PDA

View Full Version : Following games are SOLD OUT...

chisoxmike
02-15-2007, 04:21 PM
Per whitesox.com press release

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20070215&content_id=1802944&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Monday, April 2 vs. Cleveland (Opening Day)
Saturday, May 12 vs. Kansas City
Friday, June 22 vs. Cubs
Saturday, June 23 vs. Cubs
Sunday, June 24 vs. Cubs
Friday, August 10 vs. Seattle (Elvis Night)
Sunday, August 12 vs. Seattle
Sunday, September 9 vs. Minnesota

Also, for those of you who said "there is no doubt tickets will be sold at the box office on Friday...Tickets will not be sold at the U.S. Cellular Field box office on Friday, February 16.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-15-2007, 04:26 PM
What's up with the Sunday game vs. Seattle being sold out?

Cat Thief
02-15-2007, 04:27 PM
What's up with September 9th?

Mr.1Dog

Clinch night.:cool: :bandance: :gulp:

Jerko
Elvis night must have JUST sold out. I just got an upper for that game about 3 minutes before this thread opened. Also, opening NFL Sunday sold out already??

DiGiSyKo
What's up with the Sunday game vs. Seattle being sold out?

Kids Day?

WhiteSoxFan84
02-15-2007, 04:28 PM

My guess is; last game of the year vs. Minnesota, a lot of people might expect it to be a very crucial series that whole weekend.

Scottiehaswheels
hell, whats up with may 12th?

Law11
Just went online for the "pre-sale" Man trying to score a seat downstairs for any game Fri-Sun is a real effort..

Grabbed a pair for a Sept game vs the Tigers downstairs.
I'm goin the route of folks I work with giving me tickets this year for nothing.

I went to 6-7 games in choice seats and suites just by chance last year.
Hoping the same thing falls into my lap this year.

Good to see the crowds will be in full effect again this season..

WhiteSoxFan84
02-15-2007, 04:29 PM
Kids Day?

You're absolutely right. Thanks. I just thought he'd mention a promotion if there was one since he got Elvis Night. Mullet Night hasn't sold out yet?? :redneck

infohawk
02-15-2007, 04:29 PM
How about May 12 against Kansas City being sold out? Must be Ross Gload Appreciation Night.

Mr.1Dog
02-15-2007, 04:30 PM
You're absolutely right. Thanks. I just thought he'd mention a promotion if there was one since he got Elvis Night. Mullet Night hasn't sold out yet?? :redneck

I thought they were doing away with mullet night.

Jerko
02-15-2007, 04:30 PM
Clinch night.:cool: :bandance: :gulp:

Where's our confidence? We all know the 8th is gonna be clinch night.

02-15-2007, 04:31 PM
I know its Sat night, but the KC game? Already?? Is the return of Ross in that high demand?

WhiteSoxFan84
02-15-2007, 04:31 PM
hell, whats up with may 12th?

It's "Gil Meche will reach into his newly acquired, deep pockets and give 100 lucky fans $110,000 Night". He's giving away a year's worth of pay!

itsnotrequired
02-15-2007, 04:33 PM
How about May 12 against Kansas City being sold out? Must be Ross Gload Appreciation Night.

I know its Sat night, but the KC game? Already?? Is the return of Ross in that high demand?

My guess is a large group has already grabbed thousands of tickets. Something like the Boy Scouts. Same thing happened last year.

Scottiehaswheels
It's "Gil Meche will reach into his newly acquired, deep pockets and give 100 lucky fans $110,000 Night". He's giving away a year's worth of pay!lol prolly just the fact that its Gil Meche pitching and everyone loves to see us win

DiGiSyKo

I had to look up May 12 and Aug 12... I was curious myself.

spiffie
02-15-2007, 04:34 PM
I would expect that some of those games will have tickets come available later in the year. I know many of them are still being held for plans/groups. I know I was just offered a 20-seat group for Elvis Night (I passed due to the location being terrible), and Ozzie plans can still get some of these games, and they still have split and full-season plans available.

So while Ewokpelts and his certainty that tickets for these games will go on sale tomorrow may be unjustified, there may still be chances to get these games as the weeks and months go by.

itsnotrequired
02-15-2007, 04:36 PM
I would expect that some of those games will have tickets come available later in the year. I know many of them are still being held for plans/groups. I know I was just offered a 20-seat group for Elvis Night (I passed due to the location being terrible), and Ozzie plans can still get some of these games, and they still have split and full-season plans available.

So while Ewokpelts and his certainty that tickets for these games will go on sale tomorrow may be unjustified, there may still be chances to get these games as the weeks and months go by.

There are a handful of tickets released close to damn near every game. Leftover group seats, VIP seats, etc. It varies from game-to-game and is a bit of a guess.

Cat Thief
02-15-2007, 04:36 PM
I got a guy who is selling a pair of scouts for Aug 12 at face value. $210 each.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-15-2007, 04:41 PM
WSI Army Assemble!

