PDA

View Full Version : Dollar Dog Thursdays this year?

KenBerryGrab
02-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Haven't seen the list of promotions anywhere. Is Dollar Dog Thursday still happening? Nothing like a $2.50 kosher dog "with"!

DumpJerry
02-16-2007, 04:53 PM
They gone.:whiner:

Instead, the Sox will sell the non-Kosher dogs at a discount for one hour before the game on Thursdays. It was announced at Soxfest.

itsnotrequired
02-16-2007, 05:01 PM
They gone.:whiner:

Instead, the Sox will sell the non-Kosher dogs at a discount for one hour before the game on Thursdays. It was announced at Soxfest.

I thought it was one hour into the game?

crazyozzie02
02-16-2007, 05:29 PM
i thought that it was the first 1/2 hour that the gates were open

nasox
02-16-2007, 05:44 PM
i thought that it was the first 1/2 hour that the gates were open

Nothing like "I thought it was" to stir WSI into a frenzy.

salty99
02-16-2007, 05:56 PM
It's the first hour after the gates are open.

BainesHOF
02-16-2007, 07:03 PM
Nothing like a promotion that ends before most people even arrive at the park.

Jerko
02-16-2007, 07:15 PM

It serves a 2-fold purpose. They won't have to sell as many dogs at a "loss" and the people that DO get there early will have more time to pay full price for everything else.

skobabe8
02-16-2007, 07:15 PM

If this is any motivation to get peoples butts in the seats before the first pitch, im all for it.

esbrechtel
02-16-2007, 07:19 PM
no discount on koshers? :whiner:

The Critic
02-16-2007, 08:40 PM
I liked Dollar Dog Thursdays.
I never overdid it, usually only had two, but it was nice to have a 2-dollar lunch at the ballpark. (I usually went to the Thursday afternoon games with my daughter)

FedEx227
02-16-2007, 09:01 PM
If this is any motivation to get peoples butts in the seats before the first pitch, im all for it.

Co-sign. There's not much worse then morons peddling themselves in at the 3rd inning, then getting up every half inning and its ALWAYS the same people.

I liked Dollar Dog Thursdays.
I never overdid it, usually only had two

What kind of American are you?

The Critic
02-16-2007, 10:22 PM
What kind of American are you?

Trust me, if belly fat is the criteria, I am QUITE the American!!!
:D:
...no teal whatsoever...

I just have to TRY sometimes to control my gluttonous urges...

I want Mags back
02-16-2007, 10:43 PM
from the back of the '07 pocket schedule Ball Park Double Play - Get two Ball Park hot dogs for the price of one at All- Star concession stands for the first hour after the gates open at every home game

there u have it.

so my question, is how long prior to games do the gates open? If they open 1 hour ahead, then the deal would apply until the first pitch

Brian26
02-16-2007, 10:44 PM
It's the first hour after the gates are open.

And it is everyday, not just Thursdays.

I'm disappointed about the Koshers though. It was nice to get two Kosher's and a soda for a reasonable six dollars on Thursdays last season.

jabrch
02-16-2007, 11:32 PM
That just means I'll have to buy 2 polishes from the hotdog lady on 38th and Wallace instead of just one!

thomas35forever
02-16-2007, 11:42 PM
Wow, too bad. I really loved them. Why must this happen? The kosher dogs are the most delicious hot dogs you'll ever have.

RadioheadRocks
02-16-2007, 11:56 PM
I loved my Dollar Dogs (sniff)... guess I'll just have to make it a point to get there when the gates open when I attend Thursday night games (it's not like I haven't done that already, but...)

IlliniSox4Life
02-17-2007, 12:08 AM
Gates Open
What time do the gates open for games?
The U.S. Cellular Field gates open 90 minutes prior to game time, unless otherwise noted.
So this means you can buy them 2 for 1 up to 30 minutes before the game starts.

Thats not that bad, and since it's every game it will be a lot nicer being able to get some cheaper food at the park. Unfortunately, I know if this happens I'll probably get hungry again right around the 7th inning.

edit: Also, I forgot, how much is a hotdog usually? $2.50 or $3.00? It's kind of disapointing Koshers aren't included. There is NOTHING better than a Kosher w/ onions and mustard.

BainesHOF
02-17-2007, 03:15 AM

Why would you think this will get more people in their seats before the first pitch? The people who come to the game late aren't going to show up early for a discount on a dog.

skobabe8
02-17-2007, 04:34 AM
Why would you think this will get more people in their seats before the first pitch? The people who come to the game late aren't going to show up early for a discount on a dog.

If this gives 1 single human incentive to get to the game early i'll be happy. Point is, I'm sick and tired of people walking in front of me arriving at their seats in the 2nd and 3rd innings.

soxfan80
02-17-2007, 06:47 AM
It serves a 2-fold purpose. They won't have to sell as many dogs at a "loss" and the people that DO get there early will have more time to pay full price for everything else.If there is a sponsor, are they truly selling at a loss?

I'll miss the $2.50 kosher dog.

soxfan80
02-17-2007, 06:48 AM
That just means I'll have to buy 2 polishes from the hotdog lady on 38th and Wallace instead of just one!There's a hot dog lady at 38th and Wallace?

jabrch
02-17-2007, 11:59 AM
There's a hot dog lady at 38th and Wallace?

Yes - Unless I have the wrong interesection...She's 1 block east of Shinnicks, working out of her garage with a cart. Very good dogs, reasonably priced. Polish is good. Only problem is it's boiled not grilled, which is a huge minus.

In any case, losing Dollar Dog Thursdays is a bummer, but that was too good a deal to last forever. I hope they find a way to reincarnate it somehow, even if it is only once a month, they sell it like the 7:11 deal or if they raise the price up a bit.

Frontman
02-17-2007, 06:44 PM
If this gives 1 single human incentive to get to the game early i'll be happy. Point is, I'm sick and tired of people walking in front of me arriving at their seats in the 2nd and 3rd innings.

Hell, I get aggravated at them walking past me during the scoreboard montage. Get in your damn seat already!

Front

comiskey2000
02-17-2007, 07:25 PM
Hell, I get aggravated at them walking past me during the scoreboard montage. Get in your damn seat already!

Front

Always seems like the people that come in the second inning 1) Don't have much idea what is going on in the game and 2) Leave in the seventh to do something 'better.'

Timmy D's
02-17-2007, 08:09 PM
That's upsetting to me.:(: I considered $1 Thursday a marathon of sorts, ya pace yourself, and kinda put down 4-6 or so dogs during the game. Now it's gonna be a sprint before the game. Maybe I'll treat it like an open bar right before dinner is served at a wedding and they close for an hour, and ya have to get like 4 beers to bring back to your table, to get ya through the dark hour.
:rolleyes: :bandance: :gulp: :gulp:

WizardsofOzzie
02-17-2007, 08:17 PM

Front
I'm glad im not the only one who MUST see the montage every game. If i miss it, I'm pissed!

Holy WS Batman!
02-17-2007, 10:04 PM
That's upsetting to me.:(: I considered $1 Thursday a marathon of sorts, ya pace yourself, and kinda put down 4-6 or so dogs during the game. Now it's gonna be a sprint before the game. Maybe I'll treat it like an open bar right before dinner is served at a wedding and they close for an hour, and ya have to get like 4 beers to bring back to your table, to get ya through the dark hour.
:rolleyes: :bandance: :gulp: :gulp:

Eh, sprinting isn't gonna be worth it. Just hit up Maxwell Street or O'Malley's on your walk to the park and it'll hold ya til at least 5th inning.

soxfan80
02-18-2007, 03:54 AM
Yes - Unless I have the wrong interesection...She's 1 block east of Shinnicks, working out of her garage with a cart. Very good dogs, reasonably priced. Polish is good. Only problem is it's boiled not grilled, which is a huge minus.

In any case, losing Dollar Dog Thursdays is a bummer, but that was too good a deal to last forever. I hope they find a way to reincarnate it somehow, even if it is only once a month, they sell it like the 7:11 deal or if they raise the price up a bit.Ok. I know which one you're talking about.
The guy that used to sell on 37th and Parnell boiled his dogs/polishes too, but when you're paying 1.50 for a polish, who cares? My brother loved getting his Tom-Toms and taking them to the park.

beebee richards
02-19-2007, 09:37 PM
That just means I'll have to buy 2 polishes from the hotdog lady on 38th and Wallace instead of just one!

I beleive her name is Bev and she's been selling those dogs for years!!

FedEx227
02-19-2007, 09:44 PM
I'm glad im not the only one who MUST see the montage every game. If i miss it, I'm pissed!

Yeah I missed it for one game in 2005 and we pretty pissed the entire game.