PDA

View Full Version : Heard the new radio commercial

MincHiaPettito
02-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Two guys, probably at a bar:

Guy 1:I cant believe the Sox.
Guy 2: Yeah I know...goes on to read a bunch of stats, 90 wins, Garland 18 wins, Thome comeback player of the year, top offense, all the home runs and all that
Guy 1 (or by now Ive mixed em up): What a horrible year
Guy 2: Yeah, and theyre all coming back
Radio announcer voice guy whose voice I didnt care for, liked Red better: This year were going back to what won us the World Series. Were going to back to the grind.

My criticism, I like the team, but I dont see what aspect of keeping the same guys says this year were going back to what won.

skottyj242
02-13-2007, 03:48 PM

Guy 2: Yeah I know...goes on to read a bunch of stats, 90 wins, Garland 18 wins, Thome comeback player of the year, top offense, all the home runs and all that
Radio announcer voice guy whose voice I didnt care for, liked Red better: This year were going back to what won us the World Series. Were going to back to the grind.

My criticism, I like the team, but I dont see what aspect of keeping the same guys says this year were going back to what won.

Would imagine that they're refering to the style of play.

ChiSoxGirl
02-13-2007, 09:29 PM

This is better than the "South Side Board of Tourism" one I kept hearing during White Sox Weekly on Saturday! The voiceover says something like, "Jenny from Roscoe Village asks, 'Are their roads on the south side?'" The voiceover then replies, saying there *are* roads and even designated areas for people to leave their cars called parking spaces. The voice then goes into detail about the lots at U.S. Cellular Field being ideal for tailgating, etc.

The whole "Are their roads on the south side?" question is pretty lame and sends out the wrong kind of implications; like the south side is inhabited to the point it doesn't even have streets. :whatever: This is the kind of commercials the team's flagship station is airing? :?: :angry: I'm not usually one to nitpick, but c'mon!

mshake10
02-14-2007, 12:14 PM
I think the ad ended saying "good enough isn't enough", obviously refering to the tough ALC.

Jerko
02-14-2007, 12:41 PM
Didn't they do the "and they're all coming back" theme before????? :dunno:

sox1970
02-14-2007, 01:00 PM
Just heard it...awful.

None of their 2007 promotions should mention 2005. Very lame.

All of the "great" things about 2006, they should have mentioned how Buehrle and Contreras sucked in the second half, and how they went 34-43 the last 77 games.

itsnotrequired
02-14-2007, 01:27 PM
All of the "great" things about 2006, they should have mentioned how Buehrle and Contreras sucked in the second half, and how they went 34-43 the last 77 games.

Maybe they should just have ads encouraging people not to show up this year.

:rolleyes:

sox1970
02-14-2007, 01:34 PM
Maybe they should just have ads encouraging people not to show up this year.

:rolleyes:

Fine by me. Better seats. :D:

I just thought the radio commericial was lame, and I'm getting concerned they're going to be living off of 2005 the next 20 years. It was great, but it's time to move forward.

OzzieBall2004
02-14-2007, 04:37 PM
This is better than the "South Side Board of Tourism" one I kept hearing during White Sox Weekly on Saturday! The voiceover says something like, "Jenny from Roscoe Village asks, 'Are their roads on the south side?'" The voiceover then replies, saying there *are* roads and even designated areas for people to leave their cars called parking spaces. The voice then goes into detail about the lots at U.S. Cellular Field being ideal for tailgating, etc.

The whole "Are their roads on the south side?" question is pretty lame and sends out the wrong kind of implications; like the south side is inhabited to the point it doesn't even have streets. :whatever: This is the kind of commercials the team's flagship station is airing? :?: :angry: I'm not usually one to nitpick, but c'mon!

Haven't heard them, but I think you're missing the point. I think they're trying to poke fun at all the people who live on the north side, or in N/NW suburbs and think the south side is a dump not worth travelling to.

cheezheadsoxfan
02-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Haven't heard them, but I think you're missing the point. I think they're trying to poke fun at all the people who live on the north side, or in N/NW suburbs and think the south side is a dump not worth travelling to.

I have heard them and I agree. The intonation was "yeah, you dumb asses, there are roads on the South Side". I thought they were funny.:smile:

paciorek1983
02-14-2007, 07:16 PM
I have heard them and I agree. The intonation was "yeah, you dumb asses, there are roads on the South Side". I thought they were funny.:smile:

I haven't heard the commercials,but when reading the quote about them, I completely got the sarcasm. How could anyone miss it?

ChiSoxGirl
02-14-2007, 09:30 PM
I haven't heard the commercials,but when reading the quote about them, I completely got the sarcasm. How could anyone miss it?

Well apparently this "anyone" did. Guess I missed the mark.

soxstarter
02-15-2007, 07:47 AM
Well apparently this "anyone" did. Guess I missed the mark.

I gotta agree with ChiSoxgirl. If it was an attempt at sarcasm, it was lame. Really....."are there streets?" Sigh.

MincHiaPettito
02-19-2007, 03:40 PM
Heard another one today. It is like the Bears superfans (except talking Sox) hosting a radio show.

Eh :\\

DumpJerry
02-19-2007, 03:47 PM
I heard the tourism one and the "how great they were last year and they're coming back this year" one.

I called my rep and cancelled my season tickets. No need to play the games.

I couldn't care less how the radio ads sound. All I care about is that at the end of the Ninth Inning of each game, they have more run than the Bad Guys.

esbrechtel
02-19-2007, 03:47 PM
Did I hear them call Iguchi the gook? Isn't that a derogatory term for Asians?:dunno: