PDA

View Full Version : Sox/Bulls Road Trip idea: Atlanta

ewokpelts
02-13-2007, 03:16 AM
Sox will be in the ATL to face the Braves on March 30/31. Bulls play the Hawks on April 1(2pm local start time).

Might be fun.
Gene

SCarolina_Ron
02-13-2007, 09:05 AM
FYI: The Sox games are 3/30 & 3/31. I'll be there but can't stay for the Bulls game.

maurice
02-13-2007, 12:50 PM
The Sox (split squad) also will be in the Birmingham area on 3/29.

It's an easy drive to ATL.

DSpivack
02-13-2007, 12:52 PM
I'll be at all three! For those coming down, be aware that it will be Final Four weekend.

ewokpelts
02-13-2007, 12:56 PM
I'll be at all three! For those coming down, be aware that it will be Final Four weekend.
if the final four in hotlanta this year?

DSpivack
02-13-2007, 12:59 PM
if the final four in hotlanta this year?

Yes, at the Georgia Dome.

soxfanatlanta
02-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Sox will be in the ATL to face the Braves on March 30/31. Bulls play the Hawks on April 1(2pm local start time).

Might be fun.
Gene

I don't think I can make the 15 minute drive from my place, y'all - sorry.

The only annoying thing about these games is that you have to pay regular season prices for the tickets. But last year's games were fun to watch, and the weather should be a winner.

White City
02-13-2007, 04:31 PM
But yeah, hotel rooms and getting around Atlanta will be hell that weekend.

mmmmmbeeer
02-13-2007, 10:45 PM
I'm glad I saw this thread...I had no idea the Sox were coming down here. Woohoo!

DSpivack
02-13-2007, 11:05 PM

The only annoying thing about these games is that you have to pay regular season prices for the tickets. But last year's games were fun to watch, and the weather should be a winner.

Meh, I just bought the cheapest seats in the house...park was very empty last year, especially for the Saturday day game.

mmmmmbeeer
02-14-2007, 12:05 AM
Meh, I just bought the cheapest seats in the house...park was very empty last year, especially for the Saturday day game.

Best available for the Saturday game was in the 400 level, like 12th row behind the plate. Friday's game was the Lexus level out by the LF foul pole. I was really expecting better options considering they're exhibition games.

soxfanatlanta
02-14-2007, 05:55 AM

Where were you for Saturday's game? (I was at the terrace level behind first base.) The ushers there are pretty damn strict about moving up a few rows - strange for an exhibition game.

ewokpelts
02-14-2007, 06:07 AM

i have a feeling that there will be quite a few st holders dumping

DSpivack
02-14-2007, 12:30 PM
Where were you for Saturday's game? (I was at the terrace level behind first base.) The ushers there are pretty damn strict about moving up a few rows - strange for an exhibition game.

Normally they are, but they didn't bother us at all. We got tix for the LF bleachers, but friends didn't want to sit in the sun, so we moved to well down the RF line. Barely anyone in the section.

I want Mags back
02-14-2007, 12:45 PM
no offense to all our members from the ATL, but I really think its quite dumb to make the team go from tucson, to the Southeast, and then back here for the opener at home. it seems like so much unneeded travel before the real games start. if they just must play in a NL park before the season, do it on the way home (ie: St louis, Colorado, etc)

unless they do it to try to get everyone conditioned to traveling, thats good, but I highly doubt its thought of that way.

jcw218
02-14-2007, 01:33 PM
no offense to all our members from the ATL, but I really think its quite dumb to make the team go from tucson, to the Southeast, and then back here for the opener at home. it seems like so much unneeded travel before the real games start. if they just must play in a NL park before the season, do it on the way home (ie: St louis, Colorado, etc)

unless they do it to try to get everyone conditioned to traveling, thats good, but I highly doubt its thought of that way.

If you think that's bad there's the season opening road trip from a few years back where they went from Vegas (exhibition) to Texas (season opener) then to Oakland then to Tampa then to Chicago for the Home opener.

soxfanatlanta
02-14-2007, 01:40 PM

Quite true. But I am not going to complain :wink: Most of my family has moved out of Chicago, so I have very few reasons to go back up there; it's either a couple of exhibition games here or off to the ****hole of a stadium in Tampa (a trip is in the works)

SoxandtheCityTee
02-28-2007, 10:52 PM
Flights to/from ATL have been booked. My brother (who lives there now) is getting the tickets for 3/31.

ewokpelts
03-01-2007, 08:28 AM
Flights to/from ATL have been booked. My brother (who lives there now) is getting the tickets for 3/31.you going to try and catch the bulls too?

SoxandtheCityTee
03-01-2007, 08:43 PM
you going to try and catch the bulls too?

Yes, if tickets aren't too hard (expensive) to get.

DSpivack
03-01-2007, 11:29 PM
Yes, if tickets aren't too hard (expensive) to get.

It's the Hawks. I wouldn't worry about it.

soxfanatlanta
03-02-2007, 06:00 AM
It's the Hawks. I wouldn't worry about it.

