PDA

View Full Version : My encounter last night w/another "Chicagoan"

nug0hs
02-04-2007, 03:16 PM
Last night I was at a small get together here in Kalamazoo. Wondering what the score of the Bulls game was I flipped on WGN in an apartment full of Michiganders. Next, a kid not far from my age approached me and asked "Im assuming you put the game on because you are cheering for the Bulls?" to which I replied yes. At this point the kid put two and two together (I was wearing my 1919 throwback hat) and realized that I too must be from the Chicago area. Here comes the idiotic part: After introducing each other a bit more (he was from Naperville, myself from Northbrook) this young man goes on to try to convince me that since I am a fan of the Bears and that the Cubs are similar animals, I should be a Cubs fan from now on. Next, the guy goes on to explain how proud he was of the Cubs "buying the World Series championship" and that everyone should take a lesson from the Cubs office on how to buy yourself a winning team. :kukoo: Sometimes its difficult living in strange foreign lands where your seemingly rational way of thinking is opposite from what others believe.

soxchick20
02-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Last night I was at a small get together here in Kalamazoo. Wondering what the score of the Bulls game was I flipped on WGN in an apartment full of Michiganders. Next, a kid not far from my age approached me and asked "Im assuming you put the game on because you are cheering for the Bulls?" to which I replied yes. At this point the kid put two and two together (I was wearing my 1919 throwback hat) and realized that I too must be from the Chicago area. Here comes the idiotic part: After introducing each other a bit more (he was from Naperville, myself from Northbrook) this young man goes on to try to convince me that since I am a fan of the Bears and that the Cubs are similar animals, I should be a Cubs fan from now on. Next, the guy goes on to explain how proud he was of the Cubs "buying the World Series championship" and that everyone should take a lesson from the Cubs office on how to buy yourself a winning team. :kukoo: Sometimes its difficult living in strange foreign lands where your seemingly rational way of thinking is opposite from what others believe.

:rolleyes: :rolling:

UserNameBlank
02-04-2007, 03:27 PM
Just because something is expensive doesn't mean it is quality, but I guess that doesn't translate to Cub fans. Stupid Hendry, I bet every December someone sells him a paper bag full of dog **** for $500.

I can just imagine Hendry at some suburban Chicago flea market on a Sunday strolling around and smiling with a cart full of Pubu jerseys and designer copper Cuban necklaces being towed behind him.

C-Dawg
02-04-2007, 03:44 PM
Next, the guy goes on to explain how proud he was of the Cubs "buying the World Series championship" and that everyone should take a lesson from the Cubs office on how to buy yourself a winning team.

Hmmm, Bud Selig must have missed the memo on that one since he is still expecting the Cubs to play 162 games and two rounds of playoffs prior to the World Series.

WizardsofOzzie
02-04-2007, 04:03 PM
He must not have noticed the Yankees of the last 4 or 5 seasons :dunno:

bryPt
02-04-2007, 04:33 PM
Funny you should bring this up, because I swear that this happened to me today:

I was at Trader's Joes and this 20 something chick at checkout said to me, "Go Bears" as I was grabing my bags and I said "Thank, but I am not a bear fan, don't really watch football anymore."

She then said this:

"But this is the first Championship the City will see in any sport in 21 years."

After stopping myself from laughing uncontrollably and calling her a brainless twit, I opened my jacket up to show her my World Series hoodie and explained to her that the Sox won it in 2005. Also said the Fire won in 98, along with 6 Bulls championships in the 90's.

She said this gem:

"Sorry, I am a Cub fan, I though the city only had 2 professional sports team, them and the Bears."

Jah help us, the world is losing their minds. Or walking around without one.

caulfield12
02-04-2007, 04:37 PM
Just because something is expensive doesn't mean it is quality, but I guess that doesn't translate to Cub fans. Stupid Hendry, I bet every December someone sells him a paper bag full of dog **** for $500.

