PDA

View Full Version : White Sox New BP Cap

Thome25
02-05-2007, 12:04 PM
These are the new caps the White Sox will be wearing in spring training and during batting practice.

http://www.minorleagues.com/BP9430507.html

I don't work for this website and I'm not trying to sell any caps. I just thought it'd be cool to see what the new caps look like.

What do you guys (and gals) think?

EMachine10
02-05-2007, 12:12 PM
does the sticker stay on?
pretty standard.

Nellie_Fox
02-05-2007, 12:14 PM
The only reason teams have a different cap for batting practice is so they can have a different cap to sell. Sales on the old BP cap must have slowed down enough that they figured that everyone who wanted one had one, so now create a new demand. I won't bite.

CHISOXFAN13
02-05-2007, 12:16 PM
I liked the old ones with the silver bill, but I'm glad it looks like the same hat. It's a very comfy hat.

Thome25
02-05-2007, 12:18 PM
The only reason teams have a different cap for batting practice is so they can have a different cap to sell. Sales on the old BP cap must have slowed down enough that they figured that everyone who wanted one had one, so now create a new demand. I won't bite.

You're right about the sales but, one of the other reasons is they're made out of a special fabric that stays dry and keeps sweat away.

That helps in the hot, humid weather in Florida and in Arizona as well.

I think it's a great looking cap and I'm a hat-freak as it is so I'll definitely be ordering one of those.

drewcifer
02-05-2007, 12:25 PM
I like it, plus -I'm down with any excuse to buy more Sox gear. :cool:

C-Dawg
02-05-2007, 12:27 PM
does the sticker stay on?

LOL Yeah that is a big sticker!

BTW, I've mentioned it before;the hat with the silver brim is the most comfortable one I own. I've never figured out why.

Thome25
02-05-2007, 12:32 PM
LOL Yeah that is a big sticker!

BTW, I've mentioned it before;the hat with the silver brim is the most comfortable one I own. I've never figured out why.

I've worn caps pretty much all my life and the Batting Practice ones are THE MOST comfortable ones I've ever worn.

I own several of them from different teams because I like them so much.

It's the fabric they're made out of. They're made to be the most comfortable hats out there because of the stress the players have to go through in the hot sun in Florida and Arizona.

Also, I've washed them in the laundry quite a few times and they always keep their original shape.

I like baseball caps can you tell?:redface:

I want Mags back
02-05-2007, 12:51 PM
I like the silver brim but this one looks nice too

HomeFish
02-05-2007, 01:07 PM
Why can't we have hideous BP gear like all the other teams?

Brian26
02-05-2007, 01:24 PM
I read on another forum recently that MLB is changing the traditional wool hats for games to a nylon-type of hat. The main reason is because the wool hats always shrink when they get wet.

SBSoxFan
02-05-2007, 01:26 PM
I've worn caps pretty much all my life and the Batting Practice ones are THE MOST comfortable ones I've ever worn.

I own several of them from different teams because I like them so much.

It's the fabric they're made out of. They're made to be the most comfortable hats out there because of the stress the players have to go through in the hot sun in Florida and Arizona.

Also, I've washed them in the laundry quite a few times and they always keep their original shape.

I like baseball caps can you tell?:redface:

Yes, playing baseball ... in the sun ... in February can be very stressful. More so than walking a mile to work with a -20 deg F windchill.

Over By There
02-05-2007, 01:35 PM
I never really dug the silver brimmed BP hats, but I like this one. The silver piping around the side and through the bill is cool. :thumbsup:

hi im skot
02-05-2007, 01:37 PM
What's with that ear fender?

Pass.

tick53
02-05-2007, 01:42 PM
Not bad. The Sox have the greatest logo in the game,

ewokpelts
02-05-2007, 02:10 PM
ALL teams are getting new Bp hats & jerseys

skottyj242
02-05-2007, 02:32 PM
I like it. Will go good with the track jacket I got for Christmas.

jenn2080
02-05-2007, 02:35 PM
The hat is kind of ugly. I do not like the ear part.

esbrechtel
02-05-2007, 05:23 PM
what are the BP jerseys going to look like any idea? and the "ear fender" is on all the new BP caps...

anewman35
02-05-2007, 08:35 PM
what are the BP jerseys going to look like any idea? and the "ear fender" is on all the new BP caps...

