PDA

View Full Version : Sox Pride Club - Single game ticket sales tomorrow

bryPt
02-13-2007, 02:29 PM
FYI for anyone interested:

February 13, 2007

Dear Sox Pride Club Member,

Thank you for joining the 2007 Sox Pride Club. Your continued loyalty as a valued Sox Pride Club member is very important to the White Sox. To show our appreciation, we are pleased to offer you an online presale opportunity to purchase additional tickets for the upcoming season prior to the general public onsale.

Beginning at 10 a.m. CT on Wednesday, February 14, you'll have an exclusive online opportunity to purchase individual game tickets for the 2007 White Sox season.

:gulp:

MadCitySoxFan
02-13-2007, 04:57 PM
Did anyone have any luck with the Ozzie Plan presale on TM today? I used the account number I received in the email as well as the confirmation number and neither worked on the TM site today. I don't see the thread from yesterday's ticket experiences, so I don't know if it got deleted or moved. Any guidance is much appreciated.

ChicagoHoosier
02-13-2007, 08:38 PM
I posted this on another thread, but I had the same issue with my season ticket holder password. I have a full season, but maybe I could only access it yesterday. Not sure. :(:

itsnotrequired
02-13-2007, 08:49 PM
I never got an e-mail and I am a member from last year. Supposedly it would automatically renew for 2007 but hasn't happened yet. What's the deal? Anyone else auto-renew?

Hitmen77
02-13-2007, 08:53 PM
I just got the e-mail at 7:00 this evening. I auto-renewed.

What do we do with the password they gave us? The email really didn't explain where we buy tickets. Do we buy them on the regular ticketmaster site? Or do we have to login in to our Sox Pride account?

thegooch
02-13-2007, 08:56 PM
I never got an e-mail and I am a member from last year. Supposedly it would automatically renew for 2007 but hasn't happened yet. What's the deal? Anyone else auto-renew?

I'm in the same boat. I haven't heard one word from the pride club.

itsnotrequired
02-13-2007, 09:07 PM
I'm in the same boat. I haven't heard one word from the pride club.

I don't even know how to log in using my account. How do you get to the "Sox Pride only" messageboards?

ewokpelts
02-14-2007, 07:12 AM
i doubt they made people auto renew with the price increase...i signed up yesterday for the 30 dollar package

itsnotrequired
02-14-2007, 08:28 AM
i doubt they made people auto renew with the price increase...i signed up yesterday for the 30 dollar package

Then why say it will auto-renew? How do I know if it will auto-renew or not? I don't want to sign up again, have it auto-renew and that get charged twice. I forsee myself duking it out with Customer Service.

Hitmen77
02-14-2007, 08:58 AM
Correction - I got an e-mail for a THURSDAY presale, but NOT the Sox Pride Club Wednesday presale.

I believe the default is auto-renew for the Sox Pride Club and I was able to log into my account. So, what's up with that e-mail?? The sale is only 2 hours away.

Sad
02-14-2007, 09:05 AM
Did anyone have any luck with the Ozzie Plan presale on TM today? I used the account number I received in the email as well as the confirmation number and neither worked on the TM site today. I don't see the thread from yesterday's ticket experiences, so I don't know if it got deleted or moved. Any guidance is much appreciated.

the thread got moved because somebody "whined" :rolleyes: ...

presale worked for me-
picked up 2 front row seats for Wed 6/20 and 2 2nd row (aisle) Mon 7/2 both upper deck Sec. 520...
2 for Sec. 533 Row 11 for a Sat. night game vs. Toronto that I had planned on staying over night in the city...

Lukin13
02-14-2007, 09:25 AM
Beginning today at 10 a.m. CT, you have an exclusive online
opportunity to purchase individual game tickets for the 2007
White Sox season.

Unfortunately, no tickets remain for Opening Day, April 2, and
Sox vs. Cubs, June 22-24, but there are still plenty of great
games to choose from - Yankees, Red Sox, Tigers, Twins and more!

THIS IS COMPLETE BULL!

I just signed up for the pride club, I mean JUST. And the advertisement CLEARLY stated there were tickets for the Sox Vs. Cubs Games. How can less than 24 hours later I get this email????

I fully understand that these games are in high demand and maybe shouldn't be available to any schmo that drops 30 to be in the pride club.... BUT THEN IT SHOULDN'T ADVERTISE THIS.

Geesh.

Hitmen77
02-14-2007, 09:39 AM

I called their customer service and they confirmed that there is NO auto-renew for this year because of the price increase. :(:

Gee, thanks for telling us that membership was auto-renew and letting me log into my account and everything and then not making it auto renew.:angry:

Hitmen77
02-14-2007, 09:41 AM
White Sox season.

THIS IS COMPLETE BULL!

I just signed up for the pride club, I mean JUST. And the advertisement CLEARLY stated there were tickets for the Sox Vs. Cubs Games. How can less than 24 hours later I get this email????

I fully understand that these games are in high demand and maybe shouldn't be available to any schmo that drops 30 to be in the pride club.... BUT THEN IT SHOULDN'T ADVERTISE THIS.

Geesh.

I just re- signed up for the pride club. They still sent you an e-mail for the Wed. presale? I thought it was too late to sign up now.

MinnySoxFan
02-14-2007, 09:45 AM
I wonder if the $29.99 members get today and the $19.99 members gets tomorrow. I'll try the password that a friend gave me. Hopefully it works today. Thanks to the ozzie plan holder + SPC member.

soxfan1983
02-14-2007, 09:50 AM
so did anyone else get an email that said that the cubs/sox tickets are ALREADY sold out and the presale doesnt even start for another hour?!?!?!?! how the hell can this happen? i bought the $29.99 thing just to have the chance for this. thats crap

soxfan1983
02-14-2007, 09:52 AM
White Sox season.

THIS IS COMPLETE BULL!