I can just imagine Hendry at some suburban Chicago flea market on a Sunday strolling around and smiling with a cart full of Pubu jerseys and designer copper Cuban necklaces being towed behind him.

Fubu?

soxchick20
02-04-2007, 04:44 PM

I was at Trader's Joes and this 20 something chick at checkout said to me, "Go Bears" as I was grabing my bags and I said "Thank, but I am not a bear fan, don't really watch football anymore."

She then said this:

"But this is the first Championship the City will see in any sport in 21 years."

After stopping myself from laughing uncontrollably and calling her a brainless twit, I opened my jacket up to show her my World Series hoodie and explained to her that the Sox won it in 2005. Also said the Fire won in 98, along with 6 Bulls championships in the 90's.

She said this gem:

"Sorry, I am a Cub fan, I though the city only had 2 professional sports team, them and the Bears."

:o: How can someone be that stupid?

UserNameBlank
02-04-2007, 04:53 PM
Fubu?
Exactly. I assume Hendry could find them right next to the Major League Pitching table that includes Jason Marquis and Poger Clemons.

RadioheadRocks
02-04-2007, 04:59 PM
After introducing each other a bit more (he was from Naperville, myself from Northbrook) this young man goes on to try to convince me that since I am a fan of the Bears and that the Cubs are similar animals, I should be a Cubs fan from now on. Next, the guy goes on to explain how proud he was of the Cubs "buying the World Series championship" and that everyone should take a lesson from the Cubs office on how to buy yourself a winning team. :kukoo:

Ladies and gentlemen of the jury, I submit to you a perfect example of someone who apparently has never learned the following important life lesson: "a polished turd is still a turd."

MarySwiss
02-04-2007, 05:01 PM

Well, she is a Cubs fan! :cool:

Grzegorz
02-04-2007, 07:12 PM
Here comes the idiotic part: After introducing each other a bit more (he was from Naperville, myself from Northbrook) this young man goes on to try to convince me that since I am a fan of the Bears and that the Cubs are similar animals, I should be a Cubs fan from now on. Next, the guy goes on to explain how proud he was of the Cubs "buying the World Series championship" and that everyone should take a lesson from the Cubs office on how to buy yourself a winning team.

I am glad to see the money for this young man's education being put to good use.

She said this gem:

How can someone be that stupid?

It's not stupidity; it is arrogance.

bigfoot
02-04-2007, 09:52 PM

She then said this:

She said this gem:

Once in a while Mother nature shows its infinite wisdom in making the function of breathing an unconscious act. Otherwise this lung-breathing bi-ped would have expired long ago.

Jerko
02-04-2007, 10:12 PM

Hangar??

Domeshot17
02-04-2007, 11:13 PM
Just think, 81 times a year, they gather 40,000 other stupid ****s like this into Wrigley, and have themselves a baseball game. They drink some ****ty ass old style beer, Some still think Sammy Sosa in on the team, they WOOOOO, Wonder why Kerry Wood or Prior left in the 3rd inning, and eventually go home with their heads hung high, they have no idea who won and lost, but they are drunk and about to get on the L with the sea of blue and red.

DumpJerry
02-05-2007, 12:01 AM
Hangar??
I was thinking the same thing. I thought he was perma banned (before I became a Mod).

I encuonter people like this all the time. I let them think what they want to think. In the end, they are busy raking the leaves in October for us because we're too busy watching our team play baseball.

BTW, if that person who said being a Bear fan automatically followes that you're a Cub fan would have been right if he was about 80 years old. The Cards played at Comiskey and the Bears at Wrigley until the Cards left in 1961(?). Before the Cards left, this town was divided over football like it is over baseball. There are still people who will not cheer for the Bears because they feel the Bears drove their beloved Cards out of town.

bryPt
02-05-2007, 06:45 AM
darn, I give the Trader Joe's employee a little credit, I neglected to say that the Rush won last year as well. I am so uninformed!