You can see all of them at http://www.majesticathletic.com/img/A6800-Cool-Base-BP-Jersey-On%20Field.jpg

Brian26
02-05-2007, 08:45 PM
You can see all of them at http://www.majesticathletic.com/img/A6800-Cool-Base-BP-Jersey-On%20Field.jpg

That's a big change. It looks like the jerseys are no longer button-down, but instead they are a pull-over with one button at the top.

pearso66
02-05-2007, 10:13 PM
Not bad, I'd buy it, but I have to find a place where I can try it on first. I wanted to buy the one last year, but my head was in between sizes. One size was too small, while the other was too large. Hopefully they are slightly different this year so I can get one.

TheOldRoman
02-05-2007, 11:08 PM
True, but every team is redoing their BP gear. It looks like MLB plans on completely redesigning the BP stuff for all teams every three to four years. It also looks like they plan on using horrible templates for every team so they all look the same.

Hunker down
02-05-2007, 11:14 PM
Are there going to be caps with alternate colors of stickers on the top? A home sticker and a road sticker? Plus the Sunday black sticker.

I still wear my old one with the silver brim. Still looks good!:gulp:

MrRoboto83
02-06-2007, 12:27 AM
I kind of like the new hat, but will miss the old one.

StillMissOzzie
02-06-2007, 02:20 AM

Pass.

The hat is kind of ugly. I do not like the ear part.

I may be wrong, but this so-called "ear fender" looks to me like an optical illusion caused by the white piping that goes around the edge of the bill, then swerves up on the sides. I think that it's a regular cut hat, not with "ear fenders" that hang down.

SMO
:gulp:

Grzegorz
02-06-2007, 05:38 AM

Pass.

Thank you; the "ear fender" looks ridiculous.

I'll stick with my '64 White Sox cap. BTW, stick with the wool and drop the nylon idea.

Anything for marketing...

Thome25
02-06-2007, 08:42 AM
True, but every team is redoing their BP gear. It looks like MLB plans on completely redesigning the BP stuff for all teams every three to four years. It also looks like they plan on using horrible templates for every team so they all look the same.

Yeah they're making all of the BP caps pretty much standard. The last edition had some subtle differences between each team.

Also, with this new edition of the BP caps, it seems like more teams are using their standard logos rather than an alternate logo.

As a side note, besides the BP caps and jerseys changing the actual game caps are changing as well. They're on the original link under 2007 5950.

The new game caps will be made with a different fabric that wicks moisture.

I want Mags back
02-06-2007, 12:56 PM
:hijacked:

are the rangers going back to script writing, instead of their block letters. the pic in the majestic linkl had it that way

bahn1225
02-06-2007, 09:36 PM
As John Wayne said; "This is getting RE-G-D-diculas:rolleyes:

The SOX did it right by having one, and only one, "spring training jersey".
Why on earth would you need a home and away spring training jersey other than to sell them?
And if you're going to have that, then you should have an alternet home and an alternet away spring training jersey.

QUESTION: Where will it all end?
ANSWER: In your wallet.

Murphy10
02-12-2007, 07:32 PM
It isn't bad I'm not going to go crazy over it. I mean it's just aBP hat.

oeo
02-12-2007, 08:01 PM
It isn't bad I'm not going to go crazy over it. I mean it's just aBP hat.

I think the new one kicks the old one's ass. Does anyone know where else you can find these?

MincHiaPettito
02-12-2007, 08:13 PM
That looks CHEAP as hell, the old ones rocked

oeo
02-12-2007, 08:39 PM
That looks CHEAP as hell, the old ones rocked

How does it look cheap?

I was never a fan of the silver brim.

02-12-2007, 08:47 PM
Actually just the White Sox are going to cotton. They are guaranteed to be five degrees cooler than the other team!

"Wade Boggs: 'What a fabric! Finally we can breathe.'
Luis Polonia: 'Cotton is king.'
Paul O'Neill: 'I never dreamed anything could be so soft and fluffy.'"

http://espn-ak.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/041122_steinbrenner.jpg

Brian26
02-12-2007, 08:59 PM
Does anyone know where else you can find these?

I saw them on Saturday at the Lids outside Foodlife at Water Tower Place. I didn't get a chance to look through all of them, but it appeared they only had size Small/Medium.

MincHiaPettito
02-12-2007, 09:34 PM
How does it look cheap?

I was never a fan of the silver brim.

The logo, esp the outline. Looks like something sold at KMart...5 years ago

oeo
02-12-2007, 09:52 PM
The logo, esp the outline. Looks like something sold at KMart...5 years ago

To each their own, I guess. The hat is made by New Era (not some crappy generic brand), and looks nothing like anything you'd find at K-Mart.

ewokpelts
02-12-2007, 11:44 PM
The hats are at lids.
The NEW Game hats are coming out. They're NOT wool, but a polyester blend. Supposed to have better heat/air flow for players.

