are very good at what they do and make it fun. Just by listening to some radio broadcasts this spring I know more than ever how much I apreciate Hawk and DJ. I just wouldn't want to listen to Sox-and-Roll and hear constant complaints about Royce, KW, JM, Howry and anything else that is not perfect with the Sox.

Now I'm not flaming you or this radio station or anyone else who wants to listen. I'm just saying what I prefer and I can understand how you can prefer something else.

WinningUgly!
03-16-2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
I think this is a good idea for those who can't watch the games on TV, but personally, no offense, I don't think I would ever listen to it because I can just turn on my TV and watch Hawk and DJ. Obviously by my name, I love them. Are you guys going to do Sox talk shows? That I would listen to.

Ok, I can understand someone saying they enjoy Hawk. I'm a big Hawk fan myself, but DJ? Watching a White Sox game because of Darrin Jackson being in the booth is just like watching Baywatch because you can't get enough of David Hasselhoff's acting.

longshot7
03-16-2002, 12:34 PM
Hey RPS, love the Maiden references. I'm a huge fan.

Up the Irons!!!

Paulwny
03-16-2002, 02:32 PM
Do you guys want to fly me in and out, pay for the hotel and I'll be the 1st out of town mystery guest?

RedPinStripes
03-16-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2


Hawk and Chimp and all other broadcasters have to say all good things about the organization. That is what they are payed for. If they just go on and start saying how stupid KW is and how stupid JM is and how the Sox are going to bad, I'm sure that wouldn't go well upstairs.

Honestly if it weren't for Hawk and DJ(or at the time Hawk and Wimpy), I'm not so sure I would even like the Sox. Baseball is a pretty boring sport to watch if you are not at the game. What makes it fun, unless there is alot of scoring, is the broadcasters. Hawk and DJ are very good at what they do and make it fun. Just by listening to some radio broadcasts this spring I know more than ever how much I apreciate Hawk and DJ. I just wouldn't want to listen to Sox-and-Roll and hear constant complaints about Royce, KW, JM, Howry and anything else that is not perfect with the Sox.

Now I'm not flaming you or this radio station or anyone else who wants to listen. I'm just saying what I prefer and I can understand how you can prefer something else.


Hawk and DJ are the reason we wanted to start this. If tom patorick were still there, I might not be pushing a site like this. I understand where you're coming from though. Sox and roll is not for everyone and may get brutal like the boards do, but we are going to do our best to cover a good game and not bash players and management. When someone deserves a shot, they'll get it just like any fan would give it to them. Will wiill have a talk show tomorrow an hour before the game. We're going on air at 1:00 Central.

RedPinStripes
03-16-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
Do you guys want to fly me in and out, pay for the hotel and I'll be the 1st out of town mystery guest?


yeah, we're just rollin in the dough. lol

RedPinStripes
03-16-2002, 06:56 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2


Hawk and Chimp and all other broadcasters have to say all good things about the organization. That is what they are payed for. If they just go on and start saying how stupid KW is and how stupid JM is and how the Sox are going to bad, I'm sure that wouldn't go well upstairs.



I don't have to worry about the guy upstairs and don't care what they think. that's the beauty of this.

Pete Ward
03-16-2002, 07:19 PM
A request for the Sox version of Casey Kasum...

I'd like to hear... Talkin' Baseball (Sox version)!

Then, play some Zeplin!

Thanks ; )

RedPinStripes
03-16-2002, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by Pete Ward
A request for the Sox version of Casey Kasum...

I'd like to hear... Talkin' Baseball (Sox version)!

Then, play some Zeplin!

Thanks ; )

Until I know all the new email addresses are working right on the site..email requests to soxandroll@hotmail.com I'll try to get all of tehm in tomorrow before we go on air.

HawkDJ
03-16-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes


I don't have to worry about the guy upstairs and don't care what they think. that's the beauty of this.

Some people like hearing all good things about their team all day instead of all bad things, and that is probably what is going to happen since I know Sox fans have alot of complaints.

RedPinStripes
03-16-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2


Some people like hearing all good things about their team all day instead of all bad things, and that is probably what is going to happen since I know Sox fans have alot of complaints.

We just speak the truth. that 's it.

HawkDJ
03-16-2002, 08:12 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes


We just speak the truth. that 's it.

Thats fine and if that is what people want to hear then good for you and good for them. Everyone gets what they want. I think I hear enough negativity about the Sox by just visiting this site.

When people say that Royce Clayton is a bad player and they say they would rather have a bag of rice then him or something like that, that is not the truth. It is a mixture of his bad attidute and his bad start that makes you want to only highlight is bad parts. He is a good player that just wants to win. I'll probably get flamed for that but oh well.

FarWestChicago
03-16-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2


Thats fine and if that is what people want to hear then good for you and good for them. Everyone gets what they want. I think I hear enough negativity about the Sox by just visiting this site. If it's any consolation, most people are picking the Sox to win the division. Just check the predictions. :smile:

Jerry_Manuel
03-16-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
I think I hear enough negativity about the Sox by just visiting this site.

You may call it negativity, but the truth hurts.

Jerry_Manuel
03-16-2002, 08:20 PM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
If it's any consolation, most people are picking the Sox to win the division. Just check the predictions. :smile:

I can't believe someone picked them to finish 3rd. There is no way they are worse then the Jndjans. I'm surprised that I wasn't the only one to pick 2nd place.

Go Twins!!! :smile:

RedPinStripes
03-16-2002, 08:21 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2


Thats fine and if that is what people want to hear then good for you and good for them. Everyone gets what they want. I think I hear enough negativity about the Sox by just visiting this site.

When people say that Royce Clayton is a bad player and they say they would rather have a bag of rice then him or something like that, that is not the truth. It is a mixture of his bad attidute and his bad start that makes you want to only highlight is bad parts. He is a good player that just wants to win. I'll probably get flamed for that but oh well.

It's not going to be a bash fest, but i can understand why you wouldn't want to listen if DJ is your guy. :smile: We are positive, but skeptical and we are not going to pry on royce because I am getting real sick of the whole topic myself. If you'd rather hear chimp and mo tomorrow, that's you're choice.