PDA

View Full Version : White Sox teaming up with "Cure Autism"

southwstchi4life
02-03-2007, 10:45 PM
Ok, I could not have been more excited when I got the email that the White Sox have an autism awareness day. It is April 29 against the Angels. A portion of each ticket will go to the organization "Cure Autism Now" foundation. The link below leads to the web site were you can get order forms for tickets and information about that day at the cell. I wasnt sure were to put this thread in tickets or here. But it is for a very good cause.

Thanks

www.athletesagainstautism.org (http://www.athletesagainstautism.org)

Fenway
02-03-2007, 10:50 PM
here is the correct link

http://www.athletesagainstautism.org/

my son has pervasive developmental disorder which is a mild form there are mostly good days and some not so good but he is coping and I'm proud of him

itsnotrequired
02-03-2007, 11:39 PM
I'll be there.

My wife's cousin and family lives in Milwaukee and are huge Angels fan (they are originally from California). They want to come down for a game this season and I will suggest this one.

QCIASOXFAN
02-04-2007, 12:01 AM
My buddy just called me about an hour ago and asked me if I wanted to go. His fiances son has autism. Looks like QC will be in the Cell on the 29th.:bandance:

michned
02-04-2007, 11:14 AM
This is awesome. The Mets have promoted autism awareness for a few years now and it's been very effective. As someone who has an autistic child, anytime a company or an organization steps up to promote awareness it can only be a good thing.

Thank you White Sox!

ChiWavDave
02-06-2007, 10:10 AM
As a father of a six year old autistic White Sox Fan, well be there for sure. Great job WhiteSox!

twsoxfan5
02-06-2007, 11:10 AM
I will be there as well as my nephew has autism. He has what would be described as mild autism, but a lot more needs to be done for these kids with this very common disorder. I know that Ozzie wore the Cure Autism Now hat at most of his post game conferences last year.

Johnny Mostil
02-06-2007, 01:05 PM
Ok, I could not have been more excited when I got the email that the White Sox have an autism awareness day. It is April 29 against the Angels. A portion of each ticket will go to the organization "Cure Autism Now" foundation. The link below leads to the web site were you can get order forms for tickets and information about that day at the cell. I wasnt sure were to put this thread in tickets or here. But it is for a very good cause.

Very nice gesture, but does anybody know what the "portion" is? With an autistic child, I know every little bit helps, but I still might like to know how much goes for the cause before picking that as one of the too-few days that I'm able to attend a game this summer . . .

itsnotrequired
02-06-2007, 01:43 PM
Very nice gesture, but does anybody know what the "portion" is? With an autistic child, I know every little bit helps, but I still might like to know how much goes for the cause before picking that as one of the too-few days that I'm able to attend a game this summer . . .

Are you interested in seeing the Angels this year? If so, the amount given to Cure Autism Now from this game is probably substantially more than the amount given from other games (which I assume would be zero).

:redneck

But if you aren't sure if you want to see the Angels, then I'll have to go with a more accurate answer, that being "I don't know."

DSpivack
02-06-2007, 02:23 PM
Wish I could go, but living down here prevents that.

Hits close to me; think I may have aspberger's.

ewokpelts
02-06-2007, 02:23 PM
I think the dollar ammount ia anywhere from $1-$8. This appears to be a "grand slam group" and depening on how many tickets are pre-sold, the discount may be 1/2 of face value.
Also, the sox are waiving service fees(usually 5 bucks per order.)

Gene

Johnny Mostil
02-06-2007, 02:33 PM
Are you interested in seeing the Angels this year? If so, the amount given to Cure Autism Now from this game is probably substantially more than the amount given from other games (which I assume would be zero).

:redneck

But if you aren't sure if you want to see the Angels, then I'll have to go with a more accurate answer, that being "I don't know."

I'm interested in seeing whatever game would least disrupt the schedule for Daddy's princess (who, like other children with her condition, likes to stick to a routine or at least a schedule predicted well in advance) and ultimately for those who may sit around her at the game. That being somewhat unpredictable, I'd be interested in going to any game that gives a "non-trivial" amount to this cause. But I do appreciate the ultimate candor of your answer.:smile:

I think the dollar ammount ia anywhere from $1-$8. This appears to be a "grand slam group" and depening on how many tickets are pre-sold, the discount may be 1/2 of face value.
Also, the sox are waiving service fees(usually 5 bucks per order.)

Gene

OK, this helps, thanks. A chance that, say, $4 per ticket would go to this makes a difference to this family of five ("hey, let's go see the Sox and give $20 to CAN"). If it were less than, say, a dollar per ticket, I probably wouldn't consider this as much . . .

ewokpelts
02-11-2007, 03:59 AM
Just an FYI. The tickets are DISCOUNTED. I just noticed that yesterday. So most likely the autism group is paying 1/2 price a ticket, with them getting $4+ a ticket.

So, It's a good cause, and you save money going to the game. AND, you'll probably get a decent location since it's a grand slam group.
Gene

tick53
02-11-2007, 11:17 AM
It's a good thing. I wonder how long it will be before the Cubs find a cause to get behind? They seem to copy everthing the Sox do. I also notice that Ozzie always changed from his Sox cap to his Cure Autism cap last season on the post game interviews.

michned
02-11-2007, 10:51 PM
To me, just having a day to raise awareness is most important. Any financial contribution is a bonus, but the autism spectrum is so wide that a lot of milder forms (like Asperger's) aren't eligible for much needed services.