PDA

View Full Version : Gotta love that AJ: On Big Z

caulfield12
02-18-2007, 07:12 AM
TAKE TWO: Any rift between Cubs pitcher Carlos Zambrano and Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski that stemmed from last year's heated crosstown series was put to rest last week when the two spent the day together shooting a McDonald's commercial.
''It was fun,'' Pierzynski said. ''I spent like eight hours with him.''
As far as baseball talk, that was kept to a minimum. ''We talked about normal stuff,'' Pierzynski said. ''I wished him luck in his arbitration case and told him to get the Cubs for every penny he could.''
from suntimes.com

JUribe1989
02-18-2007, 09:08 PM
Glad to see there is no bad blood. It's comical how much baseball player's can be complete wusses and hold career long grudges whereas in hockey, basketball, and football guys trash talk and get in fights like it's nothing, and very few grudges are held. In baseball, if AJ walks in front of the pitcher after a groundout it is considered bad etiquette. It's ridiculous

AJ Hellraiser
02-18-2007, 09:16 PM
AJ being AJ... gotta love the guy!

Whitesox029
02-18-2007, 09:18 PM
TAKE TWO: Any rift between Cubs pitcher Carlos Zambrano and Sox catcher A.J. Pierzynski that stemmed from last year's heated crosstown series was put to rest last week when the two spent the day together shooting a McDonald's commercial.
As far as baseball talk, that was kept to a minimum. ''We talked about normal stuff,'' Pierzynski said. ''I wished him luck in his arbitration case and told him to get the Cubs for every penny he could.''
from suntimes.com
:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:
I hope AJ never leaves the Sox because then I'd probably end up hating him again.

chisoxfanatic
02-18-2007, 09:29 PM
from suntimes.com

Are these gonna be the same McDonald's commercials as Bobby Jenks was in last year?

goon
02-18-2007, 09:30 PM
I hope AJ never leaves the Sox because then I'd probably end up hating him again.

after having aj play for us and seeing how much of a gamer he is, it's easy to appreciate these type of moments. it's like rodman all over again.

Dan Mega
02-18-2007, 09:31 PM
Are these gonna be the same McDonald's commercials as Bobby Jenks was in last year?

Where he woke up the Cubs fan and Pierre woke up the Sox fan? Those made me chuckle.

MincHiaPettito
02-18-2007, 09:54 PM
Its hard to top the one with Sosa and the taco stand

Jerksticks
02-18-2007, 10:21 PM

Didn't AJ sign a three year deal? Isn't 2007 year three? I'm not Captain Contract or anything so I don't know these stats. I think AJ loves it here and loves playin for Ozzie. I think he also likes being part of a crosstown rivalry. That said, I don't see him ever wanting to leave Chicago- ever.

oeo
02-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Didn't AJ sign a three year deal? Isn't 2007 year three? I'm not Captain Contract or anything so I don't know these stats. I think AJ loves it here and loves playin for Ozzie. I think he also likes being part of a crosstown rivalry. That said, I don't see him ever wanting to leave Chicago- ever.

He signed a 3-year extension in the offseason last year, so he's in year two of that. I think his first contract was only a 1 year.

itsnotrequired
02-18-2007, 10:34 PM
He signed a 3-year extension in the offseason last year, so he's in year two of that. I think his first contract was only a 1 year.

Correct. One year deal in 2005, three year extension after the WS win. He is signed through 2008.

vegyrex
02-19-2007, 11:52 AM

Not me. I'm an AJ fan for life. :smile:

chaerulez
02-19-2007, 04:33 PM
Hopefully this leads to the Sox signing Zambrano in the next offseason.

And for those who think that statement should be in teal, look past your Cub hate and look at the man's stats. Yes, I know he pitches in the NL, but he is still one of the best.

MincHiaPettito
02-19-2007, 04:36 PM
Hopefully this leads to the Sox signing Zambrano in the next offseason.

And for those who think that statement should be in teal, look past your Cub hate and look at the man\'s stats. Yes, I know he pitches in the NL, but he is still one of the best.

I will not point you to teal, but a color with a similar hue!