PDA

View Full Version : Plesac maybe available

Paulwny
03-15-2002, 11:29 AM
by Mike Ganter--- Toronto Sun

Complicating the issue is the fact the Jays have three situational left-handers in Dan Plesac, Pedro Borbon and Felix Heredia. Martinez would prefer to have only two when the team breaks camp, with the odds favouring a Plesac departure.

RedPinStripes
03-15-2002, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by Paulwny
by Mike Ganter--- Toronto Sun

Complicating the issue is the fact the Jays have three situational left-handers in Dan Plesac, Pedro Borbon and Felix Heredia. Martinez would prefer to have only two when the team breaks camp, with the odds favouring a Plesac departure.

Give him a jersey!

czalgosz
03-15-2002, 12:40 PM
What's really funny about all this is that there are a ton of left-handed situational relief guys out there who can do a passable job of getting one or two guys out, it's just that the White Sox seem to hve trouble finding any.

Alan Embree was never that guy, and everyone on this board, at least, knew that. He was always more suited for middle relief. I think he'll fit in well on the Padres.

Bill Pulsipher, well, he just sucks. If he wasn't left-handed, he would be flipping burgers somewhere.

Onan Masaoka isn't a situational lefty, either. He is more of a one or two inning guy in the Bill Simas mold, but apparently lefties are unable to fill that role. I found it a shame that the Sox let him go.

Ken Vining - he must have done something, somewhere, to make someone in the Sox front office angry. He'll never get a chance.

I wouldn't mind the Sox trading for Plesac, as long as they don't give up anything of value.

RichH55
03-15-2002, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by czalgosz
What's really funny about all this is that there are a ton of left-handed situational relief guys out there who can do a passable job of getting one or two guys out, it's just that the White Sox seem to hve trouble finding any.

Alan Embree was never that guy, and everyone on this board, at least, knew that. He was always more suited for middle relief. I think he'll fit in well on the Padres.

Bill Pulsipher, well, he just sucks. If he wasn't left-handed, he would be flipping burgers somewhere.

Onan Masaoka isn't a situational lefty, either. He is more of a one or two inning guy in the Bill Simas mold, but apparently lefties are unable to fill that role. I found it a shame that the Sox let him go.

Ken Vining - he must have done something, somewhere, to make someone in the Sox front office angry. He'll never get a chance.

I wouldn't mind the Sox trading for Plesac, as long as they don't give up anything of value.

Pleasac should come cheap and should be a nice addition

ilovemags30
03-15-2002, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes

Give him a jersey! yup yup :)