Geesh.

dude im with you on this one and im utterly ticked off

Lukin13
02-14-2007, 09:56 AM
I just think it is a tad comically, how poorly can you run this thing. I signed up 24 hours ago and it's big selling point was a special allotment of 60 tickets for PRIDE members to all games: EVEN OPENING DAY AND THE DESIRABLE CUBS SERIES. Thanks for wasting my time MLB.COM, I totally blew off an important meeting for this.:mad:

FoulkeFan
02-14-2007, 10:04 AM
I just think it is a tad comically, how poorly can you run this thing. I signed up 24 hours ago and it's big selling point was a special allotment of 60 tickets for PRIDE members to all games: EVEN OPENING DAY AND THE DESIRABLE CUBS SERIES. Thanks for wasting my time MLB.COM, I totally blew off an important meeting for this.:mad:

I was a member of the Sox Pride club last year. The Sox held back 60 tickets for each game and put them on sale 2-4 weeks before each game. I got two tickets to the Cubs/Sox game that way. I'm assuming that will work the same way as last year. This was just an extra opportunity to buy tickets before everyone else.

Can we all stop complaining now? :D:

nkmcc
02-14-2007, 10:08 AM
If the sox pride tickets work like they did last year, those 60 tickets are released a few days before the series starts. I imagine that is what they are going to do again this year, but they definitely should have said something to that effect.

Edit: FoulkeFan beat me to it. :)

havelj
02-14-2007, 10:25 AM
If the sox pride tickets work like they did last year, those 60 tickets are released a few days before the series starts. I imagine that is what they are going to do again this year, but they definitely should have said something to that effect.

This is correct.

Today is the opportunity to purchase tickets in advance for other games. The Pride membership will have a 60-seat group area in LD reserved for special games. Those go on sale at a later date-usually closer to the day of the game.

SoxRox
02-14-2007, 10:29 AM
I have not gotten one email on Sox Pride ticket sales and I joined over two weeks ago!

If they screw me over on this I want a refund.

-SoxRox

Uncle_Patrick
02-14-2007, 10:43 AM
I don't even know how to log in using my account. How do you get to the "Sox Pride only" messageboards?

You have to open the "fan forum" section of the White Sox website and once that page opens up, click on the Sox Pride link. Once you log in you should see the link for the message board.

itsnotrequired
02-14-2007, 10:57 AM
You have to open the "fan forum" section of the White Sox website and once that page opens up, click on the Sox Pride link. Once you log in you should see the link for the message board.

I have done that but all it does is direct me to a page where I can order for 2007. I signed up in 2006 so I shouldn't have to order again.

MinnySoxFan
02-14-2007, 10:59 AM
You have to buy one package manually since they upped the price.

MinnySoxFan
02-14-2007, 11:03 AM
the pass for tommorow doesnt work right now...but if you guess the pass you may have a shot. hint: what is the club called.

itsnotrequired
02-14-2007, 11:11 AM
You have to buy one package manually since they upped the price.

Has that been officially published anywhere?

SouthSide_HitMen
02-14-2007, 11:12 AM
the pass for tommorow doesnt work right now...but if you guess the pass you may have a shot.

It is easier to guess the soxpride password than it is to decipher those word verification blocks TM puts up to annoy their customers above and beyond their $4.50 per ticket fee. :redneck

Perhaps the TM word verification will be easier to read tomorrow when the wise soxfan who signed up for whitesox.com emails will be able to purchase tickets. :cool:

MinnySoxFan
02-14-2007, 11:13 AM
It is easier to guess the soxpride password than it is to decipher those word verification blocks TM puts up to annoy their customers above and beyond their $4.50 per ticket fee. :redneck

Perhaps the TM word verification will be easier to read tomorrow when the wise soxfan who signed up for whitesox.com emails will be able to purchase tickets. :cool:

you are a slick one.

MinnySoxFan
02-14-2007, 11:21 AM
****master keeps denying my credit card. Thanks!

soxchick20
02-14-2007, 12:07 PM
The whole Pride club is completely unorganized. I never got a confirmation email with the code to purchase tix, and I signed up in late January. So, I stalked MLB until they finally answered me back and gave me the code to get tickets for the soxpride section. This whole presale thing worked out pretty good, i managed to get tix for two yanks and one boston game. But, there is gonna be almost nothing left when the tickets go onsale to the general public on Friday. And, just wondering, when will the ticket exchange start having tix posted on there?

chisoxmike
02-14-2007, 12:13 PM
And, just wondering, when will the ticket exchange start having tix posted on there?

Probably not until season ticket holders get their season tickets in the mail, which is usually a week or two before the season starts.

soxchick20
02-14-2007, 12:22 PM
Probably not until season ticket holders get their season tickets in the mail, which is usually a week or two before the season starts.

Alright, thanks.

BainesHOF
02-14-2007, 12:38 PM
The whole Pride club is completely unorganized. I never got a confirmation email with the code to purchase tix, and I signed up in late January. So, I stalked MLB until they finally answered me back and gave me the code to get tickets for the soxpride section. This whole presale thing worked out pretty good, i managed to get tix for two yanks and one boston game. But, there is gonna be almost nothing left when the tickets go onsale to the general public on Friday. And, just wondering, when will the ticket exchange start having tix posted on there?

Yeah, the Pride Club was basically a cash grab last year.

I would add that they'll be plenty of tickets available for the general public sale. Maybe not for Opening Day and the Cubs games, but there wasn't a lot of tickets left for those dates in the first place.

lizard6king6
02-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Wel there seems to be nothing left, I cant even get tickets for the Aug 10th game and every other game I wanted was at least 12 rows up in the UD. Owell, i probally shouldnt spend the money anyhow

pagansoxfan
02-14-2007, 03:27 PM
i got tix for the april 19 game vs texas, and the may 17th game vs nyy. as for the flubs series, they were on sale like a week before the series. i was able to get them easily.

bryPt
02-14-2007, 03:31 PM
I got the 21st and 23rd in May against OAK. 6th row in sec. 112 and row 12 in sec. 114. What I wanna know is, is every game a premier game now?

itsnotrequired
02-14-2007, 03:34 PM
I got the 21st and 23rd in May against OAK. 6th row in sec. 112 and row 12 in sec. 114. What I wanna know is, is every game a premier game now?

19 games are Premiere for 2007, largely in part to the extra Yankees and Red Sox games.

JGarlandrules20
02-14-2007, 03:36 PM
I guessed the passcode on the first try, hah.

I got decent seats to 4 games. April 4 & 17. May 23. June 20.

cheeses_h_rice
02-14-2007, 03:38 PM
July 23 vs. Tigers isn't a half priced night.

