PDA

View Full Version : Update on White Sox surgeries

salty99
02-13-2007, 09:16 AM
I never heard about the Cintron one before:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-070212soxbrite,1,2821818.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

WizardsofOzzie
02-13-2007, 09:33 AM
I never heard about the Cintron one before:

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-070212soxbrite,1,2821818.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines
Me either. It's nice to see Pods getting out there early. Hopefully he remembers to take it slow at first

salty99
02-13-2007, 09:34 AM
Me either. It's nice to see Pods getting out there early. Hopefully he remembers to take it slow at first

I talked to Pods at the auto show on Sat. and he said that he's ahead of schedule right now.

whitem0nkey
02-13-2007, 10:19 AM
this does not sound good.

The Sox are unsure whether Uribe will report with the rest of the position players. Several telephone messages have been left for Martin Arburua, Uribe's agent and attorney, but he has not returned them.

from what i read earlier i though that uribe should be here no problem. does anybody have any other new info in the uribe trial thing?

veeter
02-13-2007, 10:24 AM
I have no facts. Just a feeling that Juan will be late, but will get there.

voodoochile
02-13-2007, 11:28 AM
I have no facts. Just a feeling that Juan will be late, but will get there.

His hearing is scheduled for 2/21. His reporting date is 2/22. This is according to the official Sox site. He is expected to be on time.

02-13-2007, 11:59 AM
His hearing is scheduled for 2/21. His reporting date is 2/22. This is according to the official Sox site. He is expected to be on time.

If Uribe is not our SS this year and it's Cintron, I would lose no sleep over that

BainesHOF
02-13-2007, 12:07 PM
Podsednik told me Saturday that he should be ready for Opening Day. He was in great spirits (outside of when the autograph pigs would push three, four or even five things in front of him to sign).

Jurr
02-13-2007, 12:12 PM
Podsednik told me Saturday that he should be ready for Opening Day. He was in great spirits (outside of when the autograph pigs would push three, four or even five things in front of him to sign).
"Excuse me, Mr.Podsednik. Please forget the fact that I pushed a 5 year old out of the way. Can you sign this helmet? Oh, yeah, please sign the certificate of authenticity and disregard the price tag that I just put on it for ebay."

"By the way, can you sign this McFarlane figure, too? And this picture and the frame it comes in? Please don't look on ebay for at least six months."

White Sox Randy
02-13-2007, 12:46 PM
"Excuse me, Mr.Podsednik. Please forget the fact that I pushed a 5 year old out of the way. Can you sign this helmet? Oh, yeah, please sign the certificate of authenticity and disregard the price tag that I just put on it for ebay."

"By the way, can you sign this McFarlane figure, too? And this picture and the frame it comes in? Please don't look on ebay for at least six months."

Excellent !

salty99
02-13-2007, 01:38 PM

I was the really tall guy who goes to all the signings and has 50 bats and 50 8x10s of every player.

esbrechtel
02-13-2007, 03:43 PM
I really would love Pods to return to '05 form...i know we have all been giving him a hard time about sucking (not that it wasn't deserved) but if he plays at the level he played at in '05 he is a good player and a great asset to this team....

WhiteSox5187
02-13-2007, 03:49 PM
I really would love Pods to return to '05 form...i know we have all been giving him a hard time about sucking (not that it wasn't deserved) but if he plays at the level he played at in '05 he is a good player and a great asset to this team....
Pods was pretty bad last year, but I think he was jus really really banged up. If (and this is a HUGE if) gets healed up in time, I think he's going to have another big year. Pods has this thing where every other year he has a good year and I have a theory for this: during the odd numbered years (when he does well) he pushes himself so hard that he is really banged up the following year. He doesn't let on and tries to push it which results in him having a really bad year.

Optipessimism
02-13-2007, 05:13 PM
this does not sound good.

The Sox are unsure whether Uribe will report with the rest of the position players. Several telephone messages have been left for Martin Arburua, Uribe's agent and attorney, but he has not returned them.

from what i read earlier i though that uribe should be here no problem. does anybody have any other new info in the uribe trial thing?

You'd think that at least his agent would be staying in touch with the Sox...