Let's all purchase like 20 tickets to the most randomest game and make it a sellout just for the sake of baffling people that don't know what happened. I nominate Tuesday April 17th vs. the Texas Rangers. If anyone asks you why you have 20 tickets, tell them you are excited about the return of Sammy Sosa and you feel as though he is not guilty of anything except stealing America's heart in the summer of 1998.

As for how we'll pay for the tickets...... We'll all attend "Gil Meche will reach into his newly acquired, deep pockets and give 100 lucky fans $110,000 Night" and one of us HAS to win!

Scottiehaswheels
02-15-2007, 04:43 PM
I got a guy who is selling a pair of scouts for Aug 12 at face value. $210 each.I might be interested in other games closer to the game... Mr Roboto and I had a blast in those for one game last year...

Scottiehaswheels
02-15-2007, 04:44 PM
Tuesday April 17th vs. the Texas Rangers.
Not so random... For all the BMAC lovers out there that will be the game he's scheduled to give up 5-6 homers to us... as long as he remains the #3 starter for Texas that is

Cat Thief
02-15-2007, 04:45 PM
I might be interested in other games closer to the game... Mr Roboto and I had a blast in those for one game last year...

Wife and I had scouts once last year, man what a good time. I already commited to April 5th from this guy. He actually has 2 more for this day. He's all good. Scout seats at face value? Bring it on.

INSox56
02-15-2007, 04:46 PM
That May KC game sellout is pretty humorous. :?:

Uncle_Patrick
02-15-2007, 04:47 PM
I looked that one up and it says its Mother's Day/Kids Day. I figure a lot of people are planning on bringing their mom's to the game. Or, they're trying to avoid her that day.

DiGiSyKo
02-15-2007, 04:48 PM

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=5170&d=1171575493

WhiteSoxFan84
02-15-2007, 04:50 PM
I looked that one up and it says its Mother's Day/Kids Day. I figure a lot of people are planning on bringing their mom's to the game. Or, they're trying to avoid her that day.

:rolling:

good stuff

ssirish317
02-15-2007, 04:55 PM
I never received an e-mail with my presale passcode and I've had no luck in getting one sent. Anyone else not get the email??? Is this not for all registered whitesox.com users?

If a kind soul out there possibly send me a PM that might or might not contain a passcode, it would be greatly appreciated.

WizardsofOzzie
Not so random... For all the Fingernails on a blackboard lovers out there that will be the game he's scheduled to give up 5-6 homers to us... as long as he remains the #3 starter for Texas that is
As well as a possible chance to see Corky :redneck

Jaffar

Actually may 12th is a fireworks night and may 13th is kids day-mothers day. I scored tickets to it and will be attending with my new wife and the first Sox game for our 2 1/2 yr old son. The may 13th game that is(I even got him his own ticket).

DiGiSyKo
02-15-2007, 04:56 PM
I never received an e-mail with my presale passcode and I've had no luck in getting one sent. Anyone else not get the email??? Is this not for all registered whitesox.com users?

If a kind soul out there possibly send me a PM that might or might not contain a passcode, it would be greatly appreciated.

Ask Fenway.:smile:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=84204

Scottiehaswheels
02-15-2007, 05:00 PM

If a kind soul out there possibly send me a PM that might or might not contain a passcode, it would be greatly appreciated.SOXFAN

WhiteSoxFan84
02-15-2007, 05:09 PM
Do you guys think there will be more tickets available tomorrow when the public sale starts than there is today? I'm off of school and work tomorrow and would love to sleep in but I was thinking about getting up at 10 to see if there will be more tickets available to games that are "sold out" or that only have UD seats available.

What do you guys think?

Bruizer
02-15-2007, 05:15 PM

Yeah, the announcement just says individual-game tickets are not available for those dates. If you check the Ozzie plan or any season ticket plan right now, you can still get several seats together at those games.

Bru

Scottiehaswheels
02-15-2007, 05:18 PM
Do you guys think there will be more tickets available tomorrow when the public sale starts than there is today? I'm off of school and work tomorrow and would love to sleep in but I was thinking about getting up at 10 to see if there will be more tickets available to games that are "sold out" or that only have UD seats available.

What do you guys think?Probably not... I don't think they did last year... check again when they discontinue the season ticket plans and you may be in luck but they may hold them until the week or so prior to the game

Foulke You
02-15-2007, 05:26 PM
Per whitesox.com press release

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20070215&content_id=1802944&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

Also, for those of you who said "there is no doubt tickets will be sold at the box office on Friday...

I miss being able to go to the box office on the first day tix went on sale. For starters, it was a hell of a lot cheaper. For four games purchased today during the pre-sale, Ticketmaster charged me $60+ "convenience" fees. I could have gone to another game for that price!

Plus, I miss having an excuse to go to the ballpark during a February day. It was fun to be able to talk baseball with a bunch of other Sox fans waiting in line hoping to score good seats to Opening Day, the Cubs series, or the Yankees series.

Lastly, I just hate Ticketmaster in general because they are greedy bastards that take advantage of the monopoly they've created. However, that is the topic of another thread.

cheezheadsoxfan
02-15-2007, 05:49 PM
Lastly, I just hate Ticketmaster in general because they are greedy bastards that take advantage of the monopoly they've created. However, that is the topic of another thread.