I want Mags back
02-15-2007, 06:46 PM
I just saw a clip of Cub pitchers in mesa and get this

the C is WHITE, not red, but WHITE.

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/ATA/24818BP~The-Simpsons-Nelson-Haha-Posters.jpg

Brian26
02-15-2007, 09:47 PM
The hats are at lids.
The NEW Game hats are coming out. They're NOT wool, but a polyester blend. Supposed to have better heat/air flow for players.

I broke down and got the new BP hat tonight. It fits a lot like the old version. Also, Lids has a deal where you get 50% off a second hat.

Ewok- were you able to get a Sox calendar?

ewokpelts
02-16-2007, 02:36 AM
I broke down and got the new BP hat tonight. It fits a lot like the old version. Also, Lids has a deal where you get 50% off a second hat.

Ewok- were you able to get a Sox calendar?not yet....i went straight home yesterday...i plan to get one today(meeting up with dllrlbl7)

Thome25
02-16-2007, 08:26 AM
I think the new one kicks the old one's ass. Does anyone know where else you can find these?

If you can't find a store near you that has them, They have them on New Era's website. (neweracap.com)

ewokpelts
02-16-2007, 10:51 AM
If you can't find a store near you that has them, They have them on New Era's website. (neweracap.com)lids.com...look for a store there

Thome25
02-16-2007, 11:05 AM
lids.com...look for a store there

Lids.com doesn't carry them yet. For those of us that live outside the Chicago-area and outside Illinois for that matter, online is the best way to get them.

The Lids stores in the Baltimore/Philadelphia area carry caps from the Phillies and Orioles.

White Sox BP caps are hard to come by. I ordered one from neweracap.com and it's on it's way.

ewokpelts
02-16-2007, 11:09 AM
Lids.com doesn't carry them yet. For those of us that live outside the Chicago-area and outside Illinois for that matter, online is the best way to get them.

The Lids stores in the Baltimore/Philadelphia area carry caps from the Phillies and Orioles.

White Sox BP caps are hard to come by. I ordered one from neweracap.com and it's on it's way.sorry...i should have clarified....go to the site, and find a store that has it......the ones downtown already have thiers

Thome25
02-16-2007, 11:20 AM
Just got my BP cap today and man, the pics just don't do it justice.

it's easily one of my favorite White Sox caps.

spawn
02-16-2007, 01:02 PM
Just got my BP cap today and man, the pics just don't do it justice.

it's easily one of my favorite White Sox caps.
I just picked mine up from Chicago Sports and Novelty on Michigan. I love it.

Something else I highly recommend...the Therma Base Fleece (http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2446074&clickid=body_rv_txt). I like this model a lot better than the previous fleece. It looks the same, but it is much more comfortable.

ewokpelts
02-16-2007, 02:03 PM
I just picked mine up from Chicago Sports and Novelty on Michigan. I love it.

Something else I highly recommend...the Therma Base Fleece (http://shop.mlb.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2446074&clickid=body_rv_txt). I like this model a lot better than the previous fleece. It looks the same, but it is much more comfortable.the therma fleece feels too "cushiony"

not saying i wont getit, but i do liek the current non-therma base fleece

spawn
02-16-2007, 02:40 PM
the therma fleece feels too "cushiony"

not saying i wont getit, but i do liek the current non-therma base fleece
I'm actually wearing the therma-base fleece right now. It doesn't feel cushiony at all...at least to me.

Red Barchetta
02-16-2007, 09:54 PM
I'm actually wearing the therma-base fleece right now. It doesn't feel cushiony at all...at least to me.

I love the new fleece pullovers. Top quality! I also test drove the new BP hat and I'm not sold yet. What I don't understand is why the visors aren't gray underneath. I had thought MLB switched the bills on game hats from dark green to light gray to help with visibility, etc. The new BP hats have black bills underneath, plus they already are pre-formed and curved. They seem more like a fashion hat than a field hat. I know they just want to sell more product.

BTW - the Cubs new BP hat is F-U-G-L-Y! What's with the white "C"? Nasty!

MincHiaPettito
02-17-2007, 03:38 AM
Cap in action http://165.1.59.193/Previews/Mini/%7BD3A0CEE3-46A0-427C-B2F9-D7B1BC6BB797%7D.pobj.MINI.jpg