I would like to believe that she was just being sarcastic, but I seriously doubt it. I noticed this as a trend at this store once I refused paper bags last year when they had the Cub logo on it (Thankfully their plastic bags were logo free). There was a ton of brainless cub bantor at the registers with all their employees that annoyed me.

WizardsofOzzie
02-05-2007, 07:07 AM

http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/4417/bangingheadrc0.gif And my girlfriend wonders why Cub fans irratate me

jenn2080
02-05-2007, 07:30 AM

She then said this:

She said this gem:

The better question is how can someone be so ignorant. What a dumb bitch!

hose
02-05-2007, 07:50 AM

She then said this:

After stopping myself from laughing uncontrollably and calling her a brainless twit, I opened his jacket up to show her the World Series hoodie and explained to her that the Sox won it in 2005. Also said the Fire won in 98, along with 6 Bulls championships in the 90's.

She said this gem:

The year is now 2028 and the Bears are back in the Super Bowl. bryPt pulls up to the McDonalds drive thru:

Same dizzy chick sticks her head out of the window, "Here's your order sir, GO BEARS."

As bryPt was grabbing the bag he said "Thanks, but I am not a Bear fan, don't really watch football anymore."

After stopping himself from laughing uncontrollably and calling her a brainless twit, He opened his jacket up to show her his World Series hoodie and explained to her that the Sox won it in 2005,2007, 2008, 2013 ,2014, 2022, 2025, 20028 . Also said the Fire won in 98, along with 6 Bulls championships in the 90's.

itsnotrequired
02-05-2007, 08:02 AM
The better question is how can someone be so ignorant. What a dumb bitch!

du hast...

Tekijawa
02-05-2007, 08:07 AM
Hmmm, Bud Selig must have missed the memo on that one since he is still expecting the Cubs to play 162 games and two rounds of playoffs prior to the World Series.

I'm pretty sure that Bud Selig is expecting the Cubs just to play the 162 games, you have to win a large majority of those in order to make it to the playoffs and I don't see that happening on the north side.

cbotnyse
02-05-2007, 08:59 AM

She then said this:

She said this gem:

Jah help us, the world is losing their minds. Or walking around without one.Both stories are very high quality examples of ignorance at its finest.

ondafarm
02-05-2007, 09:06 AM
I have to admit, I treat Cub fans with a certain amount of benign neglect. Actually, a lot like my nephews, who when 6 and 4 years old, announced to their grandmother that thye were Yankee$ fans. My mother promptly put them out of the house and after ten minutes of waiting in the car alone, decided it was better to revise their fandom.

WizardsofOzzie
02-05-2007, 09:19 AM
I have to admit, I treat Cub fans with a certain amount of benign neglect. Actually, a lot like my nephews, who when 6 and 4 years old, announced to their grandmother that thye were Yankee$ fans. My mother promptly put them out of the house and after ten minutes of waiting in the car alone, decided it was better to revise their fandom.

:thumbsup: I like it! I seem to attract women who are Cubs fans, so it will be interesting to see if i do indeed marry one, which way my kids lean

Thome25
02-05-2007, 09:41 AM

Wait till this guy finds out that Soriano can't play CF and that Lily and Marquis still can't pitch. What will he be saying when he finds out the Cubs are stuck with those contacts because they can't trade those players without eating a good chunk of their salary?

Hitmen77
02-05-2007, 09:48 AM
...She then said this:

She said this gem:

This is why I hate Cub fans. I really believe a large number of their fans think this way. Even right after the Sox won the World Series, I had someone (who didn't know I was from Chicago too) tell me that there really is only one baseball team (Cubs) in Chicago. In many cases, it isn't just fans trying to put out of their minds the success of a hated rival (which is perfectly understandable). No, many still cling to the arrogant idea that the Sox "don't count" or are "irrelevant" or somehow are not really a Chicago team.