Dammit.

russ99
02-14-2007, 03:45 PM

Everything worked perfectly for me. I logged into Ticketmaster at around 9:57 with my ID/PW used to buy my Ozzie Plan, and when tickets went on sale, I had no problems except for those unreadable Tickermaster verification codes. Some of those took 3 tries.

MincHiaPettito
02-14-2007, 03:57 PM
I am only finding crap seats. Is it just what they released to the Sox Pride people, or just slim pickings this year? (Outfield and far parts of upperdeck for crappy opponents)

operga1
02-14-2007, 05:20 PM
As is obvious to pretty much everyone by now, the Sox Pride Club ticket presale today was unbelievably badly run. To add my experience to the chorus of misery:

:angry: 1. I paid for a Premium membership online two weeks ago. I never got an email confirming this.

:angry: 2. When I found that there was going to be a presale (by pure luck, on WSI!), I called mlb.com and asked what was going on. They gave me the 20-digit monster code and told me their would be a website link on the SPC page to use it this morning. They had no explanation why I had not gotten an email.

:angry: 3. There was no email at 7am this morning. There was no link on the SPC page. I called mlb.com and they said their would be a link at 9am Central time.

:angry: 4. No link at 9pm. I called mlb.com and they said whoops, they meant 10am Central time.

:angry: 5. There was no link at 10am. I called mlb.com and they said I had to go back to whitesox.com, then tickets, then schedule, then individual game. When I finally saw a box to input I said OK and hung up again.

:angry: 6. The code didn't work. I waited on hold for 35 minutes to be told there were technical difficulties, and they did not know when they would be resolved. I should "just keep trying during the day".

:angry: 7. I finally got an email from mlb.com at 11:11am giving the SOXPRIDE code. I was able to buy tickets. But they were certainly not as good as they would have been over an hour earlier, and I wasted at least 2 hours trying to get them.

:angry: 8. Even though I asked for Lower Box, I was only shown Lower Reserve. But when I went back to the check again this afternoon there were Lower Box available. They had apparently not been released earlier. I called mlb.com about exchanging the tickets, and they said to "talk to ticketmaster, talk to the Sox", talk to anybody but them.

:angry: 9. I phoned mlb.com and demanded a refund of my Sox Pride Premium membership. They said they would put in an "application" and let me know "whether I was approved".

:angry: THE NUT OF ALL THIS: IF YOU BOUGHT A SOXPRIDE MEMBERSHIP AND HAD PROBLEMS TODAY, DEMAND A REFUND!!! DO NOT LET YOURSELF BE TREATED LIKE THIS IN THE PATHETIC HOPE FOR A TICKET OR TWO DOWN THE ROAD. IT JUST ISN'T WORTH IT.

Steelrod
02-14-2007, 05:46 PM
As is obvious to pretty much everyone by now, the Sox Pride Club ticket presale today was unbelievably badly run. To add my experience to the chorus of misery:

:angry: 1. I paid for a Premium membership online two weeks ago. I never got an email confirming this.

:angry: 2. When I found that there was going to be a presale (by pure luck, on WSI!), I called mlb.com and asked what was going on. They gave me the 20-digit monster code and told me their would be a website link on the SPC page to use it this morning. They had no explanation why I had not gotten an email.

:angry: 3. There was no email at 7am this morning. There was no link on the SPC page. I called mlb.com and they said their would be a link at 9am Central time.

:angry: 4. No link at 9pm. I called mlb.com and they said whoops, they meant 10am Central time.

:angry: 5. There was no link at 10am. I called mlb.com and they said I had to go back to whitesox.com, then tickets, then schedule, then individual game. When I finally saw a box to input I said OK and hung up again.

:angry: 6. The code didn't work. I waited on hold for 35 minutes to be told there were technical difficulties, and they did not know when they would be resolved. I should "just keep trying during the day".

:angry: 7. I finally got an email from mlb.com at 11:11am giving the SOXPRIDE code. I was able to buy tickets. But they were certainly not as good as they would have been over an hour earlier, and I wasted at least 2 hours trying to get them.

:angry: 8. Even though I asked for Lower Box, I was only shown Lower Reserve. But when I went back to the check again this afternoon there were Lower Box available. They had apparently not been released earlier. I called mlb.com about exchanging the tickets, and they said to "talk to ticketmaster, talk to the Sox", talk to anybody but them.

:angry: 9. I phoned mlb.com and demanded a refund of my Sox Pride Premium membership. They said they would put in an "application" and let me know "whether I was approved".

:angry: THE NUT OF ALL THIS: IF YOU BOUGHT A SOXPRIDE MEMBERSHIP AND HAD PROBLEMS TODAY, DEMAND A REFUND!!! DO NOT LET YOURSELF BE TREATED LIKE THIS IN THE PATHETIC HOPE FOR A TICKET OR TWO DOWN THE ROAD. IT JUST ISN'T WORTH IT.
Another happy newcomer!

chisoxmike
02-14-2007, 05:56 PM
The problem is that there are way too many pre-sales going on. Too many pre-sales and not enough tickets.

They need to re-think who they give pre-sales to. I mean, bascially every Sox fan has got a pre-sale in some way. Either season ticket holders, Sox Pride Clubs members (which I think is a waste of money in general) and just general Sox fans who go to whitesox.com. They need to limit the pre-sales (which then will piss people off) and somehow find a way to contact EVERY SINGLE person that is supposed to get it.

Also, MLB needs to get a better public ticketing service besides ticket****er and tickets.com. Somehow, MLB should do the ticketing themselves and not leave it to a third party.

Scottiehaswheels
02-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Just saw this on Ebay.. found it uh... interesting.. http://cgi.ebay.com/Chicago-White-Sox-Presale-Password-All-Games_W0QQitemZ330088727754QQihZ014QQcategoryZ1612 2QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

chisoxmike
02-14-2007, 07:45 PM
Just saw this on Ebay.. found it uh... interesting.. http://cgi.ebay.com/Chicago-White-Sox-Presale-Password-All-Games_W0QQitemZ330088727754QQihZ014QQcategoryZ1612 2QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Wow. 3 people payed 12.99 for that.

