PDA

View Full Version : What To Do If/When Pods Comes Back?

Thome25
02-05-2007, 10:52 AM
I know we're a little far away from having to deal with this situation but, here goes:

What do the Sox do if one of Podsednik's replacements at leadoff thrive at that position?

What does Ozzie do with Pods if say Erstad, Iguchi, Ozuna or Owens is hitting well at the leadoff position and getting on base?

What would you do?

I'd personally have Pods bat lower in the order i.e. 8th or 9th if it's Iguchi who's performing well @ leadoff.

If it's Erstad who's doing well I'd slide him over to CF (if BA isn't performing well.) and put Pods in his usual spot in LF. In this scenario, Pods would bat lower in the order as well.

There's endless possiblities. What would you do?

caulfield12
02-05-2007, 10:58 AM
I know we're a little far away from having to deal with this situation but, here goes:

What do the Sox do if one of Podsednik's replacements at leadoff thrive at that position?

What does Ozzie do with Pods if say Erstad, Iguchi, Ozuna or Owens is hitting well at the leadoff position and getting on base?

What would you do?

I'd personally have Pods bat lower in the order i.e. 8th or 9th if it's Iguchi who's performing well @ leadoff.

If it's Erstad who's doing well I'd slide him over to CF (if BA isn't performing well.) and put Pods in his usual spot in LF. In this scenario, Pods would bat lower in the order as well.

There's endless possiblities. What would you do?

It would be a great problem to have, but I'm not counting on it.

Pods really doesn't have much value as "non-leadoff" hitter, although I'm sure they could stick him down at #9. If he doesn't have his explosiveness, he's a liability on this team.