:yup:

WizardsofOzzie
02-15-2007, 05:52 PM
I miss being able to go to the box office on the first day tix went on sale. For starters, it was a hell of a lot cheaper. For four games purchased today during the pre-sale, Ticketmaster charged me $60+ "convenience" fees. I could have gone to another game for that price!

Plus, I miss having an excuse to go to the ballpark during a February day. It was fun to be able to talk baseball with a bunch of other Sox fans waiting in line hoping to score good seats to Opening Day, the Cubs series, or the Yankees series.

YOWZA!! :o:

chaerulez
02-15-2007, 05:58 PM

I once made a thread about TM and how for a pair of 20 dollar concert tickets, I paid almost 20 in fees/charges. I hate them too. Yet, I really had no choice if I wanted to take advantage of this presale.

SouthSide_HitMen
02-15-2007, 09:18 PM
Also, for those of you who said "there is no doubt tickets will be sold at the box office on Friday...

People looking to avoid TM fees may purchase tickets directly at the US Cellular Box Office beginning at 10 am on Saturday, February 17th.

NON-GAMEDAY Box Office Hours:
Monday-Friday 10 a.m.-6 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday 10 a.m.-4 p.m.

If you are not looking for the Red Sox or Yankees series or a few of the summer weekend games, you will most likely get similar seats if you wait the extra day and buy them at the box office. You can use cash via this method. :cool:

TM Fees are $4.50 per ticket plus a per order fee. If you do choose to buy tickets tomorrow online, select the "purchase multiple games" option which will insure you are charge one order fee for several games (though you cannot avoid the $4.50 / ticket fee).

ewokpelts
02-16-2007, 02:32 AM
My guess is a large group has already grabbed thousands of tickets. Something like the Boy Scouts. Same thing happened last year.and then a bunch of ticket got released in the two weeks prior to the game

ewokpelts
02-16-2007, 02:34 AM

Lastly, I just hate Ticketmaster in general because they are greedy bastards that take advantage of the monopoly they've created. However, that is the topic of another thread.ozzie plan only has a $5 service fee...

getonbckthr
02-16-2007, 02:56 AM
There goes being there on my birthday (August 10th)

ewokpelts
02-16-2007, 05:52 AM
The KC game is High School Baseball night.

ComiskeyBrewer
02-16-2007, 06:14 AM
Man that sucks. I was hoping to catch one of the Sox/cubs games this year.:whiner:

FedEx227
02-16-2007, 09:24 AM
Man that sucks. I was hoping to catch one of the Sox/cubs games this year.:whiner:

They're actually more annoying then fun, you're not missing anything.

Hitmen77
02-16-2007, 09:41 AM

Agreed. I really don't care for the Cubs-Sox series.

Sad
02-16-2007, 10:24 AM
Agreed. I really don't care for the Cubs-Sox series.

me either... I either give them to a guy I work with who lives in the city or I'll post em for sale on the exchange...

stacksedwards
02-16-2007, 10:34 AM

You guys are nuts!!! These games are so much fun. Even though you have your typical jerks its the best. Besides playoff baseball there is nothing better.
Get a set of four go with 2 soxs and 2 cubs fans its a blast

chisoxmike
02-16-2007, 11:01 AM
You guys are nuts!!! These games are so much fun. Even though you have your typical jerks its the best. Besides playoff baseball there is nothing better.
Get a set of four go with 2 soxs and 2 cubs fans its a blast

Yeah, I still have to say, after all these years, they are great entertainment. No matter how bad the teams are, or how good, the games are usually pretty good with many dramatic moments. I mean, who whould've thought last season that they would be enjoyable. The Iguchi slam, the fight, Zambrano losing it, AJ bomb at Wrigley...there are so many classic moments from these games.

spiffie
02-16-2007, 11:05 AM
For all those saying how they hate Cubs/Sox games and want nothing to do with them and how they're the games they try to avoid...if you have Friday tickets, I'll buy them from you at face value right now.

allkenz
02-16-2007, 11:31 AM

Agreed. When I used to have the 27 game pack, I sold those tix off ASAP cuz I couldn't stand the drunken Cub fans starting fights and Sox fans being baited into them. Cub/Sox games = Worst fan behavior in Chicago.

Jerko
02-16-2007, 11:46 AM
Agreed. When I used to have the 27 game pack, I sold those tix off ASAP cuz I couldn't stand the drunken Cub fans starting fights and Sox fans being baited into them. Cub/Sox games = Worst fan behavior in Chicago.