I might hate the Indians, the Packers, or other rival sports teams - and I expect their fans to hate my teams. But, I wouldn't expect any of those rival fans to be stupid enough to go around saying that our championship "doesn't count".

The year is now 2028 and the Bears are back in the Super Bowl. bryPt pulls up to the McDonalds drive thru:

...."But this is the first Championship the City will see in any sport in 21 years."

After stopping himself from laughing uncontrollably and calling her a brainless twit, He opened his jacket up to show her his World Series hoodie and explained to her that the Sox won it in 2005,2007, 2008, 2013 ,2014, 2022, 2025, 20028 . Also said the Fire won in 98, along with 6 Bulls championships in the 90's.

Good one!

I want Mags back
02-05-2007, 11:59 AM
what I have learned today

1. Cubs fans are stupid

2. Cubs fans are ignorant

ajismyhero
02-05-2007, 01:13 PM
:thumbsup: I like it! I seem to attract women who are Cubs fans, so it will be interesting to see if i do indeed marry one, which way my kids lean

Wizards, i really think the "women who are Cubs fans" part should have been in teal. 99% of women who claim to be Cubs fans, don't really understand baseball and probably own pink Kerry Wood tshirts.

DumpJerry
02-05-2007, 01:43 PM

Wizards, i really think the "women who are Cubs fans" part should have been in teal. 99% of women who claim to be Cubs fans, don't really understand baseball and probably own pink Kerry Wood tshirts.
Wizards, the easy to head off these women is when they start to talk to you, ask them about the infield fly rule. That way you'll know right away where their allegiance lies.

WizardsofOzzie
02-05-2007, 02:34 PM

Wizards, the easy to head off these women is when they start to talk to you, ask them about the infield fly rule. That way you'll know right away where their allegiance lies.

She's actually pretty baseball intelligent. At least she knows Sosa isn't on the team anymore, can't stand Wood because he's injured all the time, and can name nearly all the players on her team. Not the smartest girl i know when it comes to baseball but definitely in the top 3, unlike another girl i know who asked me why foul balls were counted as strikes :rolleyes:

soxtalker
02-05-2007, 03:16 PM

Same dizzy chick sticks her head out of the window, "Here's your order sir, GO BEARS."

As bryPt was grabbing the bag he said "Thanks, but I am not a Bear fan, don't really watch football anymore."

Alas ..., I fear that one downside (hard to think of many) of such a run will be that many of the "fans" like this will be claiming that they are Sox fans. Not a big price to pay, but success brings with it a lot of very casual fans.

WSox597
02-05-2007, 03:55 PM
I saw a couple of these nitwits on a newscast after Indy ran over the Bears. The news guy was asking them how they were holding up after tailgating at Soldier Field ALL DAY in zero weather. As if that isn't reason enough to think them nitwits.

While giving their opinions on the game, and some of them slamming the QB pretty hard, a couple of the frozen maroons yelled, "Go Cubs" or "Go Cubbies". How nauseating to hear that just after the Bears went down.

They were probably wondering if Sammy played for the Bears yesterday, and if he hit any homers.

mshake10
02-05-2007, 08:01 PM
I saw a couple of these nitwits on a newscast after Indy ran over the Bears. The news guy was asking them how they were holding up after tailgating at Soldier Field ALL DAY in zero weather. As if that isn't reason enough to think them nitwits.

While giving their opinions on the game, and some of them slamming the QB pretty hard, a couple of the frozen maroons yelled, "Go Cubs" or "Go Cubbies". How nauseating to hear that just after the Bears went down.

They were probably wondering if Sammy played for the Bears yesterday, and if he hit any homers.
So if they yelled "Go Sox", would you ask if they thought Ordonez played for the Bears, hitting home runs?

The end of the Super Bowl is the unofficial start of the baseball season. That's why they said Go Cubs. :wink:

IndianWhiteSox
02-05-2007, 10:27 PM

After stopping himself from laughing uncontrollably and calling her a brainless twit, He opened his jacket up to show her his World Series hoodie and explained to her that the Sox won it in 2005,2007, 2008, 2013 ,2014, 2022, 2025, 2028 . Also said the Fire won in 98, along with 6 Bulls championships in the 90's.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

C-Dawg
02-06-2007, 05:46 AM
asked me why foul balls were counted as strikes

They are ?!?!? Oh those umpires are so mean!

:rolleyes:

DrCrawdad
02-06-2007, 07:17 AM
BTW, if that person who said being a Bear fan automatically followes that you're a Cub fan would have been right if he was about 80 years old. The Cards played at Comiskey and the Bears at Wrigley until the Cards left in 1961(?). Before the Cards left, this town was divided over football like it is over baseball. There are still people who will not cheer for the Bears because they feel the Bears drove their beloved Cards out of town.

That would be one of my Uncles. He and his sons still pine for the Cardinals. In 2000 my uncle went to a Cubs/Sox game at Wrigley. It was his first time at Wrigley for a baseball game. The last time he had been there was for a Bears/Cardinals game. Notice the shirt my uncle is wearing.

http://homepage.mac.com/dcrosby/.Pictures/Wrigley01.jpg

My father was a Cardinals fan too. However, for some reason that affection for the Cardinals was not passed along to my brothers nor my sister. For my part though, I'm only a nominal Bears fan (you can call me a fair-weather Bears fan). I just don't live and/or die with the Bears. I'm just not much of a football fan. If I watch it, I enjoy it (usually). However if I miss a game, I'm fine and if the Bears lose I don't lose any sleep. Baseball is my passion.

ondafarm
02-06-2007, 08:21 AM

And to think that the Cardinals were here before the Bears were.

RedHeadPaleHoser
02-06-2007, 09:15 AM
And to think that the Cardinals were here before the Bears were.

You mean Chicago had two baseball teams once? The Cardinals and the Cubs? When did they move? Did Sammy Sosa and Ron Santo play for the Cardinals too?

Trixie - the small bus is here to pick you up.

minutia
02-06-2007, 01:53 PM
:roflmao: :rolling:
That is hilarious that because of a mascot you should choose to be a fan of a team. Certaily don't let a thing like performance get in the way of your decision making process. But they are from Michigan. The only sprorts that are any good is college football and the Tigers of the last few years. The Lions are terrible.

Hitmen77
02-06-2007, 02:38 PM

Mike Ditka still goes around lumping the Cubs and Bears together as Chicago's "north side teams". I saw a quote from him saying that in the Cubune just a few months ago. That's surprising since he played for the Bears after the Cardinals left and he coached for the Bears long after they moved to Soldier Field.

Regarding the Cardinals, it's incredible how bad that team continues to be year after year. Their total lack of success compared to any other pre-merger NFL team is just embarassing. They ultimately failed in St. Louis too. I wonder if any Chicago fans continued to follow them after they moved to St. Louis. Likewise, since Arizona seems to be full of retired Chicagoans, I wonder if there are people out there who started out following the Chicago Cardinals as their home team and later had them as their home team again in AZ.

One more thing about Chicago being a 2-team football town, a few times during the 90s, Mayor Daley openly suggested that Chicago should be considered for a 2nd NFL team. It was one of his suggestions for making the cost of a new football stadium acceptable. This was back in the days when both NY and LA had two teams.

TDog
02-06-2007, 02:44 PM
Every year teams try to buy a World Series championship. They usually sign better players than the Cubs did last winter. None of those teams actually won the World Series in 2005, despite their bloated payrolls.

By the way, I believe the Bears wear white sanitary socks.

The Chicago celebration for the White Sox dwarfed the celebrations for the Super Bowl-winning Bears and the NBA champion Bulls. If you're one of those people who insist on getting excited about attendance, that has to mean something.