+ 1. Getting tickets should not be a problem. I do not know what they will charge for the nose bleed seats, but you should have an easy go.

ewokpelts
03-02-2007, 06:55 AM
+ 1. Getting tickets should not be a problem. I do not know what they will charge for the nose bleed seats, but you should have an easy go.all teams offer $10 tickets behind the baskets upstairs...you should be fine...i'm sure there's guys on craigslist and stub hub dumping(the hawks suck)

Cellview22
03-02-2007, 02:57 PM
This'll work out perfectly for me. I'm already planning a road trip to Atlanta to see my parents on the week of the 26th. Extending my vacation a day or 2 to see the Sox and Bulls might be in the works! :gulp:

SoxandtheCityTee
03-25-2007, 05:25 PM
Just found out we'll be in the tenth row behind the Sox dugout on 3/31. See you ATL Sox fans there!

WagMan
03-26-2007, 10:32 PM
Got tix for Saturday's game already. Considering showing up for Friday as well. Looking forward to my mini road trip to ATL.
Aside from trying to score tickets to the final four, anything else highly recommended to do while visiting?

DSpivack
03-26-2007, 11:06 PM
Got tix for Saturday's game already. Considering showing up for Friday as well. Looking forward to my mini road trip to ATL.
Aside from trying to score tickets to the final four, anything else highly recommended to do while visiting?

Unless you want restaurant recommendations, not really. Bulls here on sunday! The new aquarium is really nice.

I'm only going to the saturday game, working friday. :mad:

soxfanatlanta
03-27-2007, 08:02 AM

There is going to be alot of final four stuff going on down here, but if you want to check out some local clubs or the night scene, PM me with what you have in mind, and I'll see if I can steer you someplace.

If you have allergies, you are going to have a rough go over the weekend; the haze you will see is not our smog, it's our pollen. Seriously, bring alot of Claritin, or whatever you use.

My bud landed some sky box seats, my wife and 2 year old boy are coming; gonna be a blast.

Shall we all try to meet somewhere prior to the game? The Chop House is in right center; good beer, good food (sorry no churros), nice... ahem... scenery.

ChiSox Fan 68
03-27-2007, 09:36 AM
There is going to be alot of final four stuff going on down here, but if you want to check out some local clubs or the night scene, PM me with what you have in mind, and I'll see if I can steer you someplace.

If you have allergies, you are going to have a rough go over the weekend; the haze you will see is not our smog, it's our pollen. Seriously, bring alot of Claritin, or whatever you use.

My bud landed some sky box seats, my wife and 2 year old boy are coming; gonna be a blast.

Shall we all try to meet somewhere prior to the game? The Chop House is in right center; good beer, good food (sorry no churros), nice... ahem... scenery.

My husband and I are flying down Friday night and will be at Saturday's game. We'd love to meet some fellow WSI'ers before the game. Maybe we'll stop by the Chop House. I'll be wearing my black Crede jersey and the hubby will be wearing his black Buehrle jersey. What time does Chop House open?

soxfanatlanta
03-27-2007, 10:06 AM
My husband and I are flying down Friday night and will be at Saturday's game. We'd love to meet some fellow WSI'ers before the game. Maybe we'll stop by the Chop House. I'll be wearing my black Crede jersey and the hubby will be wearing his black Buehrle jersey. What time does Chop House open?

Gates usually open about an hour prior to the first pitch, but since it's still spring training, I'm not exactly sure. I'll keep an eye out for you.

soxfan80
03-27-2007, 12:44 PM
there's going to be a free concert sponsored by Coke. Chevelle(a Chicago band) is among the headliners. info's at : www.mycokerewards.com

BringBackBlkJack
03-29-2007, 09:20 AM
What time does Chop House open?

The Braves website says gates open 2 and a half hours before the start of the game. With that said, I'm gonna get there early (around 5) on Friday for batting practice and also in hopes to weasel my way towards the Sox dugout. I'll be sitting in the outfield pavilion with a few friends who were not gung-ho about throwing down for dugout-area seats. Oh well. I'll be wearing my black Guillen jersey with the WS05 patch. I'm not sure if I will be able to make the Saturday game or not.

ZachAL
03-29-2007, 10:43 AM
Will be there on Saturday, look forward to seeing a lot of sox fans. Will be the college kid in my white Guillen Jersey with WS05 patch. Excited!

alsoxfan
03-29-2007, 01:35 PM
I've got tickets for both the games:gulp:. Next to the opposing bullpen and the first base upperdeck.

Anyone have an idea on the starting pitchers? If they go by last year then the number 3 or 4 pitcher has Friday, and a minor leaguer will throw Saturday.

DSpivack
03-29-2007, 10:27 PM
I've got tickets for both the games:gulp:. Next to the opposing bullpen and the first base upperdeck.

Anyone have an idea on the starting pitchers? If they go by last year then the number 3 or 4 pitcher has Friday, and a minor leaguer will throw Saturday.

If my memory serves me well, last year it was Garcia on friday, definitely was Haeger saturday.

Don't have tickets, but I'll be there saturday. Not sure where yet.

ChiSox Fan 68
03-30-2007, 10:04 AM
We're leaving for the airport soon - can't wait to see the Sox tomorrow!! Hope to see some of you at Chop House before the game!

SCarolina_Ron
03-30-2007, 03:19 PM
My lovely spouse (who is letting us celebrate our 35th anniversary at the ball park...what a gal!), my son & I will be in row 21 behind sox dugout for both games. See y'all there!

DSpivack
03-31-2007, 12:45 AM
Can't wait to see first baseball game of the year!

Also, a Wildfire (Lettuce Entertain You restaurant) opened here four months ago, good friend works there. None other than Kenny Williams was there tonight, he met him and saw the ring. I'm jealous.