I either give them to somebody in my ST group or donate them to various office fundraisers. I went to about 3 of these games and did not enjoy myself.

jenn2080
02-16-2007, 11:48 AM
I just went to get tickets for the Saturday Minn game on April 7th and there were only last row in the UD available. I imagine that the game will be sold out shortly.

ewokpelts
02-16-2007, 11:52 AM
I just went to get tickets for the Saturday Minn game on April 7th and there were only last row in the UD available. I imagine that the game will be sold out shortly.
dont forget, there may be tix held for a grand slam group

WhiteSoxFan84
02-16-2007, 01:01 PM
You guys don't like the Cubs/Sox series? You're nuts. It's playoff atmosphere from the first pitch to the last. Yes, there's the occassional fights here and there, but as long as you're smart enough to stay out of them, who cares?? It's yet another form of entertainment for free. Just as long as the Sox fan kicks the Cub fan's ass and the Cub fan gets tossed out! :angry:

itsnotrequired
02-16-2007, 01:04 PM
You guys don't like the Cubs/Sox series? You're nuts. It's playoff atmosphere from the first pitch to the last. Yes, there's the occassional fights here and there, but as long as you're smart enough to stay out of them, who cares?? It's yet another form of entertainment for free. Just as long as the Sox fan kicks the Cub fan's ass and the Cub fan gets tossed out! :angry:

I don't mind the games. I was at all three last year. Friday and Saturday in 520, on the Fundamentals on Sunday (due to cold shade in 520). I didn't witness any problems.

Now I'm not going to cut off my arm to go to the games but I'm not going to skip out on them.

Anyone fighting should get tossed, regardless of team allegiance.

maurice
02-16-2007, 01:07 PM
Tickets will not be sold at the U.S. Cellular Field box office on Friday, February 16.

Anybody know when the box office will be open?

Are they implying that it's open Saturday at 10?

jenn2080
02-16-2007, 01:09 PM

Last year my brother and I went to the Sunday Sox game at Wrigley and we watched more Cubs fans get kicked out then Sox.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-16-2007, 01:30 PM
Last year my brother and I went to the Sunday Sox game at Wrigley and we watched more Cubs fans get kicked out then Sox.

"That's a White Sox Winner!" :D:

Chicago
02-16-2007, 02:31 PM
Anybody know when the box office will be open?

Are they implying that it's open Saturday at 10?

Yes, they will be open tomorrow at 10a.m.

but they said nothing will be available for opening day, elvis night, cubs/sox
:(:

skottyj242
02-16-2007, 02:42 PM
I don't mind the games. I was at all three last year. Friday and Saturday in 520, on the Fundamentals on Sunday (due to cold shade in 520). I didn't witness any problems.

Now I'm not going to cut off my arm to go to the games but I'm not going to skip out on them.

Anyone fighting should get tossed, regardless of team allegiance.

Of course you went to all three last year, you went to all 81 last year.

itsnotrequired
02-16-2007, 02:44 PM
Of course you went to all three last year, you went to all 81 last year.

Well, that's beside the point.:D:

KenBerryGrab
02-16-2007, 04:47 PM
The worst thing about the Cub fans invading is if the Sox lose that day. Nothing worse than having to eat it in front of them. I've had to do it twice.

Dan the Man
02-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Is there still a Beatles Night? I went back in '05, but I didn't remember it last year.

Gavin
02-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Looks like I'm going to be giving some extra love to the scalpers this year. Woot.

tick53
02-17-2007, 01:42 PM
NUTS! I wanted to go to Elvis Night this year. :(:

tick53
02-17-2007, 01:43 PM
The worst thing about the Cub fans invading is if the Sox lose that day. Nothing worse than having to eat it in front of them. I've had to do it twice.

Been there too.

Soxsterific
02-17-2007, 05:16 PM
I went to the ballpark around noon and was able to snag some pretty good sets of tickets for five games... including a Red Sox in Aug., and mullet night. They are way helpful and will try and find you better seats instead of settling for whatever pops up on ticketmaster or their bogus fees.

God I love my ballpark, I live in the neighborhood but I would say it's worth the trip even if you don't.

Holy WS Batman!
02-17-2007, 10:08 PM
I highly recommend going to the ballpark if you still want tickets. I went late in the afternoon today and was still able to get all the games I wanted and some pretty good seats minus paying TM fees.

Plus those people who work there are insanely helpful.

soxfan80
02-18-2007, 03:52 AM
I highly recommend going to the ballpark if you still want tickets. I went late in the afternoon today and was still able to get all the games I wanted and some pretty good seats minus paying TM fees.

Plus those people who work there are insanely helpful.There'a an occasional "not so helpful" person there,but I've never was forced to buy the first tickets that pop up. Unlike the TM computers, they understand that row 1 in sec 154 is still better than row 30 in sec 148.

kninchicago
02-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Anyone remember last year how there was a few select games where you could buy 4 tix + hot dog meal for $50? I don't see it on the website, I am guessing it's gone this year?

If it is likely to return, I presume you can buy that package in person at the box office too to avoid Ticketmaster?

FoulTerritory
02-18-2007, 11:04 AM
You guys don't like the Cubs/Sox series? You're nuts. It's playoff atmosphere from the first pitch to the last.

I do enjoy going to the Cubs/Sox games, but I respectfully disagree with the idea that they are a playoff atmosphere. I used to think that, but then I went to a playoff game, and a world series game in 2005, and I found out what a real playoff atmosphere is. The Cubs/Sox circus atmosphere pales in comparison to the tension, intrigue, and overall feel of a real playoff game when it seems like the championship could be at steak with every pitch.