PennStater98r
02-06-2007, 03:41 PM
:roflmao: :rolling:
That is hilarious that because of a mascot you should choose to be a fan of a team. Certaily don't let a thing like performance get in the way of your decision making process. But they are from Michigan. The only sprorts that are any good is college football and the Tigers of the first half last year. The Lions are terrible.

Fixed that for you.

PennStater98r
02-06-2007, 03:44 PM
Regarding the Cardinals, it's incredible how bad that team continues to be year after year. Their total lack of success compared to any other pre-merger NFL team is just embarassing. They ultimately failed in St. Louis too. I wonder if any Chicago fans continued to follow them after they moved to St. Louis. Likewise, since Arizona seems to be full of retired Chicagoans, I wonder if there are people out there who started out following the Chicago Cardinals as their home team and later had them as their home team again in AZ.

It's true - and amazing how bad the Cards of AZ continue to be - but I'll say this - that Lienart kid has a future - I think he's going to be pretty special - mad skills.

On the other hand - he dated Paris Hilton and has been seen with Britney Spears... not too much grey matter - getting mixed up with those freaks.

chisoxmike
02-06-2007, 07:54 PM
This morning this guy at a Starbucks told me to "recognize" this other guys Cubs hat because the Cubs just bought themselves a World Series. I said "We'll see, but I think they just bought 10 more wins."

ondafarm
02-06-2007, 11:22 PM
This morning this guy at a Starbucks told me to "recognize" this other guys Cubs hat because the Cubs just bought themselves a World Series. I said "We'll see, but I think they just bought 10 more wins."

I'd have handed him a lollipop and said get lost kid.

jenn2080
02-07-2007, 07:14 AM

:puking: What a bunch of idiots.

soxinem1
02-07-2007, 07:15 AM
Check this one out.

A few weeks ago I was wiring an amp for my car and needed to go to B-Buy or C-City to get a loom of wire. Since I work on the Near North Side (where the garage is heated) I had to shop local.

Now I have a full wardrobe of White Sox apparel. But I have stuff that is getting old that I use when I am doing manual labor work (like crawling in my trunk), so I can wear White sox stuff for any occasion.

As I walk in the store, this cute C-City gal says, 'Hi, Can I help you?' while noting, 'Hey, nice outfit'.

Now I'm always proud of my White Sox apparel, but I looked down and sort of wondered if I slipped into a tux by accident because I was in my White Sox grunge. My 'hostess' explained further after I thanked her for her compliments:

'I love the White Sox. I have since I was a kid. All the jerks on my block were so cub, cub, cub it made me sick. My few cub fan Friends parade around like October 2005 mean nothing, it's like reading the Tribune. sox uniforms are better, the team is better, the park is better, it's not even a contest'.

I was impressed!! She chatted some more about road trips and seemed to know her history (we can always spot those 'bandwagon-jumpers, right?). She actually offered me her number, but I declined because I'm married. She wanted to give it to me anyway. I laughed because I'm almost 39 and she was probably 20 at best (I guess it was the White Sox gear, because I looked like a guy who just crawled out of a trunk at the time, literally!).

So in all honesty, this was actually a pleasant encounter, and it's good to know there are some of people in this world, and this city, who have the guts to think on their own and do what they like and resist the 'popular' thing.

Cheers to you, C-city ChiSox gal!!!

DumpJerry
02-07-2007, 07:26 AM
Check this one out.

A few weeks ago I was wiring an amp for my car and needed to go to B-Buy or C-City to get a loom of wire. Since I work on the Near North Side (where the garage is heated) I had to shop local.

Now I have a full wardrobe of White Sox apparel. But I have stuff that is getting old that I use when I am doing manual labor work (like crawling in my trunk), so I can wear White sox stuff for any occasion.

As I walk in the store, this cute C-City gal says, 'Hi, Can I help you?' while noting, 'Hey, nice outfit'.

Now I'm always proud of my White Sox apparel, but I looked down and sort of wondered if I slipped into a tux by accident because I was in my White Sox grunge. My 'hostess' explained further after I thanked her for her compliments:

'I love the White Sox. I have since I was a kid. All the jerks on my block were so cub, cub, cub it made me sick. My few cub fan Friends parade around like October 2005 mean nothing, it's like reading the Tribune. sox uniforms are better, the team is better, the park is better, it's not even a contest'.

I was impressed!! She chatted some more about road trips and seemed to know her history (we can always spot those 'bandwagon-jumpers, right?). She actually offered me her number, but I declined because I'm married. She wanted to give it to me anyway. I laughed because I'm almost 39 and she was probably 20 at best (I guess it was the White Sox gear, because I looked like a guy who just crawled out of a trunk at the time, literally!).

So in all honesty, this was actually a pleasant encounter, and it's good to know there are some of people in this world, and this city, who have the guts to think on their own and do what they like and resist the 'popular' thing.

:cleo
I see major infllux of White Sox shirt-wearing men at all near North Side C-City stores today.

Thome25
02-07-2007, 07:43 AM
Mike Ditka still goes around lumping the Cubs andBears together as Chicago's "north side teams". I saw a quote from him saying that in the Cubune just a few months ago. That's surprising since he played for the Bears after the Cardinals left and he coached for the Bears long after they moved to Soldier Field.

One more thing about Chicago being a 2-team football town, a few times during the 90s, Mayor Daley openly suggested that Chicago should be considered for a 2nd NFL team. It was one of his suggestions for making the cost of a new football stadium acceptable. This was back in the days when both NY and LA had two teams.

Nevermind the fact that the Bears have been a southside team for a while now.

johnr1note
02-07-2007, 08:06 AM
Mike Ditka still goes around lumping the Cubs and Bears together as Chicago's "north side teams". I saw a quote from him saying that in the Cubune just a few months ago. That's surprising since he played for the Bears after the Cardinals left and he coached for the Bears long after they moved to Soldier Field.

I recall as a lad, back in the 60s, there was always a rumor going around that Chicago would get an AFL franchise and they would build a domed stadium on the lakefront to house it. It just never happened.

INSox56
02-07-2007, 10:21 AM
Check this one out.

I'm still just engaged...I want to marry this woman instead!!!!!!!!

Hitmen77
02-07-2007, 10:47 AM
Check this one out.

Sounds like an anti-Hanger run it with a Chicago baseball fan.:wink:

Jerko
02-07-2007, 12:40 PM
I'm still just engaged...I want to marry this woman instead!!!!!!!!

I'm torn between circuit city girl and the one who throws her keys when she loses at Monopoly.......:redface:

INSox56
02-07-2007, 01:33 PM
I'm torn between circuit city girl and the one who throws her keys when she loses at Monopoly.......:redface:

HAH! dude you got me there, forgot about her!

soxinem1
02-07-2007, 01:48 PM

Next time I am on North Avenue I'll pop in and get her name for you guys. And that's Circuit City ChiSox Gal!!

AZChiSoxFan
02-07-2007, 04:07 PM
I'd have handed him a lollipop and said get lost kid.

CLASSIC!!

hose
02-07-2007, 07:24 PM
Check this one out.

Sounds like something I read in Penthouse Forum 25 years ago.:D:

The Racehorse
02-07-2007, 08:29 PM
Sounds like something I read in Penthouse Forum 25 years ago.:D:

:thud:

:)

slavko
02-07-2007, 10:15 PM
It's true - and amazing how bad the Cards of AZ continue to be - but I'll say this - that Lienart kid has a future - I think he's going to be pretty special - mad skills.

On the other hand - he dated Paris Hilton and has been seen with Britney Spears... not too much grey matter - getting mixed up with those freaks.

Either one sounds like money in the...oh never mind.

Gregory Pratt
02-07-2007, 11:39 PM

Bud Selig misses a lot of things. ;)

Gregory Pratt
02-07-2007, 11:40 PM
Great story though!