Thats one of those things you go "Why didn't I think of that?"

lizard6king6
02-14-2007, 07:53 PM
Wow. 3 people payed 12.99 for that.

Thats one of those things you go "Why didn't I think of that?"

Look again, thank god no one bought these. 3 are available though it says. These password they give are so obvious like todays "Soxpride" fan club password was easy to guess.

SouthSide_HitMen
02-14-2007, 08:14 PM
The problem is that there are way too many pre-sales going on. Too many pre-sales and not enough tickets.

They need to re-think who they give pre-sales to. I mean, bascially every Sox fan has got a pre-sale in some way. Either season ticket holders, Sox Pride Clubs members (which I think is a waste of money in general) and just general Sox fans who go to whitesox.com. They need to limit the pre-sales (which then will piss people off) and somehow find a way to contact EVERY SINGLE person that is supposed to get it.

Also, MLB needs to get a better public ticketing service besides ticket****er and tickets.com. Somehow, MLB should do the ticketing themselves and not leave it to a third party.

I agree there are too many pre sales. They should have sox charge in place in time for the first presale and accept ticket orders via fax, mail and possibly email as they do for group ticket sales.

MLB owns tickets.com, just as they own MLB Advanced Media which is mlb.com and the related media (MLB.tv, audio, cds, dvds, etc.). Satan owns ticketmaster. :angry:

I've ordered tickets for Cubs and out of town teams via tickets.com and it is a much better ordering process. Plus, I rather have MLB get the fees vs. Ticketmaster (which splits a portion with the team per their ticket selling contract with the team).

I would think tickets.com will handle all MLB sales once the existing Ticketmaster contracts with the remaining teams expire. Currently, 14 teams use tickets.com and 16 use ticketmaster.

Scottiehaswheels
02-14-2007, 08:23 PM
Satan owns ticketmaster. :angry:

:borass: "I do? Excellent...."

gosox3072
02-14-2007, 09:29 PM
I agree there are too many pre sales. They should have sox charge in place in time for the first presale and accept ticket orders via fax, mail and possibly email as they do for group ticket sales.

MLB owns tickets.com, just as they own MLB Advanced Media which is mlb.com and the related media (MLB.tv, audio, cds, dvds, etc.). Satan owns ticketmaster. :angry:

I've ordered tickets for Cubs and out of town teams via tickets.com and it is a much better ordering process. Plus, I rather have MLB get the fees vs. Ticketmaster (which splits a portion with the team per their ticket selling contract with the team).

I would think tickets.com will handle all MLB sales once the existing Ticketmaster contracts with the remaining teams expire. Currently, 14 teams use tickets.com and 16 use ticketmaster.

Ticketmaster does blow, but tickets.com has the unbeatable "virtual waiting room" Id rather use ticketmaster

ewokpelts
02-15-2007, 12:25 AM

I would think tickets.com will handle all MLB sales once the existing Ticketmaster contracts with the remaining teams expire. Currently, 14 teams use tickets.com and 16 use ticketmaster.ticket.com is ass ****ing horrible.....ticketbasted is slightly better...

MincHiaPettito
02-15-2007, 12:38 AM
maybe they should just use amazon.com . pay for your ticket and shipping, and no ridiculous convenience charges. or abolish online ticketing, well thatd be dumb, but when they first go on sale only let it be at the box office

WhiteSoxFan84
02-15-2007, 04:52 AM
Believe it or not, but the Cubs are a lot more organized than this. And the demand for their tickets exceeds the demand for ours.

I love Brooks Boyer and his work to death, but he's losing a lot of followers with this idea. Stick to ONE pre-sale date and ONE official/open to the public sale date.

And I said this last year, I know a lot of people will bash me for this as well, but I feel like the whole "pre-sale for season ticket holders" thing is BS. You guys already got your tickets, now you should stand in line like the rest of us who can't afford season tickets and get what you can. It's so obvious that MOST ALL (not ALL, MOST all) season ticket holders who buy extras end up putting them on eBay. Some of you do give them to family or friends and thats awesome. But let's be realistic, not everyone is going to do that.

itsnotrequired
02-15-2007, 07:56 AM
It's so obvious that MOST ALL (not ALL, MOST all) season ticket holders who buy extras end up putting them on eBay.

Any basis whatsoever for this claim or is this just general whining?

Cat Thief
02-15-2007, 09:09 AM
Believe it or not, but the Cubs are a lot more organized than this. And the demand for their tickets exceeds the demand for ours.

I love Brooks Boyer and his work to death, but he's losing a lot of followers with this idea. Stick to ONE pre-sale date and ONE official/open to the public sale date.

And I said this last year, I know a lot of people will bash me for this as well, but I feel like the whole "pre-sale for season ticket holders" thing is BS. You guys already got your tickets, now you should stand in line like the rest of us who can't afford season tickets and get what you can. It's so obvious that MOST ALL (not ALL, MOST all) season ticket holders who buy extras end up putting them on eBay. Some of you do give them to family or friends and thats awesome. But let's be realistic, not everyone is going to do that.

Cry me a river. I spent over $4000 on my tickets this year and I was not able to get any extras for opening day or SOX/Cubs. But, you or anyone else can go buy a Ozzie plan right now for under $700 and get tickets to both the opener and Cubs/SOX.

:violin:

WhiteSoxFan84
02-15-2007, 10:51 AM
Any basis whatsoever for this claim or is this just general whining?

Tons of basis. A lot of people I work with, know, or people that my friends know are always looking to sell "extras" for over face value or have tickets on ebay all the time. And you can pretend its not true, but it is. And they all usually have the same excuse, "I'm selling these to make some of my money back that I spent on the season tickets".

Cat Thief -
If I could afford an Ozzie Plan I'd do it in a heartbeat. In 2 years ill be able to afford season tickets, doesn't mean I should be treated like a 2nd rate fan right now. Its just a little tough going to school full-time, working 32 hours a week, having papers and speeches do every other day, and having a car bill. You can take the easy way out like itsnotrequired and call this whining, but believe me, I won't lose one second of sleep if things stay as is.

skottyj242
02-15-2007, 11:04 AM
Tons of basis. A lot of people I work with, know, or people that my friends know are always looking to sell "extras" for over face value or have tickets on ebay all the time. And you can pretend its not true, but it is. And they all usually have the same excuse, "I'm selling these to make some of my money back that I spent on the season tickets".

