PDA

View Full Version : pot calling the kettle black

Fenway
02-16-2007, 12:42 PM
and people in Chicago think the moron is bad

Dan Shaughnessey is complaining today about media generated hype (http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2007/02/16/with_japanese_star_weve_seen_it_all/).

You think Matsuzaka's getting too much media attention? Write about something else then. Or as Dan Shaughnessy Watch puts it (http://danshaughnessy.blogspot.com/2007/02/bemoaning-beast.html):

In the spirit of Shank himself, let me begin by stating the obvious. Dan Shaughnessy is a columnist. Columnists, unlike traditional reporters, are given much latitude. They can speculate; they can use humor; they can inject personal opinion. When you read a column, the expectation is that you will be treated to a unique insight or be told a story that you have not heard multiple times elsewhere. Let me end this paragraph by stating the obvious. Dan Shaughnessy fails as a columnist. ...

RedHeadPaleHoser
02-16-2007, 02:06 PM
Maybe he's all pissed because he can't get an interview with the new phenom in Boston.

ewokpelts
02-16-2007, 02:09 PM
the guy MADE UP A "CURSE" TO SELL BOOKS!

**** that ass****

Fenway
02-16-2007, 02:10 PM
Maybe he's all pissed because he can't get an interview with the new phenom in Boston.

You have no idea how much this columnist is hated by Bostonians.

Shaughnessey now does a political show on talk radio with Mike Barnicle :?:
He thinks he is another Mitch Albom

Bob Ryan is beloved

RedHeadPaleHoser
02-16-2007, 04:57 PM
You have no idea how much this columnist is hated by Bostonians.

Shaughnessey now does a political show on talk radio with Mike Barnicle :?:
He thinks he is another Mitch Albom

Bob Ryan is beloved

Then maybe he's trying to be Jay Jr and start **** because he needs his time in the spotlight.

Whatever happened to these guys reporting, oh, I don't know, SPORTS? If I want an Op/Ed piece, I'll read the commentary section.

Fenway
02-16-2007, 09:26 PM
Then maybe he's trying to be Jay Jr and start **** because he needs his time in the spotlight.

Whatever happened to these guys reporting, oh, I don't know, SPORTS? If I want an Op/Ed piece, I'll read the commentary section.

Amen Lupica has really been going nuts lately in the Daily News.

Mixing politics and sports was common with sports columnists in the 40's and 50's and then thankfully they got away from that but now it looks like it is creeping back the other way.