PDA

View Full Version : The Body steps in

Daver
03-15-2002, 05:43 PM
To help out the Twins in getting a new stadium (http://www.sportingnews.com/baseball/articles/20020315/390339.html)

czalgosz
03-15-2002, 05:46 PM
Seems like a fair plan to me. Although if I were the Body, I'd tell Pohlad to shove his stadium. Blackmail doesn't go over well with me.

Paulwny
03-15-2002, 05:49 PM
"The money would come from a $2 per-ticket tax, a parking surcharge, new taxes on Metrodome events, the sports merchandise surcharge, a rental fee on media organizations that cover the games, a $1 per car tax on automobile rentals in the host city, and up to a 3 percent tax on liquor, entertainment or food in the host city"

They forgot the lavatory tax.

Nellie_Fox
03-16-2002, 03:05 AM
Both Jesse's plan and the legislature's plan require the Twins to fork up some serious up-front money, which Pohlad doesn't want to do. He expects the state to just buy him a new ballpark.

Everyone is forgetting that they have a buyer who has stated that he will build the new ballpark with private funds. Pohlad is ignoring him for now hoping that the taxpayers will buy him and his millionaire ballplayers a new park and he can then keep the team for his son.

RedPinStripes
03-16-2002, 03:13 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
Both Jesse's plan and the legislature's plan require the Twins to fork up some serious up-front money, which Pohlad doesn't want to do. He expects the state to just buy him a new ballpark.

:reinsy

"Try it sometime..It worked for me. Just threaten to move the team or in this case, let bud have it. You'll get a stadium. "