How about you go scratch. Just because you know some people that sell their extras try and make money and that's good for them but tom generalize about most all season ticket holders are doing it is a stupid statement. I know I don't do it. I know itsnotrequired doesn't do it. I know a ton of people that don't do it.

whitesoxwilkes
02-15-2007, 11:11 AM
How about you go scratch. Just because you know some people that sell their extras try and make money and that's good for them but tom generalize about most all season ticket holders are doing it is a stupid statement. I know I don't do it. I know itsnotrequired doesn't do it. I know a ton of people that don't do it.

I have never ever ever sold a Sox ticket for over face value.

itsnotrequired
02-15-2007, 11:17 AM

I ordered 28 tickets through the presale last year and sold 2 of them on eBay (Opening Day). I sold my Friday and Saturday Cub extras for face (to WSI's very own pdimas) and gave the Sunday extras to a friend as payment for babysitting a couple times. The rest were for family/friends.

I never said no one was selling tickets above face but to make a claim that "most" season ticket holders buying tickets during the presale are getting them just to sell is wild speculation at best.

Steelrod
02-15-2007, 11:22 AM
Been a full season ticketholder for over 20 years and have NEVER sold a ticket! Given tons away and ate even more. If my tickets have more value now can be looked at as a reward and any perks granted me are deserved.
I sacrifice other things in order to maintain my seats, but do not complain. When seats become more plentiful, I will still be there. You probably will not!

WhiteSoxFan84
02-15-2007, 11:22 AM

I said I had an itch? Listen, I don't want this turning into a childish arguement. So have some respect and keep out the "how about you go scratch" and talk like a mature human being. It's not just people that I know or friends of people I know. I talk to some people who sell tickets on eBay (especially when I have to resort to buying tickets on eBay to go to a game with buddies) and I communicate with them. Usually I ask them how they were lucky enough to land such good tickets to good games. What's the answer I've heard more times than not? "My dad's a season ticket holder", "I'm a season ticket holder so I have my tickets, these are extras I picked up".

WhiteSoxFan84
02-15-2007, 11:26 AM
Real question for you guys -

How do I avoid getting the section 156 and 108 tickets? Is there anyway I can get the "Best Available" tickets but avoiding those 2 sections? For anyone that doesn't know, those are the sections directly behind the outfield polls. They're on an angle and most of the seats have obstructed views.

itsnotrequired
02-15-2007, 11:32 AM

How do I avoid getting the section 156 and 108 tickets? Is there anyway I can get the "Best Available" tickets but avoiding those 2 sections? For anyone that doesn't know, those are the sections directly behind the outfield polls. They're on an angle and most of the seats have obstructed views.

Call the Sox or Ticketmaster directly.

skottyj242
02-15-2007, 11:36 AM
I said I had an itch? Listen, I don't want this turning into a childish arguement. So have some respect and keep out the "how about you go scratch" and talk like a mature human being. It's not just people that I know or friends of people I know. I talk to some people who sell tickets on eBay (especially when I have to resort to buying tickets on eBay to go to a game with buddies) and I communicate with them. Usually I ask them how they were lucky enough to land such good tickets to good games. What's the answer I've heard more times than not? "My dad's a season ticket holder", "I'm a season ticket holder so I have my tickets, these are extras I picked up".

You're generalizing the season ticket base as a whole as being manipulative money grubbers and you want me, a season ticket holder you're generalizing, to show you respect? Don't come down on us honest people because you got a problem with the hand you were dealt in life. If I wanna buy up all the tickets I want (even though I don't) and sell them for a hundred bucks a pop on ebay that's my right.

Beer Can Chicken
02-15-2007, 11:38 AM

Cat Thief -
If I could afford an Ozzie Plan I'd do it in a heartbeat. In 2 years ill be able to afford season tickets, doesn't mean I should be treated like a 2nd rate fan right now. Its just a little tough going to school full-time, working 32 hours a week, having papers and speeches do every other day, and having a car bill. You can take the easy way out like itsnotrequired and call this whining, but believe me, I won't lose one second of sleep if things stay as is.

I couldn't afford season tickets in college either. I couldn't afford alot of things in college; I can now. I didn't get the to go to the games I wanted to, I didn't get the car I wanted, I didn't get the apartment I wanted. The list goes on and on. I'd bet most peeps that went to college were in the same situation. In almost every material aspect of life the good things go to the people with more resources to get them, one day you will be there too. Quit whining and buy season tickets when you can afford them.

Scottiehaswheels
02-15-2007, 11:40 AM

Search for bleachers or UD.. otherwise no luck...

and in regards to people selling their tix to make some money... who the hell are you to be holier than thou and tell other people what they should/shouldn't do with their own damn money? I see people selling tix for below face on Ebay all the time... I'm sure that wasn't their intention when they bought the tix but they took a risk with THEIR money.. And someone else got a great deal... I'm sorry if you can't get prime games for face or less.. Thats the reason they are prime games... Supply and demand.. or keep an eye out on as people always put their extras up on websites like this one for face...

But you have irritated me so I'm gonna make a statement like you did... I think the people that bitch the most turn around and do the same thing they bitch about when they get the opportunity.. so you're a poor college student now... I want to see your Ebay name, so in a couple years when you can afford season tix, I'll check and see if your holier than thou attitude still prevails...

skottyj242
02-15-2007, 11:40 AM
I couldn't afford season tickets in college either. I couldn't afford alot of things in college; I can now. I didn't get the to go to the games I wanted to, I didn't get the car I wanted, I didn't get the apartment I wanted. The list goes on and on. I'd bet most peeps that went to college were in the same situation. In almost every material aspect of life the good things go to the people with more resources to get them, one day you will be there too. Quit whining and buy season tickets when you can afford them.

I'll drink to that. :gulp:

Harry Potter
02-15-2007, 11:41 AM
Quit whining and buy season tickets when you can afford them.

Couldn't have said it better myself...

WhiteSoxFan84
02-15-2007, 11:45 AM
You're generalizing the season ticket base as a whole as being manipulative money grubbers and you want me, a season ticket holder you're generalizing, to show you respect? Don't come down on us honest people because you got a problem with the hand you were dealt in life. If I wanna buy up all the tickets I want (even though I don't) and sell them for a hundred bucks a pop on ebay that's my right.

