PDA

View Full Version : I can see it now, Cubs offer Cooper $5 million per season!

caulfield12
02-18-2007, 06:58 AM
after this article...nice to read something that makes you feel good about the team. Jenks appears to be in good shape this time around, from the pictures that are up from the Trib website.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-070217sox,1,6541238.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

Frater Perdurabo
02-18-2007, 08:21 AM
Good article.

Just to address the thread title though - losing Cooper would be a major blow to the Sox. However, just remember how many highly-touted managers have failed with the Cubs. No manager or pitching coach can turn around a culture of losing. A culture of acceptance of losing. A culture of celebrating losing.

:rolleyes:

Parrothead
02-18-2007, 01:08 PM
What I don't get is why is Coop getting all the credit for the pitching but none of blame for the pitching last year? He did not do much last year for the staff. With that being said I do think he is a good pitching coach.

soxwon
02-18-2007, 01:14 PM
would you really think coop would go to the Cubs?
He has to have more pride than that, he knows the sox despise the cubs.
if he accepts the money, he's as bad as any other money hungry guy.
I dont think he is.

my mistake- i didnt read the article before i spoke.
I thought the cubs offered him $, that would be tampering.
He aint going nowhere, and not after we win the series again-especially.

DumpJerry
02-18-2007, 01:59 PM
Now this thread is where it belongs.

caulfield12
02-18-2007, 02:25 PM
This is one of only a handful or articles this season that could have conceivably been written by Reifert, Brooks Boyer or Merkin.

Almost a puff piece. It's funny, because now both newspapers have written these articles about our pen and Cooper. And yet very few are writing articles about the questions surrounding Contreras and Vazquez coming into this year.