PDA

View Full Version : Orioles sign Trachsel, lose Benson for the season

thedudeabides
02-12-2007, 03:31 PM
Per Fox sports.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6467752

getonbckthr
02-12-2007, 03:35 PM
A) Baltimore should be celebrating this injury he isn't really that good.
B) Not a complete negative for Kris he gets paid to relax at home with Anna.
C) Did he get hurt during winter workouts? How would they have not caught this in say September or October?

NardiWasHere
02-12-2007, 03:55 PM
Hopefully this also means Anna Benson is out for the year too.

oeo
02-12-2007, 04:00 PM
I thought those two were getting divorced?

getonbckthr
02-12-2007, 04:05 PM
It just keeps getting worse for Kris.

JUribe1989
02-12-2007, 05:00 PM
Humongous loss for the Orioles. They need Jaret Wright to step it up now, which isn't completely unreasonable with Leo Mazzone back as his pitching coach. I feel for the O's, looking at their staff I truly believed that it was the best in their division. Bedard is a stud, Benson keeps below a 5 ERA but is good when on, Cabrera went nuts at the end of the season with a 1.46 ERA in his last 10 starts, Wright was the #1 starter for the Braves with Mazzone, and Adam Loewen was great for Canada in the WBC and is only 22 years old. Mark my words, Loewen will be the best 5th starter in the entire league this year. This is a major blow to the O's.

Sargeant79
02-13-2007, 01:04 AM
According to espn.com, the O's just signed Steve Traschel to a 1 yr, $3 mil deal to take Bensen's spot.

Soxfanspcu11
02-13-2007, 02:46 AM

If I am on top of my Hollywood style gossip, which I usually am:redface: , I believe that they seperated like 6 months ago.

Don't know if they are still technically married or whatever though.

And from the little that was released through the press about it, I guess Kris was cheating on Anna and that's the reason for the break up.

No word yet on whether or not she went through on her promise of what to do if Kris did indeed cheat!

If I were a betting man, I would venture to say that she fulfilled that promise even before they seperated. :D:

She doesn't seem like she would be Miss Faithful.

getonbckthr
02-13-2007, 03:12 AM
If I am on top of my Hollywood style gossip, which I usually am:redface: , I believe that they seperated like 6 months ago.

Don't know if they are still technically married or whatever though.

And from the little that was released through the press about it, I guess Kris was cheating on Anna and that's the reason for the break up.

No word yet on whether or not she went through on her promise of what to do if Kris did indeed cheat!

If I were a betting man, I would venture to say that she fulfilled that promise even before they seperated. :D:

She doesn't seem like she would be Miss Faithful.
That would be the only reason to be an Oriole by choice.:smile:

IndianWhiteSox
02-13-2007, 05:53 AM
According to espn.com, the O's just signed Steve Traschel to a 1 yr, $3 mil deal to take Bensen's spot.

Which former Mets starter will they sign next, Tom Seaver?:tongue:

SouthSide_HitMen
02-13-2007, 08:39 AM
Linky (http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20070212&content_id=1800260&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb)

The Mets ended up getting John Maine and El Duque (who they acquired for Julio obtained in the Benson deal) for dumping Benson. Trachsel was a free agent that even the pitching desperate Mets passed on. Good luck in the American League (and AL East to boot). LOL

Unfortunately, this still doesn't make up for the idiotic Scott Kazmir for Victor Zambrano deal Jim Duquette did in his sole season of destruction as Mets GM in 2004. Jim is the current Orioles Asst. GM.

PaulDrake
02-13-2007, 10:02 AM
I keep asking the same question over and over. Why are today's pitchers so weak and fragile? They're definitely taller and supposedly stronger, but they do down with arm and shoulder problems regularly. Nowadays if a manager leaves his starter in after 110 pitches or so, fans want him fired. I'm no fan of Dusty Baker, but he didn't ruin Mark Prior. I miss pitchers who would give you 25 complete games and 300 innings and then come back and do it again the next year. Teams now have to carry 11 or 12 pitchers which limits a managers options in the late innings, especially in the AL. You just don't have the late inning bats or fielding replacements in the numbers that managers in previous eras had. As for Benson, it's no great loss to the Orioles. He never came close to fullfilling his promise, and it shouldn't be impossible to find someone who can replace his less than stellar numbers.