See, now you're just trying way to hard to sway the "popular vote" in your direction...

I'm done with this conversation because it clearly has no meaning anymore. I simply stated my opinion and then I get called a "whiner" and then you accuse me of calling some of the posters on here "manipulative money grubbers". Yikes. Way to make fellow Sox fans and their opinions feel welcome huh skotty? :rolleyes:

skottyj242
02-15-2007, 11:52 AM
I'm done with this conversation because it clearly has no meaning anymore. I simply stated my opinion and then I get called a "whiner" and then you accuse me of calling some of the posters on here "manipulative money grubbers". Yikes. Way to make fellow Sox fans and their opinions feel welcome huh skotty? :rolleyes:

Your opinon is always welcome it's just not agreed with. You do realize that we all had to give the Sox an interest free loan last September and when they didn't make the playoffs we didn't get that money back if we wanted our seats this year right? So why shouldn't we get some perks? Most of us got shut out for extras like opening day and the crosstown anyway.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-15-2007, 11:54 AM
What games did you guys get?

So far I got 4 in section 106 vs. the Yankees in June and 4 in section 163 vs. the Yankees again in May. Had to play $360 for those 8 tickets though, whoa. But I'm going with buddies so I basically $90 for my tickets to both games.

Jerko
02-15-2007, 11:56 AM
If some of you guys weren't on here bitching you might have gotten the tickets you wanted......... Oh, it's 10:01 and it's the third or fourth pre-sale, and I can't get 45 first row unobstructed aisle seats togehter for all the Cub games and Opening day, ticketmaster sucks, season ticket holders suck, premium holders suck, Brooks is losing on this one blah blah blah. Face it. Until the Sox suck again, this is the system we have. And even when that time comes, the Cub games are STILL gonna be hard to get so just live with it. The Sox play 78 home games against teams better than the freakin Cubs, try for a seat for one of those.

skottyj242
02-15-2007, 12:04 PM
What games did you guys get?

So far I got 4 in section 106 vs. the Yankees in June and 4 in section 163 vs. the Yankees again in May. Had to play $360 for those 8 tickets though, whoa. But I'm going with buddies so I basically $90 for my tickets to both games.

Wait a minute, wait a minute. You've been bitching for the last three pages about us buying up all the presale games and you just bought tickets THROUG A PRESALE? Does anyone else find at least a hint of irony here?

havelj
02-15-2007, 12:06 PM
When can we buy at the box office so we can avoid the TickerMaster charges?

RoobarbPie
02-15-2007, 12:07 PM

Can anyone that has sat in these seats before let me know how they are? I've got season seats in 161, but had to buy 16 tickets together for a Sunday game and my choice was either two rows of 8 in 156 or go to the upper deck. I was in a hurry buying these before running out the door and looking back I should've just called Ticketbastard to see if there were better choices on the lower level....

edit: I want to add that I did search for bleachers and got no luck...

Scottiehaswheels
02-15-2007, 12:07 PM
Wait a minute, wait a minute. You've been bitching for the last three pages about us buying up all the presale games and you just bought tickets THROUG A PRESALE? Does anyone else find at least a hint of irony here?I like how he's whoaing $360 for 2 Yankee games... of course he isn't congratulating himself on section 149 tix for the Royals or anything... he's complaining about not getting premium box seats for the Yankees is what this boils down to...

skottyj242
02-15-2007, 12:10 PM
I like how he's whoaing $360 for 2 Yankee games... of course he isn't congratulating himself on section 149 tix for the Royals or anything... he's complaining about not getting premium box seats for the Yankees is what this boils down to...

Gotta love it.

SouthSide_HitMen
02-15-2007, 12:19 PM
When can we buy at the box office so we can avoid the TickerMaster charges?

This Saturday. :cool:

itsnotrequired
02-15-2007, 12:21 PM
This Saturday. :cool:

Sort of sucks that Sox Charge isn't available until next Friday. You figure they would have that open the same time as general sales. So go the mysteries of life...

WhiteSoxFan84
02-15-2007, 12:21 PM
Wait a minute, wait a minute. You've been bitching for the last three pages about us buying up all the presale games and you just bought tickets THROUG A PRESALE? Does anyone else find at least a hint of irony here?

...... you gotta be this ignorant on purpose right?? No way are you seriously this..... wow. Just wow. Go back and reread this whole thread because you are completely skipping a lot of sentences. Mainly the one that had me bringing up "SEASON TICKET HOLDERS having their own pre-sale date".

..... wow again.....

skottyj242
02-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Sort of sucks that Sox Charge isn't available until next Friday. You figure they would have that open the same time as general sales. So go the mysteries of life...

Is there an interst charge on Sox Charge?

itsnotrequired
02-15-2007, 12:23 PM
Is there an interst charge on Sox Charge?

I'm not following you.

skottyj242
02-15-2007, 12:24 PM
...... you gotta be this ignorant on purpose right?? No way are you seriously this..... wow. Just wow. Go back and reread this whole thread because you are completely skipping a lot of sentences. Mainly the one that had me bringing up "SEASON TICKET HOLDERS having their own pre-sale date".

..... wow again.....

So because you have an account at whitesox.com or are a pride member you should have special priviledge? What makes you so much better than the people that can't get tickets until tomorrow? What makes you so much better than the people that don't have internet access and have to buy tix Saturday at the box office? You snob. You should be ashamed of yourself. I say good day to you sir.

skottyj242
02-15-2007, 12:26 PM
I'm not following you.

Sox Charge is just buying tickets and putting them in your season ticket acount right? Do they charge you an interest rate like a credit card? How long can you run that balance?

Scottiehaswheels
02-15-2007, 12:27 PM

..... wow again.....
Um why not? We're the one's pouring thousands of our own money into these tickets... Maybe we have family/friends we want to get a couple days of 10 tickets for... Who the hell are you to say we shouldn't have a presale? someone that whoa's spending $360 on tix for a year... and then gets reimbursed for $270 of that.. so $90 out of your pocket... you get a presale because you signed up for an account on whitesox.com.. I think you shouldn't get a presale and should have to get yours tomorrow like everyone else that doesn't have an account on there... what do you think about that?

whitesoxwilkes
02-15-2007, 12:29 PM
The last pre-sale thread we had ended up in the roadhouse because you guys couldn't control yourselves.