Scottiehaswheels
02-18-2007, 11:10 AM
Anyone remember last year how there was a few select games where you could buy 4 tix + hot dog meal for $50? I don't see it on the website, I am guessing it's gone this year?

If it is likely to return, I presume you can buy that package in person at the box office too to avoid Ticketmaster?
I believe this package wasn't offered until later in the season so I really couldn't tell you when/if it will be offered, but I am pretty sure it was an online only deal if I remember. I don't think there was much/if any of a TM fee anyways for this. If so I'm sure it was a nominal amount.

Brian26
02-18-2007, 11:10 AM
I do enjoy going to the Cubs/Sox games, but I respectfully disagree with the idea that they are a playoff atmosphere. I used to think that, but then I went to a playoff game, and a world series game in 2005, and I found out what a real playoff atmosphere is. The Cubs/Sox circus atmosphere pales in comparison to the tension, intrigue, and overall feel of a real playoff game when it seems like the championship could be at stake with every pitch.

Post of the week nominee. Couldn't agree more.

:thumbsup:

WizardsofOzzie
02-18-2007, 11:11 AM
I do enjoy going to the Cubs/Sox games, but I respectfully disagree with the idea that they are a playoff atmosphere. I used to think that, but then I went to a playoff game, and a world series game in 2005, and I found out what a real playoff atmosphere is. The Cubs/Sox circus atmosphere pales in comparison to the tension, intrigue, and overall feel of a real playoff game when it seems like the championship could be at steak with every pitch.

Mmmmmm steak :redneck

comiskey2000
02-18-2007, 11:17 AM
I wonder if the players feel the Sox/Cubs series is different from the others. For us fans having a 50/50 split, or close to it, of fans in the crowd is totally a different atmosphere. It is however different from the playoffs though. Two different feelings.

FoulTerritory
02-18-2007, 11:18 AM
Mmmmmm steak :redneck

lol. it is no coincidence that I am very hungry right now.

kninchicago
02-18-2007, 01:12 PM
I believe this package wasn't offered until later in the season so I really couldn't tell you when/if it will be offered, but I am pretty sure it was an online only deal if I remember. I don't think there was much/if any of a TM fee anyways for this. If so I'm sure it was a nominal amount.

Thanks--I thought it was offered like mid-May, but I wanted to verify if anyone else remembered so I can be sure my mind's not playing tricks on me!

And yes, there was a fee on top of it, it was I want to say $4 or $4.50per ticket :angry: so instead of it being $50 for a 4-pack it was around $62-63ish. If they do offer it again and I can avoid those fees I'd certainly rather do that--I am a STH but I liked the offer as it was helpful in getting my fair-weather fan friends to come have fun at the park with me.

SouthSide_HitMen
02-18-2007, 05:31 PM

The crosstown games also pale in comparison to games in mid - late September 2005. The Cleveland series (including the "Joe Crede" game) was the most intense regular season baseball I have ever been to. New Comiskey was at its loudest during the final home stand of 2005 (that is until the Playoffs started :cool: ).

Home games I went to during the final week at home (missed the Sunday win due to a football injury in the morning):

September 19 - Cleveland 7 White Sox 5
September 20 - White Sox 7 Cleveland 6 (10) (aka The Joe Crede game - the greatest regular season game I have ever been to)
September 23 - White Sox 3 Minnesota 1
:gulp:

chisoxfanatic
02-18-2007, 06:08 PM

Agreed wholeheartedly. NOTHING compares to ALCS Game 2, as far as games I've personally been to. Sox/Cubs games don't even come close to the environment at that game! And half of the crowd doesn't stay in the seats an entire half hour after the game is over at those Sox/Cubs games like we did after ALCS Game 2.

crazyozzie02
02-18-2007, 08:30 PM
any more news on other games that are sold out. I dont get paid till friday and was only able to score tics to the 1/2 priced Marlins/Sox game.

Ziggy S
02-18-2007, 09:01 PM
Agreed, I had way more fun last season watching the Pale Hose sweep the Hostess Twinkies than I ever did attending a Crosstown Series game.

Ziggy S
02-18-2007, 09:06 PM
Is there still a Beatles Night? I went back in '05, but I didn't remember it last year.
That Beatles night was for the 40th Anniversary of their concert in August '65, so it's not an annual thing, unfortunately. I know this because I had a program from a game against the A's that year with Rowand on the cover. Too bad because Elvis is the goods, but I prefer the Beatles anyday.

Bruizer
02-19-2007, 02:17 AM
Agreed wholeheartedly. NOTHING compares to ALCS Game 2, as far as games I've personally been to. Sox/Cubs games don't even come close to the environment at that game! And half of the crowd doesn't stay in the seats an entire half hour after the game is over at those Sox/Cubs games like we did after ALCS Game 2.

