PDA

View Full Version : Nancy's situation in '07?

Whitesox029
02-09-2007, 02:38 PM
I haven't heard differently, so I would assume it will be the same as '06 with her only working day games, but I think this is really one thing Brooks isn't doing right (unless this arrangement is entirely by her choice?).

I was at Nothing But Nancy day in '05 and it made me realize how much I miss her cleverness in terms of what music she plays when different guys come up. If it is by her choice though (which I kind of suspect) I think a good move would be to make all home day games "Nothing But Nancy," to sort of compensate for the night games.
Thoughts?

HotelWhiteSox
02-09-2007, 02:54 PM
It could be her choice, but that shouldn't stop Brooks from getting someone for nights.

alohafri
02-09-2007, 03:08 PM
It could be her choice, but that shouldn't stop Brooks from getting someone for nights.

WHAT'S THE MATTER? YOU DON'T LIKE THE LOUD MUSIC THEY PLAY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE INNINGS?

WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

spiffie
02-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Nancy is okay and all, but if I'm not constantly reminded that R-O-W-D-I-E is apparently how we spell "rowdy" I might forget. Heaven help us all.

ChiSoxGirl
02-09-2007, 03:38 PM
Per Hal's SoxFest Report (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=2&id=3304) on the WSI homepage:

He [Brooks] did tell me that Nancy will be back in the same situation as in 2006, playing day games and any postseason games the Sox will be in. This is certainly good news for Nancy’s fans.

RealMenWearBlack
02-09-2007, 03:52 PM
I haven't heard differently, so I would assume it will be the same as '06 with her only working day games, but I think this is really one thing Brooks isn't doing right (unless this arrangement is entirely by her choice?).

If I'm remembering right, I think she chose not to work night games last year because she didn't want to deal with the traffic after the game and didn't want to get home so late.

Whitesox029
02-09-2007, 03:52 PM
WHAT'S THE MATTER? YOU DON'T LIKE THE LOUD MUSIC THEY PLAY IN THE MIDDLE OF THE INNINGS?

WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!
AAAAHHHHHHHHH
http://bancomicsans.com/image/bunnypunch.png
www.bancomicsans.com

Hitmen77
02-09-2007, 05:13 PM
I was at Nothing But Nancy day in '05 and it made me realize how much I miss her cleverness in terms of what music she plays when different guys come up.

I loved Nothing But Nancy Day too. I would be happy if they had at least one Nancy Day in 2007. I was disappointed that there were none in '06. :(:

esbrechtel
02-09-2007, 05:16 PM
I'm telling ya we should have Sox idol...get a bunch of organ playing fans to start trying out and be Nancy's mentor....people love that reality crap....

jdm2662
02-09-2007, 05:36 PM
If I'm remembering right, I think she chose not to work night games last year because she didn't want to deal with the traffic after the game and didn't want to get home so late.

Yes, this went back and forth last offseason. Hal confirmed this was the reason (eventhough some yahoos thought otherwise :rolleyes: ). When the source is Nancy herself, I think it's credible. She lives about 50 miles from the ball park. I'm sure getting home late at night was taking its toll.

paciorek1983
02-09-2007, 06:00 PM
I'm telling ya we should have Sox idol...get a bunch of organ playing fans to start trying out and be Nancy's mentor....people love that reality crap....

Seriously, I think they need to do something like this.

BTW,

Here is a portion of Brooks' response to some fans after we each emailed him about the Nancy situation:

All this said, I do appreciate the fact that all of you care enough to send me your feelings on the subject. I have always said that the passion of our fan base is amazing and is something that makes us unique. Rest assured that the organ is always going to be part of our fan experience, part of our tradition. It may be played more than some people like and it may be played less than some people like.

Nancy will be here for quite some time and I am hopeful that she will be playing at US Cellular Field this year well into October.

All the best and Go Sox,

Brooks

Whitesox029
02-09-2007, 06:23 PM
All this said, I do appreciate the fact that all of you care enough to send me your feelings on the subject. I have always said that the passion of our fan base is amazing and is something that makes us unique. Rest assured that the organ is always going to be part of our fan experience, part of our tradition. It may be played more than some people like and it may be played less than some people like.

Nancy will be here for quite some time and I am hopeful that she will be playing at US Cellular Field this year well into October.

All the best and Go Sox,

Brooks
That's very reassuring...at least they're not phasing her and the organ out.

DarkHorse35
02-10-2007, 11:33 AM

WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

2005 was the worst for that. Our seats were right under a speaker. It was really annoying. Thye seemed to pull back the volume last year.

santo=dorf
02-10-2007, 11:52 AM
That would just result in a bunch of Sox fans complaining that the night organist isn't as good or clever as Nancy.

sageofthesox
02-10-2007, 02:17 PM

Your idea reminds of a Bill Veeck promotion – Music Night. Anyone carrying a musical instrument got either a discount of free admission, I can't remember the exact details. One guy carried a tuba through the turnstyles. During the seventh inning stretch, the Chicago Symphony conductor directed the crowd as it played "Take Me Out To The Ballgame."

DoItForDanPasqua
02-10-2007, 03:55 PM

WHAT? I CAN'T HEAR YOU!

Don't forget about the obnoxious sounds they blast between pitches.

paciorek1983
02-10-2007, 08:37 PM
[quote=santo=dorf;1482450]That would just result in a bunch of Sox fans complaining that the night organist isn't as good or clever as Nancy.[/quot

A bunch of Sox fans complaining?? Nah!

I hope that isn't what they're afraid of.

If everyone understands that it is Nancy's choice to play day games only, I would hope they would give whoever it is the replacement a break. That is why they should have a contest for a replacement. This would bring an awareness to the fact that Nancy is semi-retired and was not fired or whatever fans might think.