This one is about to suffer a similar fate if you guys don't stop with the name calling and the broad-brushing.

skottyj242
02-15-2007, 12:31 PM
The last pre-sale thread we had ended up in the roadhouse because you guys couldn't control yourselves.

This one is about to suffer a similar fate if you guys don't stop with the name calling and the broad-brushing.

*grabs the dunce cap and heads for the usual chair in the corner*

ewokpelts
02-15-2007, 12:50 PM
Be thankful we dont have to endure the wristbands up north. OR the virtual waiting room.

Me? I'm ok with presales...more tickets sold.
There will be flubs and OD tickets tomorrow. And a week before the game. AND here on the exchange.

skottyj242
02-15-2007, 12:58 PM
Be thankful we dont have to endure the wristbands up north. OR the virtual waiting room.

Me? I'm ok with presales...more tickets sold.
There will be flubs and OD tickets tomorrow. And a week before the game. AND here on the exchange.

The exchange here is not real. ALL season ticket holders sell their games on ebay.

ewokpelts
02-15-2007, 01:14 PM
The exchange here is not real. ALL season ticket holders sell their games on ebay.
?

Cat Thief
02-15-2007, 01:17 PM
?

teal

WhiteSoxFan84
02-15-2007, 01:22 PM
Um why not? We're the one's pouring thousands of our own money into these tickets... Maybe we have family/friends we want to get a couple days of 10 tickets for... Who the hell are you to say we shouldn't have a presale? someone that whoa's spending $360 on tix for a year... and then gets reimbursed for $270 of that.. so $90 out of your pocket... you get a presale because you signed up for an account on whitesox.com.. I think you shouldn't get a presale and should have to get yours tomorrow like everyone else that doesn't have an account on there... what do you think about that?

I'm a member of neither. Two very kind people on this board helped me out by giving me the password. I can actually say 3 people helped me out since someone on this very thread has the password in his post. Its people like them that make me proud to be a member of WSI and keep me coming back. Its people like you on here that make me went to stay away. But thankfully there's very few like you and thankfully we have great mods around here to keep this place respectable. And its because of those mods that this will truly be my last response to you on this thread because this is meaningless.

And as for that person who was talking about me pointing out the prices for the Yankees game but leaving out what I paid for Royals tickets; why would I seek Royals tickets during a pre-sale? Come on now.

Scottiehaswheels
02-15-2007, 01:29 PM
I'm a member of neither. Two very kind people on this board helped me out by giving me the password. I can actually say 3 people helped me out since someone on this very thread has the password in his post. Its people like them that make me proud to be a member of WSI and keep me coming back. Its people like you on here that make me went to stay away. But thankfully there's very few like you and thankfully we have great mods around here to keep this place respectable. And its because of those mods that this will truly be my last response to you on this thread because this is meaningless.

And as for that person who was talking about me pointing out the prices for the Yankees game but leaving out what I paid for Royals tickets; why would I seek Royals tickets during a pre-sale? Come on now.
People like me as you call it are the same people POSTING these passcodes for pre-sales for YOUR use and posting discount codes to be used at places like stubhub etc. for you to get the tickets you want at a more reasonable price. I'm done with you you ungrateful snob.

Cat Thief
02-15-2007, 01:29 PM
You had no problem selling these on Ebay. I can only imagine what you would do with a couple of extra Cub/Sox tickets.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1396824#post1396824

soxfan13
02-15-2007, 01:38 PM
You had no problem selling these on Ebay. I can only imagine what you would do with a couple of extra Cub/Sox tickets.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1396824#post1396824

NICE!!!!! Im wondering how he got 3?:rolleyes:

WhiteSoxFan84
02-15-2007, 01:48 PM

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1396824#post1396824 (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=1396824#post1396824)

You caught me.... I sold an extra trophy.... lol man oh man, did you seriously just research my history to find a post from OCTOBER???? Holy crap do you have a lot of time on your hands. Here's the difference though; I had the same opportunity at getting those tickets just like everyone else did. Tickets to the game with the trophies were available on the first public sale date and I believe it was the first 20,000 who made it to the game got one. So if you got there just early enough, you had the same opportunity I did.

NICE!!!!! Im wondering how he got 3?:rolleyes:

....... I went with 4 people.... 2 of them were Cub fans..... how else did I get three? I almost didn't get my own 1 because when I walked in they didn't have any at that gate, made me run to another gate, they wouldn't even let me in because my ticket was ripped. But the customer service people at the lobby are amazing and took care of it within seconds.

I'm just done with this post. Make sure you guys "slap hands" and giggle about how "we got him!!". Yikes.....

soxfan13
02-15-2007, 01:50 PM
You caught me.... I sold an extra trophy.... lol man oh man, did you seriously just research my history to find a post from OCTOBER???? Holy crap do you have a lot of time on your hands.

....... I went with 4 people.... 2 of them were Cub fans..... how else did I get three? I almost didn't get my own 1 because when I walked in they didn't have any at that gate, made me run to another gate, they wouldn't even let me in because my ticket was ripped. But the customer service people at the lobby are amazing and took care of it within seconds.

I'm just done with this post. Make sure you guys "slap hands" and giggle about how "we got him!!". Yikes.....

was just wondering how you got 3 when people were shut out because of the greedy "ebay people" buying extras from the ushers at the gates.

skottyj242
02-15-2007, 01:53 PM
We got him!!!!!!!!!! High fives all around!!!!!!! For the presale today I have no idea how anybody couldn't figure out SOXFAN.

soxfan13
02-15-2007, 01:55 PM
We got him!!!!!!!!!! High fives all around!!!!!!! For the presale today I have no idea how anybody couldn't figure out SOXFAN.

soxfan13 sits in the corner giggling:tongue:

WhiteSoxFan84
02-15-2007, 01:56 PM
was just wondering how you got 3 when people were shut out because of the greedy "ebay people" buying extras from the ushers at the gates.

