PDA

View Full Version : Politte Signs with Tribe.

asboog
02-14-2007, 03:31 PM
I wish him luck. (just not against us)

link (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070214&content_id=1801694&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb&partnered=rss_mlb)

AuroraSoxFan
02-14-2007, 03:46 PM
I hope he can find a way to get back on the mound and stay there for a while. I just hope he does not return to his 05 form while in the AL Central.

RedHeadPaleHoser
02-14-2007, 03:49 PM
Good luck Cliff.

I think it's cool he stays in the division; I hope we light his ass up when he pitches against us and shuts the Twins down when he faces them.

Madvora
02-14-2007, 03:52 PM
I have no idea what happend to Cliffy in 2006, but he was one of the best and most underrated pitchers in baseball for 2005.

esbrechtel
02-14-2007, 04:05 PM
I have no idea what happend to Cliffy in 2006, but he was one of the best and most underrated pitchers in baseball for 2005.

I agree 100%

tstrike2000
02-14-2007, 04:16 PM

Yes, he was. I remember talking to him at Soxfest a few years ago and talking about the workout regimen he does for his abdominal muscles and lower body to keep himself in pitching shape. A quality guy who just needs to stay healthy and more importantly mentally to be effective.

Huisj
02-14-2007, 04:16 PM

I think the idea is that his arm was hurt and he tried to keep pitching through it and he didn't have anything. Didn't he his shoulder checked out shortly after the sox cut him?

Dan Mega
02-14-2007, 04:22 PM
I used to have Politte in my sig. I also have a Sox jersey of his. I may wear it if I see Sox/Cleveland this year.

chisoxmike
02-14-2007, 04:34 PM
WSI is a funny place.

When players, like Politte, are on the Sox and are sucking big time, everybody here calls him out and hopes he gets kicked off the team in some way.

But when they do leave and even when they go to a DIVISION RIVAL they wish him luck and hope he goes back to his old form.

I for one hopes he gets bombed on the Indians and contributes to them finishing another year out of contention.

ILuvThatDuck
02-14-2007, 05:41 PM
Get over it, he's gone. He isn't coming back. His defense was over-rated. He took bad angles on his release.:angry: http://forum.ebaumsworld.com/images/smilies/preachon.gif:angry:

*what?*:o:

......Opps.....Sorry I thought this was a Rowand thread.:redneck :D:

Best of luck Cliff :gulp:

Scottiehaswheels
02-14-2007, 05:59 PM
I remember being there at his first game back from the DL and watching Freddie Sanchez just bomb one out to left in Pitt to end the game... god that sucked... here's to cliffy doing that at least 18 more times this season potentially :gulp:

JB98
02-14-2007, 08:20 PM
WSI is a funny place.

When players, like Politte, are on the Sox and are sucking big time, everybody here calls him out and hopes he gets kicked off the team in some way.

But when they do leave and even when they go to a DIVISION RIVAL they wish him luck and hope he goes back to his old form.

I for one hopes he gets bombed on the Indians and contributes to them finishing another year out of contention.

No question. I hope they bring him in on Opening Day, and we light his ass up for six runs in one inning.

Dan the Man
02-14-2007, 08:23 PM
No question. I hope they bring him in on Opening Day, and we light his ass up for six runs in one inning.

Then give him a standing ovation as he walks off the field tipping his cap to the Sox fans.

rdwj
02-14-2007, 08:34 PM
I want him to do just well enough to keep his job, but not well enough to win them any games. And against us, I want him to SUCK!

ondafarm
02-14-2007, 09:38 PM
Honestly, I don't think Politte should be pitching anything more advanced than batting practice and I think the Indians will find that out but they are welcome to him.

mshake10
02-14-2007, 09:48 PM
This could be one of their better pickups and no one will notice. This could be huge in the 2nd half.

IndianWhiteSox
02-15-2007, 02:45 AM
First Hernandez, then Foulke and now Politte. Is Ron Schueler running this team?:redneck

Murphy10
02-15-2007, 07:29 AM
I really want to see him pitch against us in one of the tribe games this season. Just so I can stand up and give him the round of applause that he deserves. Also though I've never met Politte, he seems like an all around good guy.

tstrike2000
02-15-2007, 08:31 AM
Even in the Politte = Crap threads we had last year, I didn't call for his head and now hope he succeeds. Obviously last year he wasn't getting the job done, so the only conclusion was to let him go. As a person and a pitcher I wish him well, but of course want the Sox to light him up if we have the chance, just like any other opposing pitcher we face.

thegooch
02-15-2007, 04:03 PM
First Hernandez, then Foulke and now Politte. Is Ron Schueler running this team?:redneck

No doubt. I think the Indians are putting together one of the worst bullpens of all time. Roberto Hernandez, Foulke, Cliff Polite, Joe Borowski, R. Carmona???? This is going to be the achilles heal of this team again. They can score 10 runs a game and this bullpen will cough it up.