Even though the only playoff game I've been to was the one they lost (ALCS Game 1), I'll never forget the atmosphere throughout the game, everyone hanging on every pitch, down to the last one! The Cubs games, on the otherhand, just turned out to be annoying, win or lose (went to two of them last year). It's amazing how rude some Cubs fans (and a few Sox fans, unfortunately) can be when their team wins.

Bru

maurice
02-20-2007, 02:13 PM
I'm very glad that I didn't give my money to Ticketmaster. I got all the tix I wanted over the weekend. Some clearly were much better seats than Ticketmaster offered, because the folks at the box office have better search tools. They were awesome and greeted us with a printout showing what categories were sold out for each game, which saved a lot of time once folks got up to the window. Best customer service I ever received from the Sox. Keep up the good work!

Soxfanspcu11
02-20-2007, 08:17 PM
I wonder if the players feel the Sox/Cubs series is different from the others. For us fans having a 50/50 split, or close to it, of fans in the crowd is totally a different atmosphere. It is however different from the playoffs though. Two different feelings.

In past years, it has been a 50/50 split or so, but last year, WHEW!!!

All 3 games at Comiskey were about 90/10 Sox to flubs fans.

When Barrett came up to bat on Sunday (day after the suckerpunch), there was not 1 single person cheering, the boos were overwhelming! I have NEVER heard a player boo'd like that before.

And then at the Urinal, I was only able to make it to 1 of the 3 last year (AJ's game) and the crowd was probably about 55/45 Sox to flubs fans, in THEIR OWN PARK!

It was lovely!:D:

ewokpelts
02-21-2007, 10:53 AM

If it is likely to return, I presume you can buy that package in person at the box office too to avoid Ticketmaster?They set that up a few weeks after tickets went on sale last year. They're probably figuring out which dates need a powerboost. same goes for teachers nights.

Hitmen77
02-21-2007, 11:40 PM
Here's another indicator that tickets are going fast this year.

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-070221soxbits,1,3674921.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

The Sox are ahead of last year's pace in tickets sold and are close to surpassing the 2 million mark.

Soxfanspcu11
02-21-2007, 11:47 PM

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-070221soxbits,1,3674921.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

THERE'S NO WAY!!!!

The Tribune or ChicagoSportsNet or whoever wrote this story must have made a mistake!!! They probably meant to write "cubs tickets are going faster this year!"

Everyone knows that NO ONE goes to Sox games!!! There is no way that convicts are trailer park residents have this kind of money!!!

In all honesty, I'm surprised that the Cubune even made this information public. I am pretty sure however, that if ticket sales for 2007 were down from 2006, it would have been front page material.

Oh well, we will all get front page material about ticket sales after flubs tickets go on sale Friday. Unless of course they are down. Whatever. :rolleyes:

ewokpelts
02-22-2007, 12:39 AM

well, after bringing back full season and 27 game ticket plans, you'd expect they would. this is also assuming that all waiting list people were serviced too.

SaltyPretzel
02-22-2007, 07:30 AM

I asked my rep yesterday and she said they were selling a ton of tickets.

Domeshot17
02-22-2007, 08:06 AM
I think this year people are all buying their tickets early so they dont get shut out. My GF got me half way to st. pattys deal seats for Valentines Day, closest thing I get to see them play a game that matters on my birthday.

Steelrod
02-22-2007, 08:17 AM
I asked my rep yesterday and she said they were selling a ton of tickets.
Mine also.
It appears that they will have as many sellouts than last year. I normally wait to pick up seats for games later this year, but times are changing and I don't want to miss out.
My group (150) has gone from LD infield 2004, to LD outfield 2005, to outfield 2006, to upper deck 2007.
It's beginning to feel like the Flubs!

ewokpelts
02-22-2007, 11:18 AM
Mine also.
It appears that they will have as many sellouts than last year. I normally wait to pick up seats for games later this year, but times are changing and I don't want to miss out.
My group (150) has gone from LD infield 2004, to LD outfield 2005, to outfield 2006, to upper deck 2007.

dont say that...

GoSox2K3
02-22-2007, 11:30 AM
Mine also.

...except without the tourists, obstructed seats, and smell of urine.

salty99
02-22-2007, 12:02 PM
...except without the tourists, obstructed seats, and smell of urine.

This is not entirely true, but I get your point.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-22-2007, 02:04 PM
THERE'S NO WAY!!!!

The Tribune or ChicagoSportsNet or whoever wrote this story must have made a mistake!!! They probably meant to write "cubs tickets are going faster this year!"

Everyone knows that NO ONE goes to Sox games!!! There is no way that convicts are trailer park residents have this kind of money!!!

In all honesty, I'm surprised that the Cubune even made this information public. I am pretty sure however, that if ticket sales for 2007 were down from 2006, it would have been front page material.