Oh, sorry. I thought you were being a smartass like a few others. I was with my girlfriend at the time, my cousin, and one of my friends. All 3 of them are Cubs fans yet my cousin is a realist and actually did celebrate with me in 2005. He kept his because he really liked. My GF gave me hers right away. My friend had the one that was sold at the game for $40. He was 16 years old and although I made the sale, he got the cash. He gave me $10 for parking and gas.

Cat Thief
02-15-2007, 01:56 PM
You caught me.... I sold an extra trophy.... lol man oh man, did you seriously just research my history to find a post from OCTOBER???? Holy crap do you have a lot of time on your hands.

I have a great job. What can I say?

soxfan13
02-15-2007, 01:58 PM
Oh, sorry. I thought you were being a smartass like a few others. I was with my girlfriend at the time, my cousin, and one of my friends. All 3 of them are Cubs fans yet my cousin is a realist and actually did celebrate with me in 2005. He kept his because he really liked. My GF gave me hers right away. My friend had the one that was sold at the game for $40. He was 16 years old and although I made the sale, he got the cash. He gave me $10 for parking and gas.

No was being sincere because I actually witnessed a guy slipping the usher a 20 for a extra trophy and then heard a few other people witness the same thing especially with the rings.

itsnotrequired
02-15-2007, 02:03 PM
Sox Charge is just buying tickets and putting them in your season ticket acount right? Do they charge you an interest rate like a credit card? How long can you run that balance?

It doesn't go to your season ticket account. When you sign up, you give them your credit card number. It doesn't even have to match your season ticket account credit card. It is basically like visiting the box office but over the phone. There are no fees, all you pay is face value of the ticket. Then they mail you the tickets. there is no balance other than what is on your credit card.

You can also add additional people to the account that are authorized to make purchases. I threw my wife's name on there so if whenever she wants to get extra tickets, she can call them up and not have to wait for me to do it.

skottyj242
02-15-2007, 02:05 PM
It doesn't go to your season ticket account. When you sign up, you give them your credit card number. It doesn't even have to match your season ticket account credit card. It is basically like visiting the box office but over the phone. There are no fees, all you pay is face value of the ticket. Then they mail you the tickets. there is no balance other than what is on your credit card.

You can also add additional people to the account that are authorized to make purchases. I threw my wife's name on there so if whenever she wants to get extra tickets, she can call them up and not have to wait for me to do it.

Thanks for clearing that up.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-15-2007, 02:07 PM
No was being sincere because I actually witnessed a guy slipping the usher a 20 for a extra trophy and then heard a few other people witness the same thing especially with the rings.

Yeh it was pretty ugly. I heard the samething about the replica rings. I went in a certain gate but they had none left. After the usher rips my ticket he tells me "they have a lot at the other gate". So I asked if I can go get one at the other gate. He told me to go out and enter again at the other gate and he gave me his name to use if I'm asked about my ripped ticket. I told the ushers at the other gate this guy's name and they had no idea who he was lol.

ewokpelts
02-15-2007, 02:11 PM
Yeh it was pretty ugly. I heard the samething about the replica rings. I went in a certain gate but they had none left. After the usher rips my ticket he tells me "they have a lot at the other gate". So I asked if I can go get one at the other gate. He told me to go out and enter again at the other gate and he gave me his name to use if I'm asked about my ripped ticket. I told the ushers at the other gate this guy's name and they had no idea who he was lol.sucks to be you

Jerko
02-15-2007, 02:12 PM
They still rip tickets at the Cell???

itsnotrequired
02-15-2007, 02:12 PM

I was just going to post that!

They use the scanners but sometimes they are on the fritz. I was at one game last year where they actually took the stub because of this.

WhiteSoxFan84
02-15-2007, 02:22 PM

I was just going to post that!

They use the scanners but sometimes they are on the fritz. I was at one game last year where they actually took the stub because of this.

You guys are right, he did scan it. Then when they went to scan it again, it wouldn't let me in. I think it says, "GO!" or "OK!" when your ticket is legit. But if it's being used to enter the stadium again it says "STOP!" and that's what happened.

Harry Potter
02-15-2007, 02:30 PM
if I'm asked about my ripped ticket.

You guys are right, he did scan it.

One minute it was ripped. The next it was scanned.

If your day job doesn't work out, you just may have a future in politics, Mr. Flip Flopper

WhiteSoxFan84
02-15-2007, 02:38 PM
One minute it was ripped. The next it was scanned.

If your day job doesn't work out, you just may have a future in politics, Mr. Flip Flopper

LOL, wow, you've never made a mistake before? Or had a hardtime remembering exact details? God, I hope you're not a judge or a police officer. People make simple mistakes everyday and you're there to pick on them huh? Hold your horses there buddy, jeez lol.

http://softball.hnrc.tufts.edu/chunky/images/jps/borat-cb.jpg
"Whats the matter *****cat? Give me a smile!"

DumpJerry
02-16-2007, 01:39 PM
WhiteSoxFan84:
I was going to quote all your idiotic statements, but there is only so much bandwidth here.

Get a clue: life is not fair. You want fair? Go to the popcorn and cotton candy by the Ferris Wheel. To paraphrase an old American Express marketing campaign: "membership has privileges." When you get done with school, etc. and can afford season tickets, you, too, can participate in the presale. But, seeing as how someone shared the password information with you so that you can act like those of us who shelled out thousands of hard-earned dollars for the privilege, I say get outa here and join your Cub-fan girlfriend at The Urinal. You should fit right in the rest of the hypocrites up there.

I'm not high-fiving anyone or giggling. I'm :angry: at you for being 100% disingenuous. Next time you want to express an opinion, come clean with your involvement and also provide your factual basis for the assertion. I hope that isn't too difficult to do.

KenBerryGrab
02-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Wow. I had no trouble at all. I love the Sox Pride club because I like the free GameDay audio so I can get day games on the computer at work. The lower-fee one, $19.95, was just fine for me. Sure, it's a jack from last year, but it's still just $5 more than GameDay audio alone. Whoever signed up last year and didn't know that $9.95 was a teaser, one-year rate is pretty naive.

And I was one of the people actually buying a Royals game. The half-price Monday in August, I got some great seats in the lower boxes. Bummed the Tiger series was not a half-price Monday, but I certainly understand.

Hey, people actually want to come to the park now. Would you rather they sucked again?