PDA

View Full Version : Losing Streaks

chisoxfanatic
02-14-2007, 02:42 PM
Inspired by the Celtics' current losing streak, CNNSI currently has a special section dedicated to incredible losing streaks in sports history. I thought #11 in the pictoral slideshow was the one that gave me the biggest smile. Doesn't it feel great not to see our Sox here?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0702/gallery.losingstreaks/content.1.html

Iwritecode
02-14-2007, 03:06 PM
Inspired by the Celtics' current losing streak, CNNSI currently has a special section dedicated to incredible losing streaks in sports history. I thought #11 in the pictoral slideshow was the one that gave me the biggest smile. Doesn't it feel great not to see our Sox here?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/0702/gallery.losingstreaks/content.1.html

My high school is tied for the second longest losing streak in football. We were tied for first up until a few years ago. :redface:

SOXPHILE
02-14-2007, 04:18 PM
99 years. Get ready for 100, lil' Blue Sheep...

The one that kind of pains me is the one showing the 1988 Baltimore Orioles, and their 0-21 start. They broke that streak, and won their first game against the White Sox, at Comiskey Park. I was at that game, and it was embarrassing/painful. As soon as the game was over, a swarm of media ran onto the field to cover the story. Late in the game, I actually saw some people with bags on their heads, ala the New Orleans Saints.

WhiteSox5187
02-14-2007, 04:41 PM
That list should also include the 1997 Cubs who went out and signed Mel Rojas and people were saying that they were a lock for the division that year, well, they lost their first fourteen games.

The same thing could be said about the 1968 White Sox who after coming so close in '67 lost their first ten (maybe more) and just fell off the face of the earth.

Hokiesox
02-14-2007, 05:41 PM
While the Cubs futility is very laughable, the next item on the list, sadly, is our once beloved Blackhawks.

CanBuehrleWait
02-15-2007, 06:10 AM
Sorry SI. Nothing touches 98 years of suckage.