PDA

View Full Version : Pitching status

Daver
03-14-2002, 09:52 PM
From JM himself.

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news_story.jsp?article_id=cws_20020314_noteboo k_news&team_id=cws

Chisox_cali
03-14-2002, 10:20 PM
Originally posted by daver
From JM himself.

http://whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/news/cws_news_story.jsp?article_id=cws_20020314_noteboo k_news&team_id=cws

It's really looking like Rauch is gonna land that spot in the rotation and I'm pretty excited no matter what anybody says. I've wanted to see this guy pitch at the Park for a long time. And as i figured out a while ago the starter in the 5th spot will pitch Opening Day at Comiskey, how sweet would that be for Rauch to be in the spotlight for the home opener?

Jerry_Manuel
03-14-2002, 10:35 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
I'm pretty excited no matter what anybody says.

I'm anxious to see him pitch as well, I just hope he's "ready."

Chisox_cali
03-14-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Well the real JM seems to think he's awful close, getting out of jams and such. He did strike out 5 in 3 innings which is always nice :smile:

http://whitesox.mlb.com/cws/photo/ph_play_mugshot_400010.jpg
"I ain't going back to Charlotte!"

Jerry_Manuel
03-14-2002, 11:22 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali
Well the real JM seems to think he's awful close, getting out of jams and such. He did strike out 5 in 3 innings which is always nice :smile:

The real JM isn't always correct. :(:

The fake JM is a tool.

baggio202
03-14-2002, 11:25 PM
jerry dont seem to happy about the pitching overall...i guess he has reason not to be happy..our team era this spring..if i did my math right...140 ip..129 earned runs...8.29 era

Daver
03-14-2002, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by baggio202
jerry dont seem to happy about the pitching overall...i guess he has reason not to be happy..our team era this spring..if i did my math right...140 ip..129 earned runs...8.29 era

If you are reduced to doing math over ST numbers you need something to do.:redneck

baggio202
03-14-2002, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by daver

If you are reduced to doing math over ST numbers you need something to do.:redneck

no **** sherlock :cool:

RichH55
03-15-2002, 04:39 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Well the CW around here is that breaking a guy in through the bullpen, but wouldn't 5th starter be right around that in terms of what you are doing......Letting a guy pitch his way into the 5th slot is alot different then naming him the #2 before camp starts and putting all that pressure on him.....and for Rauch...if he can pitch in the olympics 5th starter for a 1/2 to 3/4 full stadium shouldn't be too hard(like taking a QB from Michigan)

duke of dorwood
03-15-2002, 09:34 AM
They sound like there is little chance of Parque starting the season here.

Randar68
03-16-2002, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by RichH55

Well the CW around here is that breaking a guy in through the bullpen, but wouldn't 5th starter be right around that in terms of what you are doing......Letting a guy pitch his way into the 5th slot is alot different then naming him the #2 before camp starts and putting all that pressure on him.....and for Rauch...if he can pitch in the olympics 5th starter for a 1/2 to 3/4 full stadium shouldn't be too hard(like taking a QB from Michigan)

Rauch ain't kip Wells, either. He is VERY tough mentally and the only thing I think he may have trouble with for the first couple months is spotting his pitches as well as he did before the surgery. That, will come to him, as, from all accounts, his velocity is AT LEAST as good now as it was before the surgery...