PDA

View Full Version : Selig might not attend Bonds' record run

Fenway
02-09-2007, 03:28 PM
This is Bud being Bud at his best

http://www.nbcsports.com/mlb/1012507/detail.html

Selig insisted that Major League Baseball would celebrate Bonds' potential feat exactly as it does any other major milestone, such as a pitcher's 300th win. Last year, Selig telephoned San Diego Padres (http://www.nbcsports.com/mlb_padres/) closer Trevor Hoffman when he became the career saves leader.

"I wasn't there when Roger Clemens won his 300th game. That's a matter I'll determine at some point in the future," Selig said at a baseball luncheon hosted by Fox Sports Bay Area. "Let me say it, and I'm not going to say anymore. That's it."

Umm Bud... Roger Clemens 300th win was not the most sacred record in the game....

Selig is going to stop him from breaking the record......somehow.

MUsoxfan
02-09-2007, 03:30 PM
Selig is going to stop him from breaking the record......somehow.

I hope so, but I doubt it

Fenway
02-09-2007, 03:33 PM
Commissioner Bud Selig's life would be much simpler if Barry Bonds were out of the game.

Not just because Bonds is a face of the steroid era but because Hank Aaron is Selig's close friend and Bonds' final obstacle for the all-time home run title.
Asked if the common belief is true that he'd prefer Bonds gone, Selig said during a Thursday visit to Treasure Island, "It's not true."

Bonds making Selig's life very difficult (http://sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/chronicle/archive/2007/02/09/SPGEDO1HTO1.DTL)

WizardsofOzzie
02-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Wow, thats the first time I've commended Selig in a long time

mrfourni
02-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Wow, thats the first time I've commended Selig in a long time

I disagree with commending Selig for ignoring bonds. He is as much to blame for the whole steroids mess as the players union. He could have taken a larger stand a long time ago, but he seemingly ignored the problem as it kept growing. Now he should be forced to deal with it. He should be attending every game this jerk plays. Selig should be forced to answer every question thats raised about Bonds until something gets resolved.

sox1970
02-09-2007, 04:00 PM
I disagree with commending Selig for ignoring bonds. He is as much to blame for the whole steroids mess as the players union. He could have taken a larger stand a long time ago, but he seemingly ignored the problem as it kept growing. Now he should be forced to deal with it. He should be attending every game this jerk plays. Selig should be forced to answer every question thats raised about Bonds until something gets resolved.

Amen.

WizardsofOzzie
02-09-2007, 04:01 PM
I didn't even think about that aspect. My brain is shutting down as it gets closer to closing time. You sir are correct :thumbsup:

vegyrex
02-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Will Hank even be there??

sox1970
02-09-2007, 04:20 PM

No, and he'll say why too. Unlike Bud, that will skirt the issue. That Pud.

esbrechtel
02-09-2007, 04:22 PM
THAT is a great question....

FarWestChicago
02-09-2007, 04:45 PM
Selig is going to stop him from breaking the record......somehow.If he did that he would save his own legacy to some extent.