PDA

View Full Version : Post your 2007 Sox roster

Whitesox029
02-12-2007, 05:10 PM
Here is what I think the Sox Roster will look like once Podsednik comes back (which will probably be a week or two at most after the season starts):
OF
Podsednik
Dye
Anderson
Erstad
IF
Crede
Uribe
Iguchi
Konerko
Thome
Cintron
Ozuna
Mackowiak
C
Pierzynski
Hall
SP
Contreras
Buehrle
Garland
Vazquez
Floyd
RP
Jenks
Thornton
MacDougal
Aardsma
Sisco
Danks

This is how I think it will end up. In order for Sweeney or Owens to beat out Anderson, one of them will have to have a monster spring with Anderson having a not-so-good one. Basically, I still think it is his job to lose.
I'm also pretty convinced Floyd will win the 5th starter's job, just because of the high praise I have heard from KW and Coop regarding his Fall league performance. Danks will probably grab the 25th spot as the 6th man out of the pen. I've not seen much good from Haeger, and I don't see anyone else who's been touted higher than Danks.
Given this, I'm starting to get really excited about seeing what Floyd and Danks can do. I have a lot of faith in Coop, after all.
Anyone think something different than what I have here will come to pass?

jcw218
02-12-2007, 06:21 PM
Here is what I think the Sox Roster will look like once Podsednik comes back (which will probably be a week or two at most after the season starts):
OF
Podsednik
Dye
Anderson
Erstad
IF
Crede
Uribe
Iguchi
Konerko
Thome
Cintron
Ozuna
Mackowiak
C
Pierzynski
Hall
SP
Contreras
Buehrle
Garland
Vazquez
Floyd
RP
Jenks
Thornton
MacDougal
Aardsma
Sisco
Danks

This is how I think it will end up. In order for Sweeney or Owens to beat out Anderson, one of them will have to have a monster spring with Anderson having a not-so-good one. Basically, I still think it is his job to lose.
I'm also pretty convinced Floyd will win the 5th starter's job, just because of the high praise I have heard from KW and Coop regarding his Fall league performance. Danks will probably grab the 25th spot as the 6th man out of the pen. I've not seen much good from Haeger, and I don't see anyone else who's been touted higher than Danks.
Given this, I'm starting to get really excited about seeing what Floyd and Danks can do. I have a lot of faith in Coop, after all.
Anyone think something different than what I have here will come to pass?

Danks should be in the rotation wether that's the Knight's or the Sox remains to be scene. I think that Masset will be in the pen before Danks. Sisco remains a wild card also. I've scene reports that Kenny was unsure of what role Sisco would play for the Sox, starter or reliever. In my opinion the roster is pretty much set as you've listed above. The only spots that I see being heavily contested are the 5th starter and the last two bullpen slots. That's three pitchers out of the following group of candidates: Broadway, Floyd, Heager, Phillips, Masset, Sisco, Logan, Danks.

nysox35
02-12-2007, 06:32 PM
I agree except I think it will be Masset as the last bullpen guy and not Danks.

I think Danks will be in AAA.
If Sisco is at AAA, I could see Haegar taking his BP spot.

CWSpalehoseCWS
02-12-2007, 06:50 PM
OF
Podsednik
Dye
Anderson
Erstad
IF
Crede
Uribe
Iguchi
Konerko
Thome
Cintron
Ozuna
Mackowiak
C
Pierzynski
Hall
SP
Contreras
Buehrle
Garland
Vazquez
Floyd
RP
Jenks
Thornton
MacDougal
Aardsma
Masset
Haeger

sox1970
02-12-2007, 06:57 PM
#1--Danks won't be in the bullpen

Ok here goes:
Disabled List--Podsednik
Lineup-Erstad, Iguchi, Thome, Konerko, Dye, Pierzynski, Crede, Uribe, Anderson
Bench-Hall, Cintron, Ozuna, Mackowiak, Perez
Rotation-Contreras, Buehrle, Garland, Vazquez, Floyd
Bullpen-Aardsma, Masset, Sisco, Thornton, MacDougal, Jenks

JB98
02-12-2007, 07:15 PM
I don't believe Haeger makes the club unless he is a starter. The knuckleball is unpredictable and creates a lot of passed balls. That makes it difficult to bring Charlie out of the bullpen with men on base.

My guess is Masset gets the last spot in the bullpen. I'll take Floyd as the fifth starter. He'll edge out Haeger. I think Sisco and Aardsma will win spots in the bullpen.

chisoxmike
02-14-2007, 01:10 PM
I'll play...

Lineup: Erstad ( Podsednik), Iguchi, Thome, Dye, Konerko, Crede, Pierzynski, Anderson, Uribe

Rotation: Contreras, Garland, Buehrle, VaZquez, Floyd

Bullpen: Aardsma, Massett, Sisco, MacDougal, Thorton, Jenks

Bench: Hall, Ozuna, Mackowiak, Cintron, Perez

delben91
02-14-2007, 01:38 PM
OF
Dye
Anderson
Erstad
Perez (Podsednik)
IF
Crede
Uribe
Iguchi
Konerko
Thome
Cintron
Ozuna
Mackowiak
C
Pierzynski
Hall
SP
Contreras
Buehrle
Garland
Vazquez
Floyd
RP
Jenks
Thornton
MacDougal
Aardsma
Sisco
Masset

I'm expecting Masset to take the last bullpen spot. I also think Eduardo Perez will take Podsednik's spot while/if Scott's on the DL to open the season.