Oh well, we will all get front page material about ticket sales after flubs tickets go on sale Friday. Unless of course they are down. Whatever. :rolleyes:

I have to completely disagree with you. The year prior to 2006, the White Sox did a little something called winning the World Series. There was no doubt in anyone's mind that ticket sales would skyrocket. Last year, they didn't even make the playoffs. So if ticket sales remain the same as 2006, it's a success. If they decrease, not a shocker.

ewokpelts
02-22-2007, 02:10 PM
I have to completely disagree with you. The year prior to 2006, the White Sox did a little something called winning the World Series. There was no doubt in anyone's mind that ticket sales would skyrocket. Last year, they didn't even make the playoffs. So if ticket sales remain the same as 2006, it's a success. If they decrease, not a shocker.yeah, but they still won 90 games in the hardest division in baseball, AND they handcuffed st holders to thier packages,.

itsnotrequired
02-22-2007, 02:12 PM
yeah, but they still won 90 games in the hardest division in baseball, AND they handcuffed st holders to thier packages,.

How, by making them pay for playoff tickets?

ewokpelts
02-22-2007, 02:19 PM
How, by making them pay for playoff tickets?
by forcing them to use thier playoff refunds as deposits for 2007 tickets, and if they refused, lose the rights to thier season tickets

chisoxfanatic
02-22-2007, 02:47 PM

It's completely different. The Cubs don't win championships!

Good for the ticket sales department! There's nothing better during the summer than to go to a packed Comiskey park, especially when the game is a nail-biter that ends in a walk-off.

jenn2080
02-22-2007, 02:50 PM
Mine also.

I do not think it is like Wrigley at all. We won a championship. It goes with the territory. If the place was empty people would complain and now it is packed and people are complaining. Be glad that the team won and is being noticed.

tony1972
02-22-2007, 03:01 PM
One thing also to remember..is prior to 2006..there were many casual baseball fans who had never been to a Sox game because of all the stereotypes they heard about the neighborhood, the ballpark, etc. I can name a lot of people I work with where this was the case (particulary out of towners who moved to Chicago)...

The World Series changed that..in 2006 many people went to a Sox game for the first time in their lives. Our work had a lot of Sox outings and a lot of people who went had never been to a Sox game.

Most of the newbies were impressed with the park...the atmosphere, etc. A lot even said it was much more fun than a Cubs game.

I know a lot of those people who are now going back this year because they liked the park. I think this is why ticket sales have increased since last year (even though 2006 was the season off a championship).

skottyj242
02-22-2007, 03:09 PM
It's completely different. The Cubs don't win championships!

Good for the ticket sales department! There's nothing better during the summer than to go to a packed Comiskey park, especially when the game is a nail-biter that ends in a walk-off.

We've won one.

Steelrod
02-22-2007, 03:12 PM
I do not think it is like Wrigley at all. We won a championship. It goes with the territory. If the place was empty people would complain and now it is packed and people are complaining. Be glad that the team won and is being noticed.
I am glad and was just pointing it out to let all know that we must plan in advance this year, and maybe for years to come. I LOVE full stadiums and the cheering that goes with it.
You never know, US Cellular may become THE place to be in the summer. It is and has been for my family for many years.

itsnotrequired
02-22-2007, 03:35 PM
by forcing them to use thier playoff refunds as deposits for 2007 tickets, and if they refused, lose the rights to thier season tickets

Was that a new policy for 2007 or had that been in place before?

Jerko
02-22-2007, 03:38 PM
Was that a new policy for 2007 or had that been in place before?

IIRC the old policy was you had a choice of a refund or putting your money to next year's tickets, but if you chose the refund you DIDN'T lose your seat. Now you lose your seat unless you let the Sox keep the money for the next year's tix.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-22-2007, 03:43 PM
yeah, but they still won 90 games in the hardest division in baseball, AND they handcuffed st holders to thier packages,.

99 (110 if you count the playoffs) wins + world series >>>>>> 90 wins + using "played in toughest division" as an excuse + we finished in third + we didn't make the playoffs

Simple economics in my eyes.

skottyj242
02-22-2007, 03:46 PM
99 (110 if you count the playoffs) wins + world series >>>>>> 90 wins + using "played in toughest division" as an excuse + we finished in third + we didn't make the playoffs

Simple economics in my eyes.

And they gave the season ticket holders a presale.

ewokpelts
02-22-2007, 03:48 PM

Simple economics in my eyes.they played contending baseball for all but a few weeks of the season....any other fanbase would consider that impressive....obviously, some sox fans consider 90 wins a total failure. there has beena different world champion the last 7 years inmlb, and the participants of the world series vary from year to year, with only the yankees and cardinals making repeat trips to the ws

oh, and that's why the sox ramped up thier sales drive this year, to NOT lose fans after a 90 win failure

WhiteSoxFan84
02-22-2007, 03:51 PM
And they gave the season ticket holders a presale.

Man I would hate to be a relative or a friend of your's, my prayers are with them all. You're the kinda guy that if someone 45 years ago said something you strongly disagreed with, you'd bring it up during every conversation you had with that guy for the rest of your life and made yourself look like an *******. Let it go skotty. For your own sake.

http://www.grudge-match.com/Images/DrEvil.gif

"Skotty don't!"....... keep using material thats been beaten to death.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-22-2007, 03:54 PM
they played contending baseball for all but a few weeks of the season....any other fanbase would consider that impressive....obviously, some sox fans consider 90 wins a total failure. there has beena different world champion the last 7 years inmlb, and the participants of the world series vary from year to year, with only the yankees and cardinals making repeat trips to the ws

oh, and that's why the sox ramped up thier sales drive this year, to NOT lose fans after a 90 win failure

I hear you and I want to make myself clear, I loved our team last year. Was I happy with how the season ended? Hell no and I'm sure you agree. I also feel like if we had made the playoffs, we would've been the best team in the playoffs and would have won it all again. However, that's a huge if, and it don't matter now.

BUT, having said all that, after the 2005 season, there was nowhere to go but down. If we had repeated as World Series champs, the ceiling had been reached. Another title makes us a "dynasty" possibly but nonetheless our ticket sales were amazing in 2006 and would've been amazing again in 2007. So for ticket sales to decrease or remain at the same level, it's not a negative or a knock on the Sox, it would be justified.

Hitmen77
02-22-2007, 03:57 PM
One thing also to remember..is prior to 2006..there were many casual baseball fans who had never been to a Sox game because of all the stereotypes they heard about the neighborhood, the ballpark, etc. I can name a lot of people I work with where this was the case (particulary out of towners who moved to Chicago)...

The World Series changed that..in 2006 many people went to a Sox game for the first time in their lives. Our work had a lot of Sox outings and a lot of people who went had never been to a Sox game.

Most of the newbies were impressed with the park...the atmosphere, etc. A lot even said it was much more fun than a Cubs game.

I know a lot of those people who are now going back this year because they liked the park. I think this is why ticket sales have increased since last year (even though 2006 was the season off a championship).

Excellent point. I think the Sox had the good fortune of completing their ballpark renovations and having the surrounding neighborhood significantly improve just before they won the World Series.

This rush of new customers in '06 are now left with a lasting good impression of the park and the neighborhood that simply didn't exist the last time the Sox drew big crowds in the early 90s.

Bad news for those of us looking to get easily available seats, but great news for the team.

itsnotrequired
02-22-2007, 04:22 PM
IIRC the old policy was you had a choice of a refund or putting your money to next year's tickets, but if you chose the refund you DIDN'T lose your seat. Now you lose your seat unless you let the Sox keep the money for the next year's tix.

Ah, I see.

But how many people did this situation apply to? It would seem that a season ticket holder who's team is heading to the playoffs is absolutely interested in renewing for the next season. I understand that last year's policy allowed no wiggle room but what percentage of holders needed to wiggle? With the amount of people on the waiting list (something that hasn't happened before), I'm not surprised that the Sox asked their holders to go that extra mile and commit in August.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-22-2007, 04:24 PM
Ah, I see.

But how many people did this situation apply to? It would seem that a season ticket holder who's team is heading to the playoffs is absolutely interested in renewing for the next season. I understand that last year's policy allowed no wiggle room but what percentage of holders needed to wiggle? With the amount of people on the waiting list (something that hasn't happened before), I'm not surprised that the Sox asked their holders to go that extra mile and commit in August.

That's what I was thinking, if you want playoff tickets, you're going to want tickets for the following season as well are you not? So what's the big deal if the only options you have are to get playoff tickets or use the money on tickets for the next season?

Cat Thief
02-22-2007, 04:38 PM
It's easy to talk about it when you don't have any money tied up in it.

It's a big deal to me and probably some others.

itsnotrequired
02-22-2007, 04:42 PM
It's easy to talk about it when you don't have any money tied up.

...and that's the issue. Before, if the Sox didn't make the playoffs, you could get the playoff money back and not have to put in for your tickets until November. So under the new scenario, the Sox get to keep your money interest-free for a couple months.

ewokpelts
02-22-2007, 05:18 PM
Ah, I see.

But how many people did this situation apply to? It would seem that a season ticket holder who's team is heading to the playoffs is absolutely interested in renewing for the next season. I understand that last year's policy allowed no wiggle room but what percentage of holders needed to wiggle? With the amount of people on the waiting list (something that hasn't happened before), I'm not surprised that the Sox asked their holders to go that extra mile and commit in August.i wanted my money back. i fully intended to renew, and pay, but i can use my money better for six months than give the sox an interest free loan

jenn2080
02-22-2007, 05:31 PM
That's what I was thinking, if you want playoff tickets, you're going to want tickets for the following season as well are you not? So what's the big deal if the only options you have are to get playoff tickets or use the money on tickets for the next season?

I actually liked doing it early rather then right around the holidays. Is there ever going to be an appropriate time to give up thousands?

Bruizer
02-22-2007, 06:31 PM
I actually liked doing it early rather then right around the holidays. Is there ever going to be an appropriate time to give up thousands?

Me too. It helped to spread out the costs a little. But I can understand if your budget's tight in August, especially for the full season ticket holders.

Bru

INSox56
02-22-2007, 06:53 PM
Me too. It helped to spread out the costs a little. But I can understand if your budget's tight in August, especially for the full season ticket holders.

Bru

Well, not August, but November. Unless you're talking postseason tix, even then they're probably not THAT much worse off than splits...unless you go crazy